PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Wiggler's back! B-Rex (expectedly) joins the party..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a highlight video of the few games he played for those of you (like me) who don't really remember ever seeing him play:

Wow....so THAT’S Rex Burkhead?!?!?! I expected to see some guy in a body cast in a wheelchair!!!!! So you’re telling me he can ....RUN?! Mind....blown

Haha, you guys are brutal.

I like the dude and I’d love to see him take some of those over the middle passes away from Edelman. And survive.

Very glad to have Rex back. Not only does it help with depth, he's simply a quality NFL player and you can never have too many of those.

But I'm one who really likes the idea of Patterson getting 5-7 handoffs a game, and not just on jet sweeps. The guy runs very hard between the tackles and he's big and powerful. I know he's not a RB by trade and I wouldn't want to give him 20 carries a game or anything, but the guy can take a hit, and if he ever gets through the hole cleanly, he's clearly a home run threat.

Very glad to have Rex back. Not only does it help with depth, he's simply a quality NFL player and you can never have too many of those.

But I'm one who really likes the idea of Patterson getting 5-7 handoffs a game, and not just on jet sweeps. The guy runs very hard between the tackles and he's big and powerful. I know he's not a RB by trade and I wouldn't want to give him 20 carries a game or anything, but the guy can take a hit, and if he ever gets through the hole cleanly, he's clearly a home run threat.

Agree. I like Cord running the ball.

For the remainder of the year, as long as the games don't get out of hand I think we will see the run/pass play calls be more 50/50.

Glass-Movie.jpg

I think his impact is going to be most immediately felt out of the slot. I can easily see him running some of the routes that Amendola used to handle in his time here. How long he will last doing that is another question.

I think his impact is going to be most immediately felt out of the slot. I can easily see him running some of the routes that Amendola used to handle in his time here. How long he will last doing that is another question.

BrittleBurk is also lethal from the backfield running that angle Route...Brady throws it well. McDaniels should be quite happy with his new toy and a healthy Sony going forward.

Another thing of note having Bulkhead back and Sony gulp healthy maybe. This makes Jame White even more Dangerous on those cross ups. We know the Defense expects the pass when Whites in there: but when a run is called White can break off some big chunks *the ultimate cross up* as we saw last week and earlier in the season when Sony was healthy.

Not a big fan of having only 8 OLmen on the 53; and when Thanksdad is one of them, we have in effect really only 7 OLmen. OTOH, I'm also no fan - at all - of the Matt Tobin Bridge to the QB, but I still would've kept him ahead of some of the deadweight on defense such as King (first choice), Crossen, Davis, or one of Roberts/Humber/McClellan.

Last edited:
Not a big fan of having only 8 OLmen on the 53; and when Thanksdad is one of them, we have in effect only 7 Real OLmen. I'm no fan - at all - of the Matt Tobin Bridge to the QB, but I would still have kept him instead of some of the deadweight on defense such as King (first choice), Crossen, Davis, or one of Roberts/Humber/McClellan.

Tell em Coach cap.:D

Much needed depth. Now we can use Patterson less. Not so concerned about his health now because he is 3 behind MVPWhite and Playstation.

I'm not sure there's any "ahead" or "behind" to this. I see it more as a toolbox:
Michel = hammer
White/Burkhead = two different types of screwdriver
Patterson = nut remover

Not a big fan of having only 8 OLmen on the 53; and when Thanksdad is one of them, we have in effect only 7 Real OLmen. I'm no fan - at all - of the Matt Tobin Bridge to the QB, but I would still have kept him instead of some of the deadweight on defense such as King (first choice), Crossen, Davis, or one of Roberts/Humber/McClellan.

I was certain it would be Ferentz who got the boot.

OTOH ...
- King is second in the NFL in ST tackles, so not really "deadweight".
- Davis has contributed far more than Rivers at this point.
- Roberts is 4th on the team in passes defensed, 4th in total tackles, and 1st in TFL.
- Humber and McClellan are ST replacements for Grissom and Grigsby, but Humber seemed pretty good with the Pats during the 2016 pre-season and was a very good run-stopper for the Bills after that.
- Crossen, IDK. Maybe he inherited the incriminating photos?

I know any player can have a bad run of injuries.

Let's hope Rex can stay healthy.

What a great time in the season to have a fresh, motivated RB come in.
Unfamiliar to our foes.

Please, please football God's, let us stay healthy.
I'm getting excited for our run to the big game. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey