PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "Who Are you Hoping For on Day Two" Thread?

Landon ****erson (Alabama)
6’ 6”, 325 pounds

Versatile O-line at G/C.

I agree with the Mentions previous posters made esp for the second rd. Pick.
For our other Day 2 picks here are guys i would like to see:
Bobby Brown
Tommy Togiai
Dayo Odeiyngbo (wrong spelling probably )
Brady Christensen Stone Forsythe
Chauncey Gholston
Kendrick Green
Dyami Brown or Eskridge
Kelvin Joseph
Me too.

I feel like they need another wideout with speed. Their wideouts won’t scare anyone. I seee bourne and meyers as basically the same players. Harry is a lost cause.
There are like two players in the league that forced safety help more than Nelson Agholor in 2020.

I hope they leave him alone with a corner.

I agree 100% that the Pats are better with them both, however this recent tweet from Gilmore doesn’t seem like the Pats are willing to pay him what he wants.

Maybe he's pissed at reading all the boards full of people wanting to dump him for a shiny.

Now that QB is cheap for several years, pay the man. He's outperformed his contract and has years of elite play left. No FREAKING WAY would I trade Gilmore for anything less than a major haul of draft picks...and even then it's break my heart to do it. The guy is ELITE and works his butt off. Full stop.

Jackson? Not worth trading. Great #2 on the roster for 3.3m? We can worry about his deal next year. With Horn, Surtain, Newsome and Farley already off the board, no way.

Keep them. Play every year, every game, to win. These two help you win.

Not that I’ve got any sort of grip on this draft, but Spencer Brown really intrigues me. Perhaps one of old, but very much like a Pats OT.
Couisn, I think this is "Trade Day" for BB. His picks from second round to third are not of his liking.

Here are some trade possibilities:
Washington gives us #51, #82 for our#46. #96 and #177 The value chart numbers work
We package a deal with the Vikings who now have multiple 3rds for their own pick #90and we give them all three fourth Rounders, #120,#122. #139
The Saints were desperate to move up maybe 20 slots for CB Jaycee Horn. We swap them Gilmore plus pick #197 for their #60 pick in Round 2

So we would have:

That being said a "steal" (well overused verbiage of any Draft) could be Walker Little of Stamford. Great Frosh year. ACL the first game the following and Covid issues this pat year. Might have been a top twenty pick. Smooth Tackle who does not have to play year one. Reminds me of Matt Light, One of those injured kids that usually work out well for us.. Spencer Brown would work though.

I think you could get him the end of Round three. We should not be talking OT but Brown is a one year players and Wynn is a fith year option guy who is constantly hurt from day one. BB did a good job on unknown interior guys last Draft. I give him credit. If Tevon Jenkins fell to #46 you have to take him. Some say Clemson OT Jackson Carman was indeed under the radar. So we have to protect ourselves for 2022. Although I predict Tevon Jenkins is the Jags pick at #33 to protect 'the franchise". Sam Cosi is another to mention.

If you Draft a Guard like Quinn Minerz would allow flexibility if a OT does not fall to us. I suspect third round.

The CB situation is coming to a head. If we trade Gilmore or J.C. there is a need. I understand the Salary situation for Gilmore leaving.
Tyson Cambell of UGA could be there at #46 He has 1st round talen. Has speed and length. Aaron Robinson CFU fits the Pats CB mold."Team sources feel Robinson could be a press-man corner for the NFL, but also is sufficiently fast and fluid to be able to play off-man coverage". My binkie would be Robert Rochell Central Arkansas. The best small school CB in the Draft. Bill finds those dudes.

WR? You would want Elijah Moore if he lasted....not Rondale Moore. Hurt way too much with hamstring stuff.LSU's Terrace Marshall could be the #1 here. The sleeper is Dyami Brown of North Carolina. Speed and size. Bill got a pretty good WR out of UNC a few years ago in Malcomb Mitchell.

Perhaps our real Defensive need in OLB who can cover. My first choicxe at #46 would be Jabril Cox from LSU.

Trades? Is Gilmore going to go or stay? Harry is also being sought. Will the Pats reach out to players that might be available like the Bears Anthony Miller. Should we dip our toe into Julio Jones? I think the right deal can land us OBJ. Hey...who knows!

DW Toys

Cousin, PAY Gilmore.

We can afford it now.

You would have to hit the lottery to find a draftee who gives you three better years than Gilmore would give you if you're not picking top 15 on Day 1.

That being said a "steal" (well overused verbiage of any Draft) could be Walker Little of Stamford. Great Frosh year. ACL the first game the following and Covid issues this pat year. Might have been a top twenty pick. Smooth Tackle who does not have to play year one. Reminds me of Matt Light, One of those injured kids that usually work out well for us..
And he used to play lacrosse

Couisn, I think this is "Trade Day" for BB. His picks from second round to third are not of his liking.
I wouldn't trade Gilmore and I wouldn't trade back in the 2nd round....With our roster, we need to focus on the best players left in the draft, I'm not concerned about getting more draft picks in later rounds....their not making this team....I want the best available players left in this draft, focus on cb, ot and wr first and then perhaps get a lb or dt...there are not a lot of glaring needs, mostly depth at this point.

Last edited:
Give me a tackle or CB in round two unless there is a substantially better BPA still on the board.

There is so much uncertainty at both positions if you look past this season (Gilmore traded ? Will we pay market price for JCJ ? 5th year decision on Wynn looking with Brown also not signed beyond).

Here are some trade possibilities:
Washington gives us #51, #82 for our#46. #96 and #177 The value chart numbers work
We package a deal with the Vikings who now have multiple 3rds for their own pick #90and we give them all three fourth Rounders, #120,#122. #139
The Saints were desperate to move up maybe 20 slots for CB Jaycee Horn. We swap them Gilmore plus pick #197 for their #60 pick in Round 2

So we would have:

That being said a "steal" (well overused verbiage of any Draft) could be Walker Little of Stamford. Great Frosh year. ACL the first game the following and Covid issues this pat year. Might have been a top twenty pick. Smooth Tackle who does not have to play year one. Reminds me of Matt Light, One of those injured kids that usually work out well for us.. Spencer Brown would work though.

I think you could get him the end of Round three. We should not be talking OT but Brown is a one year players and Wynn is a fith year option guy who is constantly hurt from day one. BB did a good job on unknown interior guys last Draft. I give him credit. If Tevon Jenkins fell to #46 you have to take him. Some say Clemson OT Jackson Carman was indeed under the radar. So we have to protect ourselves for 2022. Although I predict Tevon Jenkins is the Jags pick at #33 to protect 'the franchise". Sam Cosi is another to mention.

If you Draft a Guard like Quinn Minerz would allow flexibility if a OT does not fall to us. I suspect third round.

The CB situation is coming to a head. If we trade Gilmore or J.C. there is a need. I understand the Salary situation for Gilmore leaving.
Tyson Cambell of UGA could be there at #46 He has 1st round talen. Has speed and length. Aaron Robinson CFU fits the Pats CB mold."Team sources feel Robinson could be a press-man corner for the NFL, but also is sufficiently fast and fluid to be able to play off-man coverage". My binkie would be Robert Rochell Central Arkansas. The best small school CB in the Draft. Bill finds those dudes.

WR? You would want Elijah Moore if he lasted....not Rondale Moore. Hurt way too much with hamstring stuff.LSU's Terrace Marshall could be the #1 here. The sleeper is Dyami Brown of North Carolina. Speed and size. Bill got a pretty good WR out of UNC a few years ago in Malcomb Mitchell.

Perhaps our real Defensive need in OLB who can cover. My first choicxe at #46 would be Jabril Cox from LSU.

Trades? Is Gilmore going to go or stay? Harry is also being sought. Will the Pats reach out to players that might be available like the Bears Anthony Miller. Should we dip our toe into Julio Jones? I think the right deal can land us OBJ. Hey...who knows!

DW Toys

Cousin terrance marshall is who I want. He’s everything that harry is not.

Baron Browning or Nick Bolton

I want an O-line in the second round unless the value at WR for a game changer presents itself, doubtful at 45.

In the 3rd round I'd like WR/CB/LB.

Don't trade Gilmore, he's worth more to us on an extended contract than we can get in a trade unless a team wants to overpay us with a first rounder.

This draft is deep at cornerback which means getting a pick in a trade for Jackson is unlikely.

No particular order -- OT Spencer Brown, either Moore WR but preferably Elijah, DT Nixon, either Ohio St LB but preferably Browning, G/C K. Green from Illinois, WR Amari Rodgers, WR Dyami Brown, DL Basham, DL Togiai, just to name a few. Love to get a good player at WR, DT, and OL, but DB and LB works too. I think it'll be a good night, and that there's a good chance they trade back in round 2.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back