PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "Who Are you Hoping For on Day Two" Thread?

Mac Jones is a great deep ball passer. It’d be great to get him a burner to pair with Agholor. They have the TEs, Meyers & Bourne to work the middle of the field.

Watch out for Dwayne Eskridge on day 2. He’s a good fit in the mold of a speedy undersized WR.

We need an OT badly, we have no starters signed for 2022.

We also need a CB, having no starters there either.
================================
I suspect that we will pick up Wynn's option.

I wouldn't mind getting a head start on next year's pending big money free agents / potential retiree's:
FS
CB (2)
OT (2)
LB

Would love to check off at least 2 of these to make next offseason slightly easier on us.

like any other day: a solid #2 and maybe some front 7

OT
Jenkins
Eichenberg
Radunz

CB
Campbell
Samuel
==========================
All of these are in the top 50 in 2 lists (Jeremiah and ESPN). There are 18 such players. We pick 14th. We should have a shot at one we need. Also, note that neither list includes QB's, so if any slip in, then more players are available.
=============
Some that we might want will be long gone
ILB Owusu-Kozama
WR Moore
DT Barmore

BPA, BPA, BPA

This forum will melt down if the Pats select a DB over a highly rated OT.
You do understand that we have ZERO starting corners for 2022?

And yes, BPA may mean a CB instead of a much weaker OT. And yes, I agree that OT is very important.
===============
As far a melt down, I'm not sure that should be a concern. Many on this board would love to see a WR and LB instead of OT and CB. Pleasing them should not be the goal.
=======================================
AS AN ASIDE
Belichick may try to move up or down tonight. 96 is a bit late.

You do understand that we have ZERO starting corners for 2022?

And yes, BPA may mean a CB instead of a much weaker OT. And yes, I agree that OT is very important.
===============
As far a melt down, I'm not sure that should be a concern. Many on this board would love to see a WR and LB instead of OT and CB. Pleasing them should not be the goal.
=======================================
AS AN ASIDE
Belichick may try to move up or down tonight. 96 is a bit late.
The comment was directed more towards certain forum members with post counts in the trillions, than an actual preference on my part.

A good corner would be awesome, despite six of them already off the board.

I would prefer to not get pigeonholed into a corner for a reach so early though.

I’ve been doing the pff mocks for a while and it’s been Mac Jones in the 1st with slight move up in the 2nd for Elijah Moore in the last few weeks leading up to the draft. Since me and Bill were clearly seeing eye to eye in the 1st I’m thinking we continue the dance and go move up for Moore in round 2.

Not that I’ve got any sort of grip on this draft, but Spencer Brown really intrigues me. Perhaps one of old, but very much like a Pats OT.

The rush on CBs and edge in the second part of the draft opened up great opportunity for a strong OL pick in the second round and i hope that is the way they go. There are two blue chip players from my board left and both OL - Landon ****erson and Teven Jenkins. They will go soon - maybe ****erson falls a bit more due to injury concerns. Getting one of them would be just amazing. Spencer is my binkie so I wouldn't mind that at all, a bit of a project but with top 10 pick upside.

CBs and WRs are much deeper and close as prospects so they can wait. Elijah Moore or Marshall would be nice pieces to add but there will be others of both varieties available later.

LB is another likely pick but can also wait for Day 3.

My guess is that BB will try to move around the board to get two top 80 picks (since one was stolen) and that could mean the three great OL options will be gone.

Cosmi, Little and Green are a tier below and would be great picks if they decide to not move up or even trade down.

All good suggestions above , we have a decent Day 2 pick but the gap to day 3 is concerning we could miss out on some good players. Wonder if BB will trade up with some of the lower picks to get back into 3rd or 4th round ?

Best available OT/CB/LB

I want a lb with speed. Hightower will probably miss a game or two at some point and I don't want to rely on scrubs like Bentley.

I think I am gonna jump on the Elijah Moore bandwagon. He is explosive and has confidence that I like from a wide receiver.

Hoping to land any of these guys

WR - Rondale Moore, D’Wayne Eskridge
CB - Tyson Campbell, Kelvin Joseph
OL - Spencer Brown, Lance ****erson
RB - Michael Carter
DT - Alim McNeill

(I don’t expect Elijah Moore, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Azeez Ojulari, Christian Barmore, Javonte Williams, Teven Jenkins, or Dillon Radunz to make it to 46, but I’d be cool with any of them as well!)

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back