PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "Who Are you Hoping For on Day Two" Thread?

Hoping to land any of these guys

WR - Rondale Moore, D’Wayne Eskridge
CB - Tyson Campbell, Kelvin Joseph
OL - Spencer Brown, Lance ****erson
RB - Michael Carter
DT - Alim McNeill

(I don’t expect Elijah Moore, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Azeez Ojulari, Christian Barmore, Javonte Williams, Teven Jenkins, or Dillon Radunz to make it to 46, but I’d be cool with any of them as well!)
I would add Radunz/Meinerz to that list. However 46th would be too early for Meinerz. If somehow one of these players mentioned above is chosen by the Pats it would be awesome.

Shame we don't have thst pick in 70s. But yeah tackle and corner if we can tonight. Nice edge rusher as bpa either
Tylan Wallace is my binky

I agree with some of the posts above re a speedy receiver being drafted but I read somewhere things could get crowded and not enough snaps around for all the WR's unless some players are cut. Maybe this is a wrong take but I would be happy if they drafted someone in the later rounds

I'd like to see some combination of a speedy WR, a developmental CB, and OT depth. But I wouldn't mind a rangy LB or a safety.

Guys I particularly like in various slots: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Dillon Radunz, Elijah Moore, Rondale Moore, Paulson Adebo, Jevon Holland, Robert Rochell, Carlos Basham, Pete Werner, Zech Macphearson, Asante Samuel, Terrace Marshall (medical permitting)

I love JOK and would trade up to get him, and I'd also trade up a few slots for E. Moore if he is there. I think Radunz could be our pick at 46 or with a slight trade down though - we apparently really liked Vera-Tucker, and Radunz is a similar style player who can play tackle and guard. Mid-late 3rd round seems a prime area for one of the corners.

My prediction is a trade down from 46 to around 55-60 and then a move up from 96.

Last edited:
Either Elijah Moore or the best OT availalbe. Make sure Jones has the right pieces around him.

I'll be perfectly OK with a DB as well as long as it is a good value pick and not some Dawson/Richards type. One of Gimlore/Jackson is gone next year, I want the defensive backs to remain elite.

I agree with the Mentions previous posters made esp for the second rd. Pick.
For our other Day 2 picks here are guys i would like to see:
Bobby Brown
Tommy Togiai
Dayo Odeiyngbo (wrong spelling probably )
Brady Christensen Stone Forsythe
Chauncey Gholston
Kendrick Green
Dyami Brown or Eskridge
Kelvin Joseph

Yeah a DB would be nice if BB can get over the second-round-DB-curse. There are a bunch of super quick, small WRs still out there also. And why is Trevon Moehrig still around? Someone is going to get a bargain. But the Patriots now have the luxury of picking the best available players...so it should be really interesting tonight.

Last edited:
Draft two udfa CB and get the best guy in. More likely that pick ends up as next butler/ Jackson. No second round defensive back. If we want to take it, let's take in third round.

I would want us to trade up to get elijah moore and move to late 70s from 96 .we have 11 picks . No point amassing them. Get the cornerstone players.

Edelman replacement slot receiver
Cornerback/OT
Linebacker
Nose tackle - developmental diamond in rough player

I doubt if we can get a decent edge player so better to pass up on it.

Took this excerpt from Zack Cox, I agree with his needs..Looks like there are some really good options still out there.

Here are New England’s five biggest remaining needs, along with a handful of potential Day 2 targets at each spot:

CORNERBACK
Tyson Campbell, Georgia
Ifeatu Melifonwu, Syracuse
Asante Samuel Jr., Florida State
Aaron Robinson, UCF
Benjamin St-Juste, Minnesota
Paulson Adebo, Stanford
Robert Rochell, Central Arkansas
Ambry Thomas, Michigan

WIDE RECEIVER
Elijah Moore, Ole Miss
Rondale Moore, Purdue
Dyami Brown, North Carolina
Amon-Ra St. Brown, USC
D’Wayne Eskridge, Western Michigan
Amari Rodgers, Clemson
Nico Collins, Michigan
Cade Johnson, South Dakota State

OFFENSIVE TACKLE
Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State
Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State
Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame
Sam Cosmi, Texas
Walker Little, Stanford
Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa
Brady Christensen, BYU

LINEBACKER
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame
Nick Bolton, Missouri
Jabril Cox, LSU
Baron Browning, Ohio State
Pete Werner, Ohio State
Derrick Barnes, Purdue

SAFETY
Trevon Moehrig, TCU
Richie Grant, UCF
Jevon Holland, Oregon
Hamsah Nasirildeen, Florida State
Divine Deablo, Virginia Tech
Caden Sterns, Texas

I want all of them, and to fix '22 OT and CB roster problems, but...
  • there's a lot of talk about how next year's draft will be more valuable than this year's because presumably there will be a CFB season in '21 for evals, and no opt outs of final seasons, and
  • BCG says this draft is 3-4 round deep and then falls off a cliff.
  • the roster is already unusually full, without gaping holes for this year
So, I suspect they'll move up to grab two-three more highly ranked players, then do a lot of trading into next year.

With our current roster the way it's set up, not many rookies are going to be able to come in and contribute immediately. I'd expect that we potentially trade up this year or back into next years draft. I think the focus needs to be quality and not quantity as there aren't a lot of roster spots available on this team.

I’d love for them to trade up early and take Christian Barmore, think he’ll be a good DT. Otherwise trade up and grab Asante Samuel’s kid just to stick it to him.

I like Marco Wilson the corner out of FL along with both corners from UCF (Aaron Robinson, Tay Gowan), Khyiris Tonga the NT out of BYU and Simi Feheko the WR out of Stanford later. There are some good OT’s in this draft, like the Notte Dame guys and even later with some smaller school projects like Josh Ball out of Marshall and Tommy Doyle out of Miami (Ohio). Drew Dalman is a good center prospect.

Should we go corner or receiver? This team is going to be built on offense like in years past with the tight ends. We need a slot receiver.

Should we go corner or receiver? This team is going to be built on offense like in years past with the tight ends. We need a slot receiver.
I wouldn't have an issue with either position in the 2nd or 3rd round, also keep an eye on the OT position, I think we may also target that position. A gun to my head, not knowing the future of Gilmore and JC being on his contract year, I would probably lean toward cb.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back