PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "Who Are you Hoping For on Day Two" Thread?

Jags need to go with Offensive line imo. Gotta protect their biggest asset and open holes for their two good rb
I actually think they’re either going to go with Barmore or Moehrig with 33. Both are huge needs on the defensive side of the ball. They SHOULD take whoever falls out of Jenkins, Radunz, or Eichenberg at 45 but who knows?

I think CB - OL - WR is the next level of "need"...
Gilmore could still be dealt, but next year it appears he and JC might both be gone, with DMC on his way to retirement too.
We need a solid CB starter... although we all know the snakebit Rd. 2 DB history.

I think OT specifically. Wynn and Brown are great when healthy, but that's rare. Brown is getting older on that massive body.

We also know how useless rookie WR's are on this team. I think Meyers/Bourne/Gunner will be the top 3 in receptions. I'm expecting an Edelman-like jump for Gunner after Welker left. Agholor will be an x-factor - who knows what he'll provide.
So, to find a smart/fast prospect to fit what Cooks/Dorsett/Byrd were supposed to be would be nice.
I also wouldn't mind bringing Byrd back as the 4th/5th WR. There is something to be said for the 2nd year in this system.
(I don't see much room for Zuber/Wilkerson, especially adding the TE's in the mix)

I badly want them to take a top echelon WR like Moore, Moore, Atwell and Marshall.

But this draft is also very deep in tackles like Jenkins, Eichenberg and Radunz.

Of the CBs, I'm only interested in Joseph, Molden and Samuel this early.

So--hopefully a top WR, then an OT just for value, and a CB for need.
Pretty sure that Atwell fell trememdously when he weighed in at 149 lbs after bein 156 at his Pro-day..

BB needs to hash out a deal to move up in the 2nd if he wants to grab a quality WR.

Can we first have 2021 for X sake :)
I agree, but I was replying to a post that said CB and T were needs because they had no good players under contract for 2022. I'm just pointing out LB also fits that criteria.

FWIW, I'm not even sold on our 2021 starting ILB group. The fact that people can look at our roster at that position and think "yup, all set here" is baffling.

Not having that 3.77 pick because of the idiotic and needless Kraft Entertainment Productions filming fiasco is just... smh.

It would be nice if the Patriots could get fair value and move up with those three fourths and lower that they own right now.

Pick --- Draft Value
2.46 --- 127.71
3.96 ---- 39.38
4.120 --- 23.10
4.122 --- 22.09
4.139 --- 15.13
5.177 ---- 6.49
6.188 ---- 5.08
6.197 ---- 4.16
7.242 ---- 1.53

I don't see a need to draft ten players, but at the same time we have enough needs that we don't want this to be a three-player draft either.

If you take the 3rd and package it with the 5th and 6.188 then you should be able to move up to about 3.85.

Or trade the three fourths to a team with multiple depth issues and you're right back at 3.77 again.
Trading the first two 4ths and 6th should bring you to 3.86.
3.96 and 4.120 should move you up to 3.75.
3.96, 6.197 and 7.242 gets you to 3.90.
The ONLY problem with the "Kraft Filming Fiasco" is that the Pats were blamed for the BROWNS and the LEAGUE failing to notify Cincy. The situation occurred at the BROWNS stadium. The crew had already gotten permission from the Browns and the league. The Browns even said they forgot to notify Cincy. To think that the Patriots TEAM is supposed to notify Cincy for something occurring at the Browns stadium is just ASININE. The league penalized the Patriots for the Browns' and League's error.

Baron Browning would be a solid choice as well
A lot of mocks have us taking Browning. I guess I wouldn’t complain but we need another wideout. Moore would be a perfect fit in the slot here.

The ONLY problem with the "Kraft Filming Fiasco" is that the Pats were blamed for the BROWNS and the LEAGUE failing to notify Cincy. The situation occurred at the BROWNS stadium. The crew had already gotten permission from the Browns and the league. The Browns even said they forgot to notify Cincy. To think that the Patriots TEAM is supposed to notify Cincy for something occurring at the Browns stadium is just ASININE. The league penalized the Patriots for the Browns' and League's error.
They were pointing the camera right at the sidelines LMAO. Come on. Your crew, after Spygate, needs to have better awareness than that.

Like marshall from lsu. Very underrated.

A lot of mocks have us taking Browning. I guess I wouldn’t complain but we need another wideout. Moore would be a perfect fit in the slot here.
Moore is about the same size as Edelman was. The other Moore, Rondale Moore is also a dynamic player but Elijah Moore has the upside. Elijah will go early in the 2nd, Knowing Bill and his conservative drafting strategy, he didn't plan on adding any receivers after signing Kendrick Bourne and Nelson Ahgalor

They were pointing the camera right at the sidelines LMAO. Come on. Your crew, after Spygate, needs to have better awareness than that.

No, Kontra. They weren't. They were in the CINCY Pressbox WITH PERMISSION from Cleveland taking shots of the entire GAME. The whole issue was that Cincy hadn't been notified that they'd be there. And before you start any more s**t, you can get the exact same pictures off the Baltimore 360 replay. Again, NOT the Pats stadium. Cleveland and the league KNEW about it. The Punishment was for NOT notifying CINCY. Which the league and Cleveland should have done.

Get with the facts.

We need an OT badly, we have no starters signed for 2022.

We also need a CB, having no starters there either.
================================
I suspect that we will pick up Wynn's option.
IIRC Mason, Andrews, Owenu are all signed beyond 22. If we are going to add offensive line help, I'm thinking that it needs to be with one of the 4th round picks. My hope for 46 is at WR (I just threw up in my mouth when I wrote that. ;) ) Edge or speed LB.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade down to the end of round 2 or the top of round 3 if our target pick isn't there.

OT, WR or ILB
I just know I woke up with a Woody this morning and did not even have to take a piss.
I feel this draft is going to keep being fun just like the FA period

Trade Harry and a fourth rounder to get browns second rounder. Use our second rounder and third rounder to get a high second and fifth rounder . Draft Moore with that. With the browns second pick grab a CB and then package all remaining picks to grab a OL/ linebacker.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back