PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "Who Are you Hoping For on Day Two" Thread?

OT: Radunz, Jenkins, Eichenberg
WR: Elijah Moore, Marshall, Rondale Moore
CB: Samuel (lol), Melifonwu, Campbell, Joseph
RB: UNC teammates Javonte Williams, Michael Carter.
DT: Barmore (probably going to Jax), McNeil.

I’d love Bobby Brown at DT, but not in the 2nd round.
I like the list but I would add the safeties Moehrig and Holland to it. And as much as I would love to add one of the Moore’s, Javonte Williams or Micheal Carter to their offense I think the defensive side of the ball is going to take a hit next year and they need to prepare for that. That said they shouldn’t reach for it, regardless of position, as that’s what kills rosters.

When Bill looks at his horizontal board tonight, he should focus Exclusively on these 5 positions: WR, LT, CB, DE & DT.

Then when he looks at his vertical board, he should take the highest-rated player overall from those stacks; then it's On To the next pick...

Slot WRs/KRs Rondale Moore (Purdue) or Elijah Moore (Ole Miss), OT Liam Eichenberg (Notre Dame) or 3rd Down RB Kenneth Gainwell (Memphis) or thumper RB Trey Sermon (Ohio St)

So who’s ready for a trade down? No worries, I haven’t been right about anything yet.

By following your suggestion with the statement that infers that you will continue to be wrong because you have been every time, you guarantee that we are trading down. Unless you are wrong about being wrong...

Just say no to DB’s.

Let’s see if my prophecy is correct that Bill will show us he’s on his 12 step recovery plan of taking DB’s in the 2nd round.

Of all of the highly talked about players, there seems to be the biggest gap between the hype and the analysts evals on this guy. He's perhaps the best DT in the draft, but still has a lot of evals that put him in the late 2nd/early 3rd round, and project him to be a 1 down player in the NFL.
And here we go...

Baron Browning
Elijah Molden
Tylan Wallace
Amari Rodgers
Jabril Cox

Spencer Brown

When Bill looks at his horizontal board tonight, he should focus Exclusively on these 5 positions: WR, LT, CB, DE & DT.

Then when he looks at his vertical board, he should take the highest-rated player overall from those stacks; then it's On To the next pick...

I still wouldn't have traded Up for Barmore however...And I'm glad that Bill shares my feelings about our DE situation...

If we don't want one of the OT's in the second, that would mean picking up Wynn's option.
I’m fine with that, and Onwenu can slide back to RT if Brown leaves again. I love this draft so far, I would rather have a few players who will have an impact than 8-10 where most end up cut within a year or two, I think we will see DB’s today.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back