PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Weeknd is the Super Bowl halftime performer

Ahha! Just figured out where I know this song from. Spin class. Had no idea who performed it or where it came from.
So I'm not the only one who associates songs with the last location I heard them in? Now I feel a little better :cool:

Last edited:
I think Lady Gaga was the last big name performer whose star was still on top at the time. I read reports at the time that she was so committed to the performance that her nose arrived to the stadium two hours before she did.

Will the NFL surround Weeknd's stage with "hip stylish" cardboard fans....... with the deafening sound of canned screaming and applause in the background?

Super Bowl halftimes shows are the biggest waste of money. Bunch of people waving their arms and yelling while some unintelligible sound purported to be music emanates from the stage with performers posing in positions not suitable for young viewers. Haven't watched one in years. Time to refresh the food and booze.

Hopefully Abe Lincolns birthday will get the nod in 2021.

Two questions.

Does this dash my dreams of a Megadeath halftime show?

Is there a group called "the month"?

Im still in love with lady gaga for sparking the comeback

Damn shame that AC/DC never played a SB, especially when Malcolm Young was still alive...

Yes! In my mind I was agreeing with you about the lack of great bands lately at the Super Bowl, but then I thought, "Well, who the hell else are they going to get these days?" LOL
I'd stick around to watch this amazing show...

I do like him, but you usually associate the Super Bowl with a big-time performer or band. Or maybe I’m just starting to get old and crotchety. #GetOffMyLawn
I get a kick out of you calling yourself old. When you get down on the floor do you need assistance getting up? If not, you're a young pup.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
Super Bowl halftimes shows are the biggest waste of money. Bunch of people waving their arms and yelling while some unintelligible sound purported to be music emanates from the stage with performers posing in positions not suitable for young viewers. Haven't watched one in years. Time to refresh the food and booze.
I'm the same way about halftime. If I wanted to see a performer I'd go to a concert, like we did for three of the biggest, Elvis (before he got fat), Bowie and Michael Jackson.

I don't care to see the ads either, in spite of the over the top coverage that they receive.

Reactions: Ian
Im still in love with lady gaga for sparking the comeback
Funny you should mention The Comeback. I was listening on the radio this morning to a guy who was a Falcon fan and he was lamenting over the fact that he jinxed them in that game. His wife walked by at halftime and asked him how he felt. He said, "like a superbowl champion." I thought he was going to break down and start bawling right there.

I'm the same way about halftime. If I wanted to see a performer I'd go to a concert, like we did for three of the biggest, Elvis (before he got fat), Bowie and Michael Jackson.

I don't care to see the ads either, in spite of the over the top coverage that they receive.
You actually paid to see Michael Jackson?

michael jackson dancing GIF

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back