PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Weeknd is the Super Bowl halftime performer

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Not thrilled about this one. He’s ok, but I miss the days where they had good bands play those. U2 feels like forever ago :(

I forgot we had a Super Bowl planned.

There will probably never be a halftime show booking I agree with, but The Weeknd in 2020 is much more relevant than Tom Petty in 2007. Even The Weeknd is old news at this point tbh.

Not thrilled about this one. He’s ok, but I miss the days where they had good bands play those. U2 feels like forever ago :(

I don't think anything is ever going to top this. It meant a lot more than just a show. That ovation at the end still gives me chills.

I'm still confused. This is the song I think of when you say "weekend" and music.

Last edited:
Some of these posts are Heartless.

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
Some of these posts are Heartless.
I do like him, but you usually associate the Super Bowl with a big-time performer or band. Or maybe I’m just starting to get old and crotchety. #GetOffMyLawn

I actually love this song! It reminds me of early 80's type dance club music and is very dance-able. I'm okay with the Weeknd!

Edit - okay the video is a little weird, but aren't they all?

• Winner
I actually love this song! It reminds me of early 80's type dance club music and is very dance-able. I'm okay with the Weeknd!

Edit - okay the video is a little weird, but aren't they all?
I do like this one as well as I’m also an 80s guy. And the video at least explains why he looked all beat up for no reason when he was on SNL a while back. My wife and I were both like, what happened to him? Lol, obviously we didn’t see this video ;)

I guess the more I think about it, there aren’t many “bands” these days compared to years ago...which sort of eliminates my premise and only further shows my age :eek:

I do like this one as well as I’m also an 80s guy. And the video at least explains why he looked all beat up for no reason when he was on SNL a while back. My wife and I were both like, what happened to him? Lol, obviously we didn’t see this video ;)

I guess the more I think about it, there aren’t many “bands” these days compared to years ago...which sort of eliminates my premise and only further shows my age :eek:
Yes! In my mind I was agreeing with you about the lack of great bands lately at the Super Bowl, but then I thought, "Well, who the hell else are they going to get these days?" LOL

• Winner
I like halftime shows when the Pats aren’t playing. Too wound up about the game when we are. Lol

One of the problems with getting older bands is there's no pay for performing at halftime. It's promotion, publicity etc. for the artist, they don't actually get paid I believe. Most of these guys are sitting on tens of millions and have little motivation to get fired up. Esp U2, Stones ... in their 50's-70's at halftime of the SB.

I saw U2 live at Gillette and they're amazing. One of the first bands I ever listened to as a kid. Never forget Bono opening his jacket at halftime.

Y’all are showing lack of depth. The Weeknd is a god damned arteeeeeeest.

Ahha! Just figured out where I know this song from. Spin class. Had no idea who performed it or where it came from.

• Ha Ha

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes