The tape on Sony Michel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd really wanted a LB or DE...

Oh boohoo! I want, I want, I want.
You sound like a 4 year old.
There was not a de or lb available.
Did you want just ANY lb or de?
A real crappy one who's worse than anyone on the roster?
The 1st 3 picks were absolutely excellent.
You draft on player value. Only draft need if it fits the value. It didn't.

On average over what? his 4 year college career? what were the fumble number LAST SEASON? OK forget it, I'LL do it

Sony Michel...2017 stats...156 carries...TWO fumbles...ONE fumble lost

In 2016 he had 3...1 lost...in 2015 he had 5...1 lost

Now it looks like to me that he's gotten better with fumbling even as his carries increased. I can see Rotoworld is tryting to start some kind of controversy but , being an old NFL fan, I ****in' HATE Rotoscumbagworld and their azzole "knowers of stats". There is NO controversy and the entire idea of "fumbling issues!!!" is ludicrous.

Here is me being a wet blanket. :)

On average Sony Michel fumbled the ball every 54.6 touches. If that continues you simply can't give him the ball even if he has a 5 yard average. This needs to be fixed or he will soon find himself in BB's doghouse. I know it's an issue for a lot of young backs. People assume it's an easy fix but not always. Some are able to fix it and some are not.

Some when fixing it slow down and it defeat the whole purpose of getting them in the first place.
Fortunately he'll be coached up and his ball security will be improved by the time the season rolls around.

If he proves to be an exceptional player and major offensive weapon, I wouldn't be surprised if Bill was patient over him fumbling two or three times (I don't mean like 3 in one game). There is precedent for it with Dion Lewis.

On average over what? his 4 year college career? what were the fumble number LAST SEASON? OK forget it, I'LL do it

Sony Michel...2017 stats...156 carries...TWO fumbles...ONE fumble lost

In 2016 he had 3...1 lost...in 2015 he had 5...1 lost

Now it looks like to me that he's gotten better with fumbling even as his carries increased. I can see Rotoworld is tryting to start some kind of controversy but , being an old NFL fan, I ****in' HATE Rotoscumbagworld and their azzole "knowers of stats". There is NO controversy and the entire idea of "fumbling issues!!!" is ludicrous.

i just did the same exercise and then saw that you already did it. oh well, i'll post my results anyway.

on a separate note, college player fumble stats are surprisingly hard to get. i actually had to go through each one of the georgia game stat sheets to get michel's fumble numbers.

L1wtK5m.png

this guy on reddit says that a lot of his fumbles were going out of bounds. that would explain the much lower "fumbles lost" number.

Reactions: PP2
Love this pick.

Me too.

Andy Johnson thinks he was good.

Well I too think our draft pick may be good. Attempting joke with my post knowing the long threads about Maroney here in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back