PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The tape on Sony Michel

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the correction pronunciation of his name?

Is it, 'Sunny Michelle?'

Is it, 'Sunny Michelle?'

That's a question for the other thread. We just want to look at his skill sets here and see how we'll utilize him.

Fast forward to 1:14 to see some of his power. Lowers his shoulder and through three defenders for 6.

Is it, 'Sunny Michelle?'
Sony (like PlayStation) Michel (Meeshell) basically

Funny enough the thing I'm most excited about this guy being able to do is pass block. Damn do I miss the days where Dillon could stonewall someone to give Brady the extra second he needed.

Just saying, it really stands out how often he has a hole so big that he doesn't even get touched when he crosses the first level of defenders.

Then again, #77 was often the one creating those holes....

i don’t know why, but he reminds me of Brandon Jacobs but much better.

Here's the REAL tape on Michel...

upload_2018-4-27_15-26-42.png

I haven't been this excited about the Pats drafting a RB since the Lawrence Maroney pick!
Oh, wait...

When LoMo first arrived he was an absolute beast. But he got injured and, after that ... I've no quarrels with the pick whatsoever.

So you're telling me that he is the Gronk of Runningbacks? I could enjoy watching that for the next 5 years. :D

Funny enough the thing I'm most excited about this guy being able to do is pass block. Damn do I miss the days where Dillon could stonewall someone to give Brady the extra second he needed.

Fast forward to 1:14 to see some of his power. Lowers his shoulder and through three defenders for 6.

He doesn't seem to need much of a crease.

It's hard to believe, but Maroney was really exciting to watch in 2006 before he got hurt. I think against the Bengals that year he was just stiffarming people left and right.

Then it seemed like he got hurt (rib injury?) and never ran the same after that. It was like he always ran scared of getting hurt.

With Bill's track record of drafting WRs and RBs in round one I don't see how this could possibly go wrong. The kid should get a head start on his Hall of Fame induction speech. What I really want to know is: Can he jump through the open windows of a minivan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes