PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION The Super Bowl 56 game thread

The sacks killed the Bengals.

Cincinnati had so many chances to put the game away and failed. They still had ample time to tie the game up, but totally jacked up the playcalling and timeouts on their last drive.

The Bengals defense is really good.

Cooper Kupp is just better.

You could be right. But it's very hard to get to a Superbowl. Not every fanbase had a season ticket like we did. To get to that point... midfield, one yard for a first, 10-15 for a legit field goal try. Dunno, they'll be doing very well to get that close again.
There is no doubt that it is very hard to get to the SB and they might never make it back but IMO they are in a position roster wise to be contenders in the AFC in the near future.

Cooper Kupp is just better.
Draft really is a crapshoot when you can get MVP wide receivers out of a small school in the 3rd round. So many great players are missed by everyone multiple times. Says to me that the obsession with first round WR picks is unnecessary.

Draft really is a crapshoot when you can get MVP wide receivers out of a small school in the 3rd round. So many great players are missed by everyone multiple times. Says to me that the obsession with first round WR picks is unnecessary.
Ja'Marr Chase ?
There are some stars that deserve it

Even if you traded up and took Kupp in the 1st round youd be a genius. Same for Brady of course.

All the draft experts would rip you apart day after the draft.

Kinda feel bad for Goff. Could have easily been him. And this time he would have Kupp.

The sacks killed the Bengals.

Cincinnati had so many chances to put the game away and failed. They still had ample time to tie the game up, but totally jacked up the playcalling and timeouts on their last drive.

They decided to take Chase over Sewell in the draft..they wouldn't have gotten to the SB without Chase though.

Some random thoughts:
  • I was wrong about OBJ. He was far better for the Rams than I expected him to be. When he got injured, the Rams' offense completely sputtered. Sucks for him that he is going into free agency with a knee injury. I hope for him it isn't another ACL tear. I wonder how it will affect the WR free agent class if two of the top 4-5 WR free agents had late season ACL tears.
  • The Bengals need to invest in a new o-line or Burrow is going to have a short career. In two playoffs games (last night and against the Titans), he was sacked 16 times. That is insane.
  • I wonder how good Burrow would have been without Ja'Marr Chase. A couple of Burrow's biggest plays yesterday were not great passes to Chase and Chase just made unbelievable plays on the ball. That long bomb early in the game was off target and Chase just laid out and catch it it with one hand. Don't get me wrong. Burrow is still a great young QB, but he definitely benefits from one of the best WRs in the league. Possibly the best WR.
  • People can talk about all the WRs the Patriots should have drafted over N'Keal Harry in the 2019 draft, but the Pats really missed out on getting Cooper Kupp in 2017. He is a perfect fit for the Patriots offense. In fairness to the Pats, their first pick in the 2017 draft was 16 spots after Kupp was drafted in the third round. I wonder if the Pats had a second round pick that draft if they would have drafted him as an eventual Edelman replacement. Probably not, but one can wonder.
  • I am not sure either of these team are going to contenders for all that much longer. The Rams mortgage the future to win this year. They don't have a first round pick for several more years, have cap issues, Aaron Donald may retire, and so might Sean McVay. And as long as the Bengals have Mike Brown as an owner, they will never have a commitment from ownership to spend to make the team better. They will likely lose more than gain over the next few years.

They decided to take Chase over Sewell in the draft..they wouldn't have gotten to the SB without Chase though.
The Bengals future is very bright.

Ja'Marr Chase ?
There are some stars that deserve it
If you go pass catchers, Pitts had a 1000 yards season, waddle had a 1000 yds season with Tua and Brisset.

For me it depends where you pick in the 1st. I think there is value in WR if you pick between 1-10 or 1-15. After that you can be better of taking another position and found a receiver in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Refs don't call crap all night and then decide the game.
To be fair with Lar there was a huge penalty not called on Ramsey that gave a td to Cin...

Higbee out
Woods out since a lot...
Then OBJ out

Still Rams won...
Chapeau...

If you go pass catchers, Pitts had a 1000 yards season, waddle had a 1000 yds season with Tua and Brisset.

For me it depends where you pick in the 1st. I think there is value in WR if you pick between 1-10 or 1-15.
Solid post

Bengals did better than I thought they would.
Agree...for all playoffs run...they have been more good then expected

There was a lot of chatter about Kupp leading up to his draft. In fact, he was often mentioned as a “perf patriots pick”. Woulda shoulda.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back