PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION The Super Bowl 56 game thread

It raises the question of whether you'd rather have a shot every year, or go all in and then tear it down. The Florida Marlins in baseball were a great example. Won two world series and most every other year they are pathetic - no thanks. I prefer having a chance every year and not having to suffer through tear-downs.
I think we can say last year was our tear down, BB reset the salary cap where he could start to rebuild.

The Bengals got robbed by the officials. It's time for Mike Pence to step in and do the right thing.
Am i the only one that saw a Bengal td that should have been a penalty against Ramsey
I do not think honestly Cincy was robbed and i am not a Ram fan

Am i the only one that saw a Bengal td that should have been a penalty against Ramsey
I do not think honestly Cincy was robbed and i am not a Ram fan
I see my attempt at a bit of political humor fell flat :(

I thought it was a really good game. The non call on Bengals TD to start the 3rd and the PI on the Rams final drive cancel themselves out IMO and i thought the refs had a good game by not calling too many penalties. I thought Al Michaels and Collinsworth did a good job on the broadcast. Everything is over the top with Collinsworth, but i have become used to it i guess. At one point he said "There has never been a QB and WR have better chemistry than Stafford and Cupp". LOL, I'm like, well, there is Burrows and Chase...then you have Brady and Moss, Brady and Welker, Brady and Edelman...just off the top of my head.

I thought the game was mediocre. The Bengals were lucky to even get to the Super Bowl and they didn't look like they belonged there in the second half. Tee Higgins literally threw Ramsey to the ground by the facemask to get open for that long TD and the Rams literally handed them the ball in scoring position one play later. After the FG there they did absolutely nothing for the rest of the game.

And I'm sorry but 2nd & 1 from midfield with a minute left and two timeouts, the Bengals have got to get at least into FG range there. The 3rd-and-4th-down plays were pathetic. I don't want to hear anymore Burrow comparisons to Brady either. I don't care if the '85 Bears defense was across from Brady in that situation, Brady's getting points on the scoreboard 100 out of 100 times.

The Bengals HAVE TO fix their o-line too if they plan on keeping Burrow healthy and staying in contention. Even still over the next decade the Bengals will make it to <2 Super Bowls.

As bad as the Bengals offense was for the majority of the second half, the Rams weren't much better. Some credit goes to the Bengals defense but the Rams play-calling until they absolutely had to get it done was highly suspect. Stafford was fine but I don't think he did anything special. He had 7 plays from inside the 10-yard line to score a TD. He also had the benefit of a bogus holding call that reset the downs when he should have been facing a 4th down with the game on the line. Kupp had a very good game but the MVP should have gone to Donald.

I would not go that far.

Bengals also had a huge call in their favor (the OPI that was not called).

The refs were just inconsistent and atrocious, period. The sequence at the end was particularly pathetic.
I always say that the bad calls equal out.

Despite the calls that went against the Bengals, they still had a chance to send the game into OT.

I always say that the bad calls equal out.

Despite the calls that went against the Bengals, they still had a chance to send the game into OT.
I would say the facemask non call against Ramsey even out with the DPI non call by Ramsey at the end of the first quarter. The Rams had all the calls in the final two minutes when the game was on the line. Blatant false start ignored while a phantom call is made against the Bengals and on 4th & 1 Donald is clearly lined up offside and he is the one who makes the play

I would say the facemask non call against Ramsey even out with the DPI non call by Ramsey at the end of the first quarter. The Rams had all the calls in the final two minutes when the game was on the line. Blatant false start ignored while a phantom call is made against the Bengals and on 4th & 1 Donald is clearly lined up offside and he is the one who makes the play
The Bengals had plenty of chances to put the Rams away and blew it.

Riding a 3 point lead never works out unless youre playing in a blizzard.

It's pretty pathetic they handed the MVP award to Cooper Kupp. I mean, no offense to arguably the best WR in the NFL, but it needs to be understood that had it not been for Aaron Donald, Matthew Stafford would've had to throw 5 TD passes to Kupp to keep the game even close.

And the final play of the game where Donald was tackling Burrow before he could get the ball in the air to Ja'Marr Chase (Ramsey had fallen down)?

He might've turned in the best defensive performance in Super Bowl history.

Yeah i mean im glad it wasn’t a blowout, but it wasn’t anything ill really remember a few years from now.

I thought the divisional round and conference championships were really good, was gonna be hard to live up to that anyway.
I'll remember the Bills-Chiefs game and conference title games more than the SB.

He might've turned in the best defensive performance in Super Bowl history.
That surely is a bit of a hyperbole. Great as Donald is, and as important as his close-out stop was, his performance came against a team with one of the worst offensive lines in football and his team with stars all over the D in the end still allowed 20 points. Wouldn't rank this performance higher than Von Miller in SB50 or Gilmore in SBLIII.

That surely is a bit of a hyperbole. Great as Donald is, and as important as his close-out stop was, his performance came against a team with one of the worst offensive lines in football and his team with stars all over the D in the end still allowed 20 points. Wouldn't rank this performance higher than Von Miller in SB50 or Gilmore in SBLIII.
Rodney Harrison says hello from our third Super Bowl victory.

The Rams D played great but they were facing a terrible offensive line. It’s like last years Bucs D vs the Chiefs o-line.

Only new record broken is youngest winning coach displacing Tomlin. A few ties (sacks, fastest 2nd 1/2 td)

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back