PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION The Super Bowl 56 game thread

The storylines of the Rams winning this year was too enticing for the NFL - Stafford finally winning it with all that he and his wife went through, Rams doing it on their home field, etc. The league will do a make up game for the Bengals in the future. Makes me question all the teams that have won the SB in the past. I don't think it's a coincidence that the NFL let Brett Favre take cheapshot after cheapshot in the 2009 NFCCG with no calls....the Saints winning the SB just a few years after Katrina was a great story for the league and for the city of NO.

Last edited:
It's weird. I'm thinking back to the game.

23-20.

Yet...it never felt like a great game despite the score.

There was always a feeling the Bengals wouldn't put it away. And the Rams would inevitably get the GW TD.

Kinda feel bad for Goff. Could have easily been him. And this time he would have Kupp.
I do NOT think so...

Kinda feel bad for Goff. Could have easily been him. And this time he would have Kupp.

SB 53 was a winnable game for him and he came up short…

Second straight year Super Bowl went to the “dumb and desperate team” that was most aggressive and built a team the stupid way with star players even though that doesn’t work in the NFL.
It raises the question of whether you'd rather have a shot every year, or go all in and then tear it down. The Florida Marlins in baseball were a great example. Won two world series and most every other year they are pathetic - no thanks. I prefer having a chance every year and not having to suffer through tear-downs.

It's weird. I'm thinking back to the game.

23-20.

Yet...it never felt like a great game despite the score.

There was always a feeling the Bengals wouldn't put it away. And the Rams would inevitably get the GW TD.

Yeah i mean im glad it wasn’t a blowout, but it wasn’t anything ill really remember a few years from now.

I thought the divisional round and conference championships were really good, was gonna be hard to live up to that anyway.

Second straight year Super Bowl went to the “dumb and desperate team” that was most aggressive and built a team the stupid way with star players even though that doesn’t work in the NFL.
I completely disagree with you. The Bucs were agressive pursuing free agent but the core of the team was built through the right way through the draft. They didn’t sold the future to get a ring. Far from it. They invested less money the year they got Brady than the Patriots last year. The same thing cannot be said for the Rams thought.

So ticky tacky holding call
False start (non-call)
Offside (non-call)

All within the LAST 5 minutes. Pathetic.

And some of y’all were going for LA like this LA bias doesn’t happen in all sports th wrong team was handed a win last night and it’s bull ****

I completely disagree with you. The Bucs were agressive pursuing free agent but the core of the team was built through the right way through the draft. They didn’t sold the future to get a ring. Far from it. They invested less money the year they got Brady than the Patriots last year. The same thing cannot be said for the Rams thought.

LOL, the Bucs brought in Brady, Gronk, Fournette, Suh, JPP, Brown, and Barrett via trade or FA...

And some of y’all were going for LA like this LA bias doesn’t happen in all sports th wrong team was handed a win last night and it’s bull ****

I would not go that far.

Bengals also had a huge call in their favor (the OPI that was not called).

The refs were just inconsistent and atrocious, period. The sequence at the end was particularly pathetic.

Last edited:
The Bengals got robbed by the officials. It's time for Mike Pence to step in and do the right thing.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back