PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The sad part about this offseason...

Status
Not open for further replies.
PATRIOTS-80 said:
umm yes it is. Only a fool (Dan Synder) builds his team on FA. What's your point? Do you want us to follow the Dan Synder model. Look at all those shiny FA he signed this off-season.

THE CORE OF OUR TEAM IS DRAFTED.

You are exactly right! I live in Dan Snyder country. That "we need to sign free agents, we have cap space left, mentality is killing the Redskins. Has for years. It doesn't work.

So the Redskins had the "best" offseason in free agency, according to many. How'd they look 2 weeks ago, against the woeful, underspending Patriots?

The Patriots left room for Law and Branch. Law took even more to go to KC. A five year, $31M deal wasn't good enough for Branch.

Hey, all I know is I hear this same garbage every year, and the Patriots have won three out of five Super Bowls, and could very well do it again this year.

Look people, we should never hold anyone to standards that suggest infallability. Not even BB and Pioli are perfect. I don't understand how when a few people might wonder if there might be a better way, everyone jumps on them as if the Pats FO are perfect.

I guarantee you that even BB/Pioli do not think they are perfect. While obviously screaming that we are doomed would be wildly inaccurate, let's keep in mind that even BB's Philosophy is to try and get better at what he is doing everyday. If he thinks that way then that only means he knows he knows he doesn't always get it right either.

We've got a great FO with a good track record but that does not preclude them from a little criticsm every now and then. That's just like why our political system is full of checks and balances. It is due to the knowledge that no person can get it right all the time. Based on their track record however, I think it's safe to say that even with missteps now and then, the direction this team is always moving towards is excellence in what we do. I'm very comfortable with that even when things don't go as planned. But just because some people question certain moves, there is no reason to appoint them non-believers. They are just as concerned as you and I on the progress of the team as anyone. The more people try to quell reactions such as theirs, the worse the team will inevitably become because no society has ever been successful enough where the leader believes he can do no wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back