PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Rise of Steve Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, cuz BB spent all the money on Steve's unit at the expense of others. No wonder Steve looks like a genius.
Steve's unit has developed a lot of youngsters though, from Butler to Rowe to Harmon to JC Jackson

I agree. BB will survive if our offense (which has crap personnel) fails. It’s McD who will suffer and fail, and might even get booted. His days of repeatedly getting HC job offers are gone now that he doesn’t have Tom Fckin Brady making him look like a star.

The blame will go on Stidham.

He is the guy in the hot seat and the one who will be the target of all the booing should things get bad. Bradys successor is an impossible job no matter how good the QB is.

Did we blame McDaniels when he called run plays and Sony ran into the line of scrimmage and fell down? No, Sony was to blame for being slow and having no power to break tackles.

He is the guy in the hot seat and the one who will be the target of all the booing should things get bad. Bradys successor is an impossible job no matter how good the QB is.

Did we blame McDaniels when he called run plays and Sony ran into the line of scrimmage and fell down? No, Sony was to blame for being slow and having no power to break tackles.
I agree and it’s unfair. Once in a great while (Steve Young) the legend is replaced by another great.

Having said that : it’s the nature of the starting QB’s job. They all know what they are getting into and they either get the glory or the blame. And if the weight of that pressure here to your starter, then either (1) that player improves and becomes the leader or (2) you didn’t have the right guy for the job.

Stidham is going to suffer from getting no reps in practice.

It depends on the game plan. Stidham is a mobile QB and the offense should morph to take advantage of his broader skillset. I think of Cassell in 2007 and McD did a great job with him. He needs to do the same here. I don't believe BB would have gone all in right now if he did not believe Stidham had the goods. McD needs to showcase why he is a great offensive mastermind or else he will get plenty of blame.

What a twist for McDaniels. Should’ve taken jobs elsewhere, but he did teams favors with his indecisiveness
As a Patriots fan, I am glad he stayed even though I think he made a bad career move. You have to strike when the iron is hot because you just never know what is going to happen down the line.

This is naive and demonstrates a complete failure to grasp the situation.
I don't think he will get fired, but I also don't think it can be denied that a poor offensive performance this year will seriously hurt his chances at becoming an HC anytime soon.

Yes, some of us actually did...

It depends on the game plan. Stidham is a mobile QB and the offense should morph to take advantage of his broader skillset. I think of Cassell in 2007 and McD did a great job with him. He needs to do the same here. I don't believe BB would have gone all in right now if he did not believe Stidham had the goods. McD needs to showcase why he is a great offensive mastermind or else he will get plenty of blame.
Bill's gone all in? Coulda fooled me...

From Mike Reiss' column yesterday at BSPN. Seems the players really like him.

5. Steve Belichick a bright light of coaching staff: Twin brothers Devin and Jason McCourty have entertained the past two Sunday nights with their "Double Coverage" podcast, connecting with Patriots fans and former teammates Duron Harmon and Kyle Van Noy while sharing behind-the-scenes stories and insight. One example was Devin on defensive backs coach Steve Belichick: "I would say he's probably the most positive coach in our building. Always fun. The silver lining in all situations. In a stressful environment, he's always upbeat. I love seeing him progress as a coach and taking on new roles."

Unlike the Tom Brady years, Patriots can aim high at QB in NFL draft

BB did not, I repeat NOT, just use our first pick of the draft to help his son. That would be nepotism. Steve's unit was in desperate need of help with only Gilmore, D McCourty, J McCourty, Chung, Harmon, Jones, Jackson, and last year's 2md round pick Williams. Steve needed help, that's why we first re-signed DMac, brought in Philips, and now finally got him some competition for 4th safety slot. Steve B can also use some competition for 5th and 6th CB spots, so maybe we can pick some CBs with next few draft picks.

If Steve wanted to be a football coach he had no better teacher than Bill, who probably took Steve Sr's teachings and made improvements. Steve Jr could do the same with Bill.

Yep, and I don’t believe Belichick hands anything to his kids, they have to earn it. Steven Belichick is definitely someone we should want in this organization for years to come.

As a Patriots fan, I am glad he stayed even though I think he made a bad career move. You have to strike when the iron is hot because you just never know what is going to happen down the line.

He would have had Luck retire on him and Jim Irsay as his boss. He will have more opportunities, and he will be the favorite to succeed Belichick,

Yep, and I don’t believe Belichick hands anything to his kids, they have to earn it. Steven Belichick is definitely someone we should want in this organization for years to come.

I bet Steve gets HC job next year somewhere after the Defense's performance last year and presumably this year. He's getting fast tracked with all the cap allocation (Pats near top in NFL in cap allocation for secondary) and draft picks allotted. I think he's gone after this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots