PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Rise of Steve Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Steve wanted to be a football coach he had no better teacher than Bill, who probably took Steve Sr's teachings and made improvements. Steve Jr could do the same with Bill.

Photo of Steve

anakin%2B1.jpg

Unapologetic BB fan here. You are correct, though, BB-Brady has been the ultimate combo. I’m surprised two Alphas were able to stick together 20 years.

They had an incredible run and we were lucky to have them both. It's difficult to put into words how spectacular their run has been.

I feel lucky. I got the Brady/BB gift after getting the Bill/Red gift all those years ago.

Unapologetic BB fan here. You are correct, though, BB-Brady has been the ultimate combo. I’m surprised two Alphas were able to stick together 20 years.

hi-res-a3f437b039a462eece59dd48245ee638_crop_north.jpg

How dare you. I specifically said that he didn't dedicate the most cap space to the secondary just to make Steve look good. How dare you!

Well I was triple dog dared so....

It really comes across as sarcasm, to me at least. If not, cheers then and look out for truck loaded with horse manure. :D

Last edited:
Well I was triple dog dared so....

It really comes across as sarcasm, to me at least. If not, cheers then and look out for truck loaded with horse manure. :D

Don’t worry. Your filter is working fine. The OP was sarcasm and so was that reply to you. :)

IMO, McDaniels has the most to prove this year. He has been horrible when he has not had the GOAT as his QB. I truly hope now that he will have a more mobile QB who is 100 percent all in that he can devise game strategies that will be more modern, Andy Reid like otherwise it may be time to dump him altogether.

I think McDaniels was only sticking around to finish out Brady's time in New England and he'll be taking someone else's money soon.

I wonder if he might be headed west to LA to coach the Chargers. They signed Tyrod Taylor to replace Rivers so they're pretty blatantly going into the tank, they're probably gonna have a pretty high draft pick and be looking to scramble together a winner. A premium offensive coach like mcD may be just what they think they need

What happened to the "meritocracy" of the "Patriot Way"?

It’s only a meritocracy when it’s somebody else’s kid. Fears of unmerited nepotism in this instance are tempered somewhat by Brian Belichick’s stalled ascent up the coaching tree. Why promote one without merit while the other languishes?

The Belichick worshippers already planning for his first son to replace him need to remember it’s not Bill’s job to bequeath. Bob and/or Jonathan Kraft will be making that call. It wouldn’t surprise me that Bill might not even control when he leaves. After convincing the Krafts to let him run off the GOAT, Bill’s neck is in a noose whether he knows it or not especially if Brady succeeds in Tampa.

My hope is Bill knows it and steps up the quality of his personnel decisions by taking the counsel of his scouts and Caserio and stops the “I only want to coach players I like” nonsense and rises to the challenge of keeping the Patriots championship contenders. If he doesn’t, he’ll be gone in a couple of years. Pushed out the door just like he just pushed Brady.

20 hour days seems like a good way to die in your 40s.

I was listening to public radio and they had a professor on from Harvard that was a sleep expert.
One of the points he made was that your brain, just like the rest of your body has a waste drainage system (lymphatic). This operates while you sleep.

I was shocked when he pointed out that a buildup of toxins in your brain from sleep deprivation can possibly lead to dementia later in life.

Think of all these hard charging type A's that may be potentially frying their brains.

Personally, I work on the oilfield pulling 12 hour days. I have in the past put in 130+ hour weeks.
I have learned to function on very little sleep.
However, I see that I am much sharper when I get good rest.
7 hours is a good night's rest for me. Everyone is different. I am amazed at how much my wife can sleep.

IMO, McDaniels has the most to prove this year. He has been horrible when he has not had the GOAT as his QB. I truly hope now that he will have a more mobile QB who is 100 percent all in that he can devise game strategies that will be more modern, Andy Reid like otherwise it may be time to dump him altogether.

I agree. BB will survive if our offense (which has crap personnel) fails. It’s McD who will suffer and fail, and might even get booted. His days of repeatedly getting HC job offers are gone now that he doesn’t have Tom Fckin Brady making him look like a star.

What happened to the "meritocracy" of the "Patriot Way"?
Steve’s unit was the best on the team. Much better than Josh’s. So, if you want to go there...

Steve’s unit was the best on the team. Much better than Josh’s. So, if you want to go there...

Yeah, cuz BB spent all the money on Steve's unit at the expense of others. No wonder Steve looks like a genius.

Yeah, cuz BB spent all the money on Steve's unit at the expense of others. No wonder Steve looks like a genius.
It might not be a matter solely of resources allocated to one side vs another...it might also partly be due to Bill making fewer bone-headed decisions on the defensive side than he has on the other side...and he's made a few on the defensive side too...

I agree. BB will survive if our offense (which has crap personnel) fails. It’s McD who will suffer and fail, and might even get booted. His days of repeatedly getting HC job offers are gone now that he doesn’t have Tom Fckin Brady making him look like a star.

This is naive and demonstrates a complete failure to grasp the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes