PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Quinn Nordin era also begins

Pretty surprised but happy with the decision. I thought the second game misses had crushed his chances.

Gonna be an exciting year. Rookie QB and a kicker with a monster leg but questionable accuracy. The extra point might get missed but now BB may go for it more often from 50-60 yards.
New plan for BB...Go for broke. Inside the 25, go for it on 4th. Who needs XP...a 50% success rate on the 2 pt conversions is just as good (it worked for basketball and the 3 pt line). FG tries only 40+ yards.

Let’s keep in mind that we saw him miss three kicks…something like that can be explained by just having an off day or even a statistical anomaly. The game before that, everyone was giggling in excitement about a similarly tiny sample size. I understand three misses can be a big deal, but we really don’t know. It’s not like he’s lacking the physical ability like some other training camp question marks.

Let’s keep in mind that we saw him miss three kicks…something like that can be explained by just having an off day or even a statistical anomaly. The game before that, everyone was giggling in excitement about a similarly tiny sample size. I understand three misses can be a big deal, but we really don’t know. It’s not like he’s lacking the physical ability like some other training camp question marks.
Could it have been the holder?

Who knows? Really…at least, as fans we can speculate but don’t know.

I remember reading in Moneyball how scouts would go and watch prospects play, and let’s say there was a .250 hitter and a .300 hitter, and you watched a three game series. There was a very decent chance (I think around 40%) that the .250 hitter would hit for a higher average during that particular stretch. So, point being our eyes can very much deceive us when we hyper focus on a few outcomes.

Last edited:
I think this is the right decision.

If he flops BIG time, Folk is a text-message away. Folk won't be joining another team any time soon....

Well hope that Folk will be on text message. Just need consistency over for that of Quinn Nordin. And he will have it down pact. But now if he stays on, could he take over KO duties if he keeps it up like this. If he is on the team in 2022, then that could focus on Jake Bailey just punting.

Hopefully it’s not the Quinn Nordin Error.

Nurse! Folk has been rock solid since week 3 of last year. Kinda nervous about this one
I agree. Folk is a guy who won't hurt you as your kicker. Hopefully the new kid settles in quickly. A bad kicking game is an invitation to disaster.

The kid has a monster leg but this is risky, unless Bill has something up his sleeve. It is possible that they will resign Folk and add him to the practice squad? He already got his guaranteed money. Theoretically they could then activate him for games and Nordin could be a game day inactive player on the 53 at least early on, or could switch places with Folk and move to the PS.

This is absolutely shocking. Is bb trying to drive down the average age of this team?

I agree. Folk is a guy who won't hurt you as your kicker. Hopefully the new kid settles in quickly. A bad kicking game is an invitation to disaster.

Yep, just thinking about all the close games we are probably going to be in and the kicker position needs to be on point. Folk won 2 games for us last year at least, with long buzzer beaters,. Hoping for the best here, and if the kid struggles hoping Folk isn't scooped up by someone.

I have a little chant I wrote for FG attempts during the first exhibition game. I will generously share it with you now, royalty-free.

"Quinn, Quinn, Nord It In!"
Be careful, or you might summon a wild @fnordcircle.

i too am really happy happy w this move despite the risks.

cardona was definitely out during that stretch and truthfully I’m not sure WHO was holding; but I suspect that it was also a switch out (Dolegala ?). So I think a lot of other roster turbulence COULD very WELL account for the issues

in addition with all the things that were said about his mechanics being changed & standardized ; he still wasn’t/isn’t a finished product; but he is a (long-Range sniper) WEAPON!!!! Looking forward to seeing the final Nordin by mid-season maybe.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back