PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Question Mark Positions: WR and TE

Status
Not open for further replies.
On one hand, I know we haven't seen so much as a preseason snap from Mo Harris.
On the other hand, I'm wracking my brain for examples of veteran receivers who joined the Patriots and seemed to instantly click into the offense and find rapport with Brady in TC, who then amounted to nothing. Or, come to think of it, examples of vet WRs who seemed to flail helplessly when learning the offense in camp, but who totally locked in later. When it comes to vets and this system, early signs are pretty predictive.

I'm calling Harris a lock.
Looking pretty good for him... You're most likely right. I'm not optimistic on berrios.. I was thrilled when they drafted him but he doesn't appear to have welker quickness

Edelman, Harry, Harris and Dorsett seems to be the early favourites with who we have currently available. We all have concerns at this stage but the signs are positive so far. They can't all be pro bowlers in 6 weeks but if the newbies want it bad enough then I do see enough hope....it is a cliche....but do your job goes a long way. However I do hope there is definitive news about Gordon/Thomas soon so that options are available...which I am sure have already been discussed by the coaching team...believe !

I can't access this from where I am did it contain anything new ?

On the other hand, I'm wracking my brain for examples of veteran receivers who joined the Patriots and seemed to instantly click into the offense and find rapport with Brady in TC, who then amounted to nothing. Or, come to think of it, examples of vet WRs who seemed to flail helplessly when learning the offense in camp, but who totally locked in later. When it comes to vets and this system, early signs are pretty predictive.

I can't find the article (despite spending about 2 minutes Googling), but I remember somewhere reading that the Redskins said that the only thing Harris was lacking was "health", as he was injured most of last year and then was put on IR.

However, one article that I did find quoted one of the Washington Cornerbacks as saying Harris had the best hands he had ever seen.

So: I agree he looks like a lock, if he can avoid the injury bug this year.

I can't access this from where I am did it contain anything new ?

Appearing on Dale & Keefe Friday, NFL Media's Ian Rapoport discussed Gordon's status and noted as of now he isn't in the Patriots' plans, although he noted the team would welcome him back if he is reinstated.

For the early part of the season, Harris may be more involved in the offense than Harry. In any case, we seem to have 3 receivers that click with Brady (Edelman, Dorsett and Harris) plus Harry who will have some role as he learns.

Harry, Edelman, Harris, Dorsett will be the 4 locks plus probably Meyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes