PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Peyton Manning talk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
PM is retired. Glad he is not coming here.

Manning is on the Broncos reserve/retired list. They still own his rights.

Not that I see a chance of him coming out of retirement, but the second Manning announces that he is unretiring the Broncos would have to cut him. He has a huge cap hit. Like $20 million.

I wanted to punch my monitor when i opened the thread but 5 seconds later I thought "its just two games and being able to read both broncos and colts message boards would be glorious"

Screw it, do it.

He sucks, even more than guys like Flynn and Lindley.

Not that I see a chance of him coming out of retirement, but the second Manning announces that he is unretiring the Broncos would have to cut him. He has a huge cap hit. Like $20 million.

You're right, that would be difficult to deal with. Although they are $9.5M under already, and $2.5M of their cap space is already based on dead money for Peyton's restructured bonus. He has a salary of $15M so it's not totally unfeasible for them to clear up $5M if they think they can get something for him.

You're right, that would be difficult to deal with. Although they are $9.5M under already, and $2.5M of their cap space is already based on dead money for Peyton's restructured bonus. He has a salary of $15M so it's not totally unfeasible for them to clear up $5M if they think they can get something for him.

It isn't totally unfeasible. I say there is a solid 0.000001% chance of the Broncos doing that.

Sorry, there is next no way they would or could do it.

that would be absolutely hysterical, i think all involved would do it just for the humorous part

Tangent: When a player retires, how long does his last team own his rights? Forever? Just for the next season? Something else?

Not sure where this ridiculous idea came from (not speaking towards the OP, but rather the media) but there's so many things wrong with this thinking that it'd be difficult to list them all.

I would bet that Belichick would happily take a Doug Flutie in his 50s for a game or two vs. giving any consideration to Manning, whose rights are owned by Elway and the donkeys.

I could see BB putting in some type of wildcat or run option (say, with J.E.) as a one game surprise before bringing in Manning, that is just plain silly on many levels. And with his ego P.M. would come in for as a placeholder for Brady for two games? C'mon. :rolleyes:

If he were on the Colts reserve/retire list, they would let us have him to thump Houston ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots