PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Peyton Manning talk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Manning want to come to Foxboro to be a backup for two weeks when he can make more money filming another commercial?

If Manning becomes a Patriot, someone will leak unreleased HGH info that confirms Manning's guilt. Goodell will suspend Manning 4 games.
So it's a win-win.

This is just the media grasping for more narratives and clicks. The idea that you can get someone off the street who has zero experience with the Pats O terminology and system and he would be better suited to run the offense than our QB3 who has been here through training camp is laughable.

We will sign some JAG form the BB shadow roster for Thursday (and maybe the Bills game depending on Jimmy's recovery) and that will be it.

I'd rather see some rushing/option attack...3yards and a cloud of those black granules from the super turf.
Imagine Brissett running the option with White and Blount.

Yeah, Manning is so well-known for picking up a new system quickly that an entire team had to learn his system when they signed him.

Tangent: When a player retires, how long does his last team own his rights? Forever? Just for the next season? Something else?

For the duration of the player's contract. If a player retires before his contract expires, that contract is effectively frozen and would pick up right where it left off if he returned. That is how I understand it.

She's busy getting ready for IFBB world body builders championship
After the show, she'll have a booth in the "nutrition" section

It isn't totally unfeasible. I say there is a solid 0.000001% chance of the Broncos doing that.

Sorry, there is next no way they would or could do it.

Well the acquiring team would pick up his salary obligation, and they're already paying for the $2.5M dead money, so I don't think they're losing the cap room permanently and could roll it forward into next year. It's more of a temporary loan. $5M in restructuring might be worth it for a 4th or 5th, probably not for a 7th.

But I agree, it's not likely.

Tangent: When a player retires, how long does his last team own his rights? Forever? Just for the next season? Something else?

I believe it's forever. That's probably why Peyton can't sign a one-day contract with Indy to retire as a Colt, as he's technically still under contract.

If he were on the Colts reserve/retire list, they would let us have him to thump Houston ;-)

Nah, Irsay is probably too coked-up to think about things like that.

Well the acquiring team would pick up his salary obligation, and they're already paying for the $2.5M dead money, so I don't think they're losing the cap room permanently and could roll it forward into next year. It's more of a temporary loan. $5M in restructuring might be worth it for a 4th or 5th, probably not for a 7th.

But I agree, it's not likely.

I believe it's forever. That's probably why Peyton can't sign a one-day contract with Indy to retire as a Colt, as he's technically still under contract.

Nah, Irsay is probably too coked-up to think about things like that.

What acquiring team? The Broncos aren't going to redo a bunch of contracts to free up enough cap space to put Manning on the roster to trade him for a late round pick. Manning is a vested veteran. He would immediately become a free agent when he was released.

Watch BB not sign anyone to the 53. He'd have to cut someone. Who?

Who from the Pats inactive group clears waivers?

This a real thread? Lol I liked the Matt Cassel talk more. Lol

EDIT: Oh snap, a few media guys are really saying it. Lol:eek:. NO THANK YOU!

I believe we should just treat this as the funny idea that it is, have a good chuckle on an otherwise not so great day and move on...

I would rather have a boxing match with Edward Scissorhands

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft