PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pats will go 19-0 this year if healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blah blah blah injuries part of the game blah blah Scar might retire blah blah rest of the division catching up blah blah Brady is old blah blah Cannon is fat blah blah Edelman is demented blah blah Solder is tall blah blah somebody found a roach clip in the RB room.

Doesn't matter: the OP is right. Barring events truly bizarre, nobody's gonna beat 'em. Call me a homer fanboy. Blah blah.

I think the Pats were genuinely hated by other teams in 2007 for mostly one reason which I think could have been avoided...and that did not help with how other teams looked at them and they started getting that little bit "extra" from their competition every week.

I believe they learned their lesson and that won't happen this time.

The pats should be favored in every game this year as they are the deepest team by a fair margin. That doesn't mean they won't have a clunker like the first Buffulo game or an off day against a quality team like Seattle. That said I do see 13-3 as the floor which is remarkable with 19-0 Certainly possible though unlikely.

I think the problem 2007 ran into is they weren't just winning they were blowing people out 50-10. It was the first time undefeated was on the table and it fired up everyone's imagination. It was a 24/7 news story and that has to be tiring. This team is far more rounded and I would bet the average score will be 34-13 but week in and week out versus a month of annihilation. I think that will lead to people not making as huge a deal of it. Winning is fine. Embarrasing teams is not

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Well I can go more into why I think it will happen. It is not just they are better than the other teams. Here are my reasons besides just the talent and coaching edge.

The first few games are where you are most likely to steal a win from the Pats. Not this time. I will be talking about the mental side not X's and O's cause the mental side if the Pats lose is why they lose (just not being ready or making way too many mistakes)

The Game 1 is KC at home. Most of this team still remembers the 2014 ass kicking they got from them and knows this is a playoff team very possibly. I doubt the Pats come out not ready to go or are caught sleeping for this one. W

Game 2 @ NO. This is one of the most dangerous games on the schedule. New Orleans is hard to beat at home and the Pats notoriously use the first few games to figure things out as an extended preseason. This is a good I could see the D not completely up to speed and getting beat by a very good O. However the Pats have an ace her mentally in Brandon Cooks. As one of their new stars and a guy Brady will love they will be able to get emotionally up for this game enough for it not to be a trap game.

Game 3 @ Carolina. This is a game you could see the Pats losing except for one thing. The last time they played them they lost. Brady, Hightower, Gronk and all those guys remember it and are still pissed as is BB. They will have fire to get up for this one.

Game 4 @ Tampa. The Pats are just better than this team imo by too much and though they really have no reason to not mentally slip up this game I don't see how the Bucs beat the Pats when all they have to do is stop 1 thing (Evans). They are a bit too simple to upset the pats and lack the D needed to stop this O.

These are some of the most dangerous games on the schedule but I don't see the Pats losing any for the reason listed above, This means to me a trap lose is not happening likely which means someone needs to beat them. I don't think it happens.

I think the Pats were genuinely hated by other teams in 2007 for mostly one reason which I think could have been avoided...and that did not help with how other teams looked at them and they started getting that little bit "extra" from their competition every week.

I believe they learned their lesson and that won't happen this time.
ANY time you've got a team that has a 0 in the loss column its opposition will give a little extra.

ANY time you've got a team that has a 0 in the loss column its opposition will give a little extra.

Very true but in this case it was that and other things and I think you know what I'm referring to. It was unnecessary IMO and that will not happen again this year.

I have my doubts that the 31 is done with us just yet.

That's why the LeVeon Bell injury in the AFCCG talk was so annoying... The Steelers didn't have Bell! If only they had Bell it would have been a totally different game! OMG Bell was really injured!

Not once did they mention Gronk being out for the Pats

Almost nobody sympathizes with Goliath.

We havent even made it through Mini camp people

The pats should be favored in every game this year as they are the deepest team by a fair margin. That doesn't mean they won't have a clunker like the first Buffulo game or an off day against a quality team like Seattle. That said I do see 13-3 as the floor which is remarkable with 19-0 Certainly possible though unlikely.

I think the problem 2007 ran into is they weren't just winning they were blowing people out 50-10. It was the first time undefeated was on the table and it fired up everyone's imagination. It was a 24/7 news story and that has to be tiring. This team is far more rounded and I would bet the average score will be 34-13 but week in and week out versus a month of annihilation. I think that will lead to people not making as huge a deal of it. Winning is fine. Embarrasing teams is not
Embarrassing teams is fine, and it had nothing to do with it.

Blah blah blah injuries part of the game blah blah Scar might retire blah blah rest of the division catching up blah blah Brady is old blah blah Cannon is fat blah blah Edelman is demented blah blah Solder is tall blah blah somebody found a roach clip in the RB room.

Doesn't matter: the OP is right. Barring events truly bizarre, nobody's gonna beat 'em. Call me a homer fanboy. Blah blah.
>>Barring events truly bizarre, nobody's gonna beat 'em.

Um.. no. It will not take a "bizarre" event for them to lose. Maybe a very logical thing could happen, like injuries (2015) or just a bad game or 2 (2014 and 2016)

But to say you need something truly bizarre to happen for them to lose is silly. They are not the X-Men or something. They could lose a road game or two. 13-3 is an elite season, even for a team this jacked. 14-2 is an outstanding season for this team even as stacked as they are it would be an amazing accomplishment to again win 13 or 14.

I might feel 1% more excited after winning a Super Bowl at 19-0 than I would at winning a Super Bowl at 18-1 or 17-2 or 16-3 or 15-4, etc.

That 1% more joy isn't worth devoting a whole lot of time, thought, and emotion into that somewhat remote possibility.

Nice to have, but it is less than the "extra" of having sprinkles on the ice cream cone. It is the extra sprinkle with the sprinkles that are already on the ice cream cone.

sorry... my bad....

It is the extra JIMMIE with the JIMMIES that are already on the ice cream cone.
:)
My feeling on the whole undefeated thing is that it should be any teams goal to win every game they are playing in. HFA is critical, but even more is the single elimination in the playoffs. And the best practice for "not losing at all" (which you need to do in the playoffs) is to never lose. We went 17-2 ;last year. Pretty darn good.

13-3 is an elite season, even for a team this jacked. 14-2 is an outstanding season for this team even as stacked as they are it would be an amazing accomplishment to again win 13 or 14.

Apropos of that, there are only three teams in NFL history to go 14-2 or better in two consecutive years (and no one has done it more than two consecutive years):
1) 1985 & 86 Bears
2) 1989 & 90 49ers
3) 2003 & 04 Patriots

That's it.

14-2 is my prediction. I think we will drop a division game and either the game @ Mile High or the Mexico game.

There are still some question marks on defense for me. I get it's a touchy topic for a lot of people, but for me the defense wasn't as good as its numbers. Most of the time teams seemed to move the ball too easily, which Belichick agreed with too even before the Seahawks game. The Pats did their best to address the areas of need, but in terms of the pass rush it's not a given that Trey Flowers continues to improve and build on his success. Kony Ealy has potential but there has to be a reason Carolina gave him up for peanuts too. Rivers is a rookie.

Gilmore's knock is consistency- he's very good but it's not like he's prime Revis. Also, he or Butler are replacing Logan Ryan, who had a rough start but wasn't chopped liver. So it's not like overall secondary play was awful last season.

Run defense should be just as good or better with Roberts and Van Noy having a season under their belts.

There are still some question marks on defense for me. I get it's a touchy topic for a lot of people, but for me the defense wasn't as good as its numbers. Most of the time teams seemed to move the ball too easily, which Belichick agreed with too even before the Seahawks game. The Pats did their best to address the areas of need, but in terms of the pass rush it's not a given that Trey Flowers continues to improve and build on his success. Kony Ealy has potential but there has to be a reason Carolina gave him up for peanuts too. Rivers is a rookie.

Gilmore's knock is consistency- he's very good but it's not like he's prime Revis. Also, he or Butler are replacing Logan Ryan, who had a rough start but wasn't chopped liver. So it's not like overall secondary play was awful last season.

Run defense should be just as good or better with Roberts and Van Noy having a season under their belts.
Pats D was awesome last season

At this point..

I'd rather someone with a crystal ball tell me that the Patriots will be fully healthy entering the playoffs vs. the Pats will be 16-0.

??Barring events truly bizarre, nobody's gonna beat 'em.

false and not debatable. would not require something "bizarre" not at all. Silly.

At this point..

I'd rather someone with a crystal ball tell me that the Patriots will be fully healthy entering the playoffs vs. the Pats will be 16-0.
I agree if they have HFA... 16-0 would mean HFA so, if the crystal ball was just telling you about the regular season, and all you know about the non-16-0 regular season is they make the playoffs healthy.. I would pick the 16-0.

I agree if they have HFA... 16-0 would mean HFA so, if the crystal ball was just telling you about the regular season, and all you know about the non-16-0 regular season is they make the playoffs healthy.. I would pick the 16-0.
Well if all you know about the 16-0 season is that they got home field advantage, who says that they don't enter the postseason with Brady, Hightower, Butler, and others being out for the playoffs with injuries.. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News