PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots Defense ~ A Return To Dominance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to predict a lot of this "return to dominance" talk subsides after the game against the Ravens. I'll be happy if it's true but I think there are still a lot of things that can be exploited on this defense.... hope I'm wrong.

I hope he becomes a better Safety than he currently is a punt-protector. :mad:

2 FGs, 2 TDs: one of the TDs was, as you said, on Ebner and not the defense;
the other TD, unfortunately, was on them - especially that awful 60-yd play that should never have been - :mad:
and on Ninko & the DB who missed the tackle & Gregory's PF penalty in particular. :mad:

Ninko absolutely sux at wrapping-up. :mad: He flew right off Kolb; inexcusable. :mad:

It was indeed Arrington, who at least didn't give up on the play.
And after further re-watching, Love also should have buried Kolb in the backfield. :mad:

You can always count on Stoney's PostCount to spike, following a Loss!!
jester.gif

I'm going to predict a lot of this "return to dominance" talk subsides after the game against the Ravens. I'll be happy if it's true but I think there are still a lot of things that can be exploited on this defense.... hope I'm wrong.

You need to check the date on the OP, my friend.

This Thread was started before the season began. :cool:

This Defense will return to Dominance.

Resistance Is Futile!!

7-of-9.jpg

You can always count on Stoney's PostCount to spike, following a Loss!!
jester.gif

Then get ready for this week, following what will be the most embarassing loss of the Bill & Tom era
...since the PO loss to the Murderers (again) in '09.

Then get ready for this week, following what will be the most embarassing loss of the Bill & Tom era
...since the PO loss to the Murderers (again) in '09.

We'll see. But generally, all you do with these boring negative predictions is make yourself look foolish, and like a troll masquerading as a fan. You're entitled to an opinion, and you don't have to feel optimistic going into the game, but you obviously take delight in being unnecessarily negative.

The Pats may lose to Baltimore. They might even lose badly, though I doubt it. But gloom and doom pronouncements serve no constructive purpose, and just further erode any little credibility you might have.

We'll see who has credibility after tonight, won't we?

We'll see who has credibility after tonight, won't we?

Not really. I'm personally making no prediction, other than that the outcome of this game won't determine the outcome of this season. As I said, you're entitled to an opinion, and you're by no means required to be drinking kool aid. But I personally get the sense that you will be happier if the team loses than if they win, and I find that a bit disturbing.

God love ya, Stoney, but you're like the guys who predicted a Stock Market Crash every week from the Autumn of 1987 to the Spring of 2000 ~ while the NadsDaq soared from about 320 or so to 5132, an increase of about 1500%!!! ~ and then, when it finally did Crash, 13 years later, after producing thousands of millionaires, mind you, yelled "Ah HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! TOLD you!!"
icon_twisted.gif

It's clear to everyone that you've spent the entire last 11 years in abject misery, waiting to be proven right.

Jump aboard, Stoney.

Enjoy the Ride.

We may never see a Dynasty of this astonishing caliber again.

Indeed, it's not certain that anyone will.

The Patriots Defense ~ Has some Grit, but Overall Grade between C+ and B-.

The dominant defense gave up another game winning drive to the opposing team.
Formula, throw enough deep balls and you'll catch one of the cornerbacks with pass interference.

The Patriots Defense ~ Has some Grit, but Overall Grade between C+ and B-.
Dude, get a grip. The defense was absolutely brutal tonight. That's your defense...awful. This was their first real test and they got totally smoked...500 yards...31 points...ugh!

This defense is not particularly good (to be very generous) primarily because our secondary flat out SUCKS! Yes sometimes the lack of pressure is responsible but dear god it is painful to watch.

McCourty was a train wreck yet again, and I can't believe people think this guy is improving. He is a far cry away from the type of season he pulled out of nowhere as a rookie.

I am sure you will get it's not the defense's fault people, they have been saying that since the 2007 superbowl..Fact is the defense has cost this team 3 superbowls including the collapse in INDY...

Chandler Jones was invisible today. Having no pressure really killed us today.

Something definitely was amiss up front. Everyone expected a long day for the Ravens O-line.

There was a lot of holding, but more importantly we barely tried to blitz them. It shows Belichick knows how badly his secondary sucks.

Pats defense looks to be on it's way to another below average season with another year of Brady wasted. One day he'll be gone and we'll be saddled with another Hugh Millen and we'll look back at all the years we were so close to championships but for a lousy defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft