PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots and Rocky Balboa...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PYPER

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
2005 is but one chapter in a far greater story. It's the story of the New England Patriots and their undying pursuit of greatness. It's a story of sacrifice. It's a story of passion. It's a story about a group of men banding together and proving that anything is possible.

Ladies and gentlemen, the story of the New England Patriots is the football version of Rocky.

It began when a football team came out of nowhere and knocked out a team, the Rams, many were beginning to mention as one of the best ever. The Rams were flashy. They had style. They had glitze. They were the Greatest Show on Turf. The Rams, ladies & gents, were Apollo Creed.

In 2003 - 2004 the Patriots became more than just some dude off the street who got lucky in one fight, in '03-'04 the Patriots became true Champions. By that I mean, they earned their respect. It became clear to all that they were indeed something special.

Then on Halloween in '04, riding high on a 21 game winning streak the Patriots met Clubber Lang. Clubber came dressed in black-n-gold and he brought "the eye of the tiger". He knocked our ***e$ all over the ring. He trained and trained for that fight. Physically and mentally he had us beat before we even entered the ring. We never even saw him coming.

But like any great Champion, that defeat inspired and refocused the Patriots to come back stronger. When they got their rematch a few months later it was the Patriots that possessed the eye of the tiger and Clubber Lang who fell to the matt defeated.

In 2005 (interestingly enough, 20 years after Rocky IV), a new threat has emerged. In the Rocky saga the character was Ivan Drago, the invincible Soviet fighting machine who had essentially been bred to become champion. In today's NFL, that character is the Indianapolis Colts and Peyton Manning.

So that's the story. The Patriots are Rocky Balboa. They may or may not be history's greatest team. But with another Super Bowl Championship, there can be little doubt that they're history's greatest champion.

And that folks, is why we should all be rooting for San Diego to make the playoffs and come to Foxboro as the 5th seed. Rocky wouldn't be Rocky if he wasn't willing to take on all comers.

So bring on the best the NFL has to offer. Bring on the Chargers! Bring on the Colts! Bring on the Broncos!

WE'RE THE PATRIOTS AND ALL WE DO IS WIN SUPERBOWLS!!!

Last edited:
Peyton "I WILL CRUSH YOU"
Patriots "Let's see who's standing at the end".

scott99 said:
Peyton "I WILL CRUSH YOU"
Patriots "Let's see who's standing at the end".

Peyton: "They're not human...They're machines"

Rocky IV

Last year, before the Colts playoff game, the media and my buddies were saying the Pats couldn't win. This is just like what Adrian was telling Rocky before he went to Russia to avenge Appollo's death. "You CAN'T WIn!"

I have that same feeling all season this year. The playoffs don't start in October !!!!!!

Last year's AFCCG:

Clubber (Steelers): "I'm going to bust you up"

Rocky (Pats): "Go for it"

EZ76

My prediction? Pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes