PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The origin of Pat Patriot

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriots remind me of a young orphan whose adoptive father corroborated local and national media diatribes about how his natural parents were abusive and abandoned him. Later, after he becomes hugely successful and is victimized by false media propaganda himself, he realizes the lies told about his background were based on utter ignorance, hatred and contempt. Besides being totally pissed off at the cowardly, lying adoptive father, he is grateful to know he has a large, extended loving family with a rich history, many of whom are still around, that is loyal to him, win or lose.
th

Does Bissell still work on his art? It would be AWESOME if the Patriots could commission him to produce 8 pictures for next season's programme covers (he'd have a few months to work on them)? Those 60s programmes looked fantastic.

They'd sell out, I reckon.

The Patriots remind me of a young orphan whose adoptive father corroborated local and national media diatribes about how his natural parents were abusive and abandoned him. Later, after he becomes hugely successful and is victimized by false media propaganda himself, he realizes the lies told about his background were based on utter ignorance, hatred and contempt. Besides being totally pissed off at the cowardly, lying adoptive father, he is grateful to know he has a large, extended loving family with a rich history, many of whom are still around, that is loyal to him, win or lose.
th
You have serious issues.

BTW (I've written here about it a few years back), my dad was friends with Phil Bissell back in the 50's and 60's. In 1965, Mr. Bissell actually created my birth announcement, complete with characatures of my dad and mom and our house in Newton. It was a great, humorous and warm card and a real keepsake. My dad lost touch with Mr. Bissell in the late 60's when my dad left journalism for another career, but has nothing but nice memories of a very good natured person....VERY good natured, because if I were him, I'd be quite irked that the Sullivans and successors stiffed me on royalties for a logo that has been merchandised for millions over the past 50+ years!

i exchanged mails with him Mr Phil Bissell some years ago after i bought his book

a very very nice person

i could not miss the opportunity to have a contact with the men created the reason why i became a Patriot fan (Pat Patriot logo and red uniforms beginning '80)

Last edited:
Either that, or victimized by wanting to make badges, decals and t-shirts cheaper.
Well, well, well, well, well, well, well.

Just caught HBO Fake, I mean Real Sports interview with Kraft. It's how I'd suspected, or surmised, some time ago. Kraft hates and resents the original ownership. He's been driven for it to be "better, better, better". Understandable.

Points: like LOTS of others, he looked around and said This is no way to run a professional franchise. Yup. How exactly does he compare having those treasured memories of everybody striding through the gate, even with not enough paid tickets, to see the game, to: having no team at all. And, still being surrounded locally by Giants fans.

In his hell-bent determination to be superior to the past, he anoints Who Said So? to be a G.O.A.T. in '01 (the guy is maybe the 7th best QB in team history, maybe), and starts every speech (like the SB rally) with "Since 1994 blah blah blah blah..." despite the fact that pre-Brady the flying elvis/Said So had a losing record in both regular and post-season. Nothing wrong per se with tooting his own horn for his ownership.

Lots of people hated Billy Sullivan, and largely, for good reason.

That does not change the fact that I would happily still take the congested drive down Route 1, sit on frozen aluminum seats and drink cheap beer TODAY rather than accept a private jet down to the Meadowlands and a luxury suite and $250 spending cash to watch the Giants...because they s u c k. That's why I've always h a t e d them. And LIKED, or really, loved, the Patriots.

So I GET IT. The Patriots are an entertainment product.

Except that there are people involved here. Players, coaches, trainers, staff, cheerleaders, family, and fans. Tom Brady is just as much a person as Darryl Stingley. And fans are not mindless morons. Mr. Sullivan at least, got that.

Let's see if Bob Kraft can get it, too.

The mindless, stupid false blathering about "the last two years" What? The TOTAL acceptance and acquiescence to CameraLocationGate SPAWNED DefameGate. "Envy and Jealousy" have NOTHING to do with the hatred and denigration of the team since a dozen years before he ever bought the property. GOD! Where was all that "envy and jealousy" of oh, the Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, 49ers etc.? This and his insane worship of online voting have got to have a mirror held up to him.

Well, well, well, well, well, well, well.

Just caught HBO Fake, I mean Real Sports interview with Kraft. It's how I'd suspected, or surmised, some time ago. Kraft hates and resents the original ownership. He's been driven for it to be "better, better, better". Understandable.

Points: like LOTS of others, he looked around and said This is no way to run a professional franchise. Yup. How exactly does he compare having those treasured memories of everybody striding through the gate, even with not enough paid tickets, to see the game, to: having no team at all. And, still being surrounded locally by Giants fans.

In his hell-bent determination to be superior to the past, he anoints Who Said So? to be a G.O.A.T. in '01 (the guy is maybe the 7th best QB in team history, maybe), and starts every speech (like the SB rally) with "Since 1994 blah blah blah blah..." despite the fact that pre-Brady the flying elvis/Said So had a losing record in both regular and post-season. Nothing wrong per se with tooting his own horn for his ownership.

Lots of people hated Billy Sullivan, and largely, for good reason.

That does not change the fact that I would happily still take the congested drive down Route 1, sit on frozen aluminum seats and drink cheap beer TODAY rather than accept a private jet down to the Meadowlands and a luxury suite and $250 spending cash to watch the Giants...because they s u c k. That's why I've always h a t e d them. And LIKED, or really, loved, the Patriots.

So I GET IT. The Patriots are an entertainment product.

Except that there are people involved here. Players, coaches, trainers, staff, cheerleaders, family, and fans. Tom Brady is just as much a person as Darryl Stingley. And fans are not mindless morons. Mr. Sullivan at least, got that.

Let's see if Bob Kraft can get it, too.

The mindless, stupid false blathering about "the last two years" What? The TOTAL acceptance and acquiescence to CameraLocationGate SPAWNED DefameGate. "Envy and Jealousy" have NOTHING to do with the hatred and denigration of the team since a dozen years before he ever bought the property. GOD! Where was all that "envy and jealousy" of oh, the Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, 49ers etc.? This and his insane worship of online voting have got to have a mirror held up to him.
Get help man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back