PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official post-MNF HAWT TAEKS thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He deserves partial blame because you shouldn't have Cooks running a deep post on 3rd and short or Hogan running a 9-route on another makeable 3rd down.

I agree that some of the route concepts that got called were.. lets call it sub-optimal. Or garbage.

I said last night that La Canfora's Tweet might have some truth to it. Those deep balls were badly underthrown and the second one that got picked by Howard had a ton of air under it when one with less air could have went the distance. That's usually related to mechanical changes and could be due to Brady having to compensate for pain in his Achilles. Time will tell, but he's definitely going through a bad stretch right now. The hawt taeks saying he's done and this is some sign of things to come throughout the rest of the season are utterly ridiculous, though.

The irony here is that while most of the hawt taeks are garbage it is true that it will take longer for a 40 year old to recover from an injury. So if we assume that the injury might be bothering him then on some level it is true that the age is showing. Except on a totally different level than the media bozos on Twitter are arguing.

The irony here is that while most of the hawt taeks are garbage it is true that it will take longer for a 40 year old to recover from an injury. So if we assume that the injury might be bothering him then on some level it is true that the age is showing. Except on a totally different level than the media bozos on Twitter are arguing.

Yep. And if it IS truly bothering him that badly, if I'm a DC, I'm playing the Patriots pretty much like teams did in 2010-2011. Cover-1 Robber and single high safety looks, choke off everything in the middle of the field, and keep doing it until he proves that he can beat you deep.

Here's a hot take. Cooks doesn't have the skill set to be a full time receiver. He's to small to cross over a dbs face on a slant. He's not strong enough or tough enough to go over the middle. Only a matter of time until Cooks is just in the receiver rotation as just the "deep guy." He is completely innefective in the red zone. Too small and his routes are not good.

I said last night that La Canfora's Tweet might have some truth to it. Those deep balls were badly underthrown and the second one that got picked by Howard had a ton of air under it when one with less air could have went the distance. That's usually related to mechanical changes and could be due to Brady having to compensate for pain in his Achilles. Time will tell, but he's definitely going through a bad stretch right now. The hawt taeks saying he's done and this is some sign of things to come throughout the rest of the season are utterly ridiculous, though.

They need the bye badly.

Yep. And if it IS truly bothering him that badly, if I'm a DC, I'm playing the Patriots pretty much like teams did in 2010-2011. Cover-1 Robber and single high safety looks, choke off everything in the middle of the field, and keep doing it until he proves that he can beat you deep.

I think this only worked for Miami because of a combination of things coming together. Fleming being the RT and Thuney having an unexpected meltdown in the last two weeks + Gronk missing. This means you had to keep at least another player around the OL solely to help in pass protection. This in turn meant that we couldnt have had another player (e.g. Dorsett) buzzing down deep routes on the other side of the field to challenge the Miami DBs more.

With Gronk back this could already look considerably better because he can do both. And then when Cannon (or Waddle) returns things become even easier and more of the playbook should open up.

I see Brady getting grief on social media for not being seen shaking hands with Cutler. I know most times when people say this he actually did it it just wasn’t seen on TV. Does anyone know for sure if he did?

Nick Wright? Lol, this dude looks like a lab rat. He must be married to a sex doll.

I think this only worked for Miami because of a combination of things coming together. Fleming being the RT and Thuney having an unexpected meltdown in the last two weeks + Gronk missing. This means you had to keep at least another player around the OL solely to help in pass protection. This in turn meant that we couldnt have had another player (e.g. Dorsett) buzzing down deep routes on the other side of the field to challenge the Miami DBs more.

With Gronk back this could already look considerably better because he can do both. And then when Cannon (or Waddle) returns things become even easier and more of the playbook should open up.

I should make what I'm saying clearer: if the league truly believes that Brady's Achilles is really bothering him that badly, the defensive game plan that makes the most sense is to bait him and/or force him into deep balls - speed on the outside be damned. If the Achilles is bothering him that badly, it won't matter who he has, the ball will float on him. Of course, you could also get killed that way if the Achilles isn't as bad as what is being let on. But that's the chance you take. If it is, you've got the Patriots absolutely dead in the water.

They said the exact same thing after the Kansas City game - 3 years ago. People are morons to think a player will hit "the wall" in 7 days time*

*Exception: Peyton Manning, who hit "the wall" pretty darn hard once the NFL started testing for HGH

I see Brady getting grief on social media for not being seen shaking hands with Cutler. I know most times when people say this he actually did it it just wasn’t seen on TV. Does anyone know for sure if he did?
Unless there is a beef I think thats fake news.

Here is a pic from 2014

download.jpeg

It appeared to me we had to much respect and fear for their pass rush. Maybe it was because Brady is banged up maybe not. Brady had happy feet early and there was a clear design to get the ball out ultra quick. I thought the game plan was piss poor and loss of van noy and flowers really hurt us. Cutler looked like he was working a 7 on 7 drill.

Here's a hot take. Cooks doesn't have the skill set to be a full time receiver. He's to small to cross over a dbs face on a slant. He's not strong enough or tough enough to go over the middle. Only a matter of time until Cooks is just in the receiver rotation as just the "deep guy." He is completely innefective in the red zone. Too small and his routes are not good.
Horrible post.

54 games 268 catches 3700 yards 25 TDs.

Part timer?

He didn’t want him to get sick.

Wife is wicked pissed that Tom had his annual stinker game on her birthday.
Somewhat of a team, including coaching loss led by Tom throwing too low too quick and assuming Cooks can fight 2 defenders for an under thrown deep ball. The 1st pick was the worst one.

Love knee jerk reactions. Remember when KC was the best team in football after five weeks?

Look, NE played poorly and MIA did what you have to do to beat NE. However, NE came in with a severely depleted D and the O was missing TWO players that completely change things - Edelman and Gronk. We'll get 1/2 of that duo back for the most crucial game on the schedule to this point. We'll see what they look like on Sunday.

The one super critical thing I will say, with all that other stuff said, is you're not winning many games going 0-11 on third down, especially when a few of them were short distance.

Last edited:
The entire team played like crap. Brady played poorly, no doubt. Gronk, of course, was absent. The defense missed tackles all night long. They turned it over twice and got zero turnovers in return. They had 2 yards of offense in the first quarter. They failed on 3rd down conversions at a rate not seen in decades. I couldn't imagine them playing a worse game.

And yet they still lost by only 7 on the road against a divisional opponent.

The entire team played like crap. Brady played poorly, no doubt. Gronk, of course, was absent. The defense missed tackles all night long. They turned it over twice and got zero turnovers in return. They had 2 yards of offense in the first quarter. They failed on 3rd down conversions at a rate not seen in decades. I couldn't imagine them playing a worse game.

And yet they still lost by only 7 on the road against a divisional opponent.

Yeah you could see the lack of effort early on. They looked completely disinterested while this was quite clearly Miami's Super Bowl. Harmon even said something similar when he explained his sideline speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes