Not open for further replies.

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
They're coming in left and right so I figured we might as well devote a thread to them to keep them earmarked. Feel free to quote posts from the GDT from this forum as well. I'll get the ball rolling with Nick Wright on "First Things First" on FS1 (who sadly appear as the weeks go on that they're beginning to go the ESPN "shock them so they watch" route)...

Keep piling on Tom
He will light everything up Marcus Cannon not being there for the pass rush and Thuney doing his best turnstyle inpersonation is the reason Brady didn't look like Brady.
Well alot was in play including McDaniels being out coached by Burke.
I didn't understand the offensive game plan at all

Keep piling on Tom
He will light everything up Marcus Cannon not being there for the pass rush and Thuney doing his best turnstyle inpersonation is the reason Brady didn't look like Brady.
Well alot was in play including McDaniels being out coached by Burke.
I didn't understand the offensive game plan at all

This was an uncharacteristically badly coached game by McDaniels. That's not a hawt taek, though.

what is that makes the Patriots go into Miami and have these ****ed up offensive game plans - who can forget the "pound the rock with Stephen Jackson 10 straight times" first half then "heave up bombs into triple coverage" second half of 2015....couple that with "pass only to running backs and Dwayne Allen" first half and I think McDaniels really tries to be the smartest kid in class every time in Miami...

Certain defenses have this effect on the McDaniels and Brady - we this this type of offense, whether due to a great defense, offensive injuries, or a combination of both. The offense looked like this vs Houston in the playoffs last year, but Edelman and Hogan actually caught a couple of Brady heaves into double coverage, and they got a Lewis KR TD. They looked like this every time they played in Denver until this season, and they looked like this many times vs Rex Ryan's NYJ...

Hopefully they get healthy and figure this schitt out, because if not it could be a wild card home date vs Baltimore and we'll hear about 2009 all week...

This was a terribly coached game by McDaniels. It was 3rd and 4 (IIRC) at one point and Brady uncorked one to Cooks on a deep post.

I totally agree that the overall gameplan was a debacle as evidenced by starting a couple of drives with pony formations that went nowhere and then disappeared entirely from the menu. It was one of those weeks where they must have been building on a totally flawed premise because there was literally nothing they could get going without a flag stabilizing them.

That being said it wasnt Josh that made Brady bizzarely focus on Cooks vs. Howard. Or make him throw early on multiple occasions to Cooks, Allen and Dola. There is plenty blame to go around between the coaching staff, the players and Brady for the entire performance.

Last edited:
LOL.... I sure hope this is KC 2014 all over again....

We're onto to Pittsburgh.... Gronk is back, hopefully we get a few key players on defense back as well, and end up doing to Pitsburgh the same thing we did to Cinci.

I think he's dealing with a thing

he had some serious dark rings around his eyes last nite

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
what is that makes the Patriots go into Miami and have these ****ed up offensive game plans - who can forget the "pound the rock with Stephen Jackson 10 straight times" first half then "heave up bombs into triple coverage" second half of 2015....couple that with "pass only to running backs and Dwayne Allen" first half and I think McDaniels really tries to be the smartest kid in class every time in Miami...

You had a hawt taek in the game thread last night...

Official Game Day Thread - Week 14 Pats @ Dolphins

I totally agree that the overall gameplan was a debacle as evidenced by starting a couple of drives with pony formations that went nowhere and then disappeared entirely from the menu. It was one of those weeks where they must have been building on a totally flawed premise because there was literally nothing they could get going without a flag stabilizing them.

That being said it wasnt Josh that made Brady focusing on Cooks vs. Howard. Or make him throw early on multiple occasions to Cooks, Allen and Dola. There is plenty blame to go around between the coaching staff, the players and Brady for the entire performance.

I actually went back and edited that because, looking back, it's unfair to blame that play on McDaniels. And that's what it looked like I was doing in that post. He deserves partial blame because you shouldn't have Cooks running a deep post on 3rd and short or Hogan running a 9-route on another makeable 3rd down. But, in the end, some blame also goes to Brady for locking on to those routes and underthrowing them as well.

who Brady? Didn't notice. Implying he was dealing with an illness?

Lewis was sick as well. That might explain his lighter load.

I noticed this too. He didn't look healthy and his facial skin more pale imo. Stood out to me for sure.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
Hot takes aside i'm concerned he's missing practices and clearly banged up right now the concern isn't he is done but it could potentially be a problem for the rest of this season, you would be foolish to not be slightly concerned about Brady missing practices every week for 3-4 week.

This banged up team/QB badly need a bye week and you risk losing that to Jacksonville if you lose on Sunday.

Hot takes aside i'm concerned he's missing practices and clearly banged up right now the concern isn't he is done but it could potentially be a problem for the rest of this season, you would be foolish to not be slightly concerned about Brady missing practices every week for 3-4 week.

This banged up team/QB badly need a bye week and you risk losing that to Jacksonville if you lose on Sunday.

I said last night that La Canfora's Tweet might have some truth to it. Those deep balls were badly underthrown and the second one that got picked by Howard had a ton of air under it when one with less air could have went the distance. That's usually related to mechanical changes and could be due to Brady having to compensate for pain in his Achilles. Time will tell, but he's definitely going through a bad stretch right now. The hawt taeks saying he's done and this is some sign of things to come throughout the rest of the season are utterly ridiculous, though.

How ironic.. a hawt taek thread turns into a rational analysis thread.. we should try this experiment more often.

You're welcome. ;)

Reactions: PP2
Forgot about Cannon being out. Combine that with A suspended Gronk, Flowers, Van Noy and that is a lot to overcome on top of the season enders they've had already.

Brady was off for sure but gonna give the Miami defense a lot of credit for that. Without Gronk blocking and roaming the middle the defense had no respect and tee'd off and their db's played very well.

We all know this toon. They will bounce back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back