PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OFFICIAL Pats vs. Eagles Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't read through this thread or post game articles so this may have been pointed out already, but, when was the last time Brady only completed passes to 4 different receivers in a game?

Not complaining at all, Tom played a near flawless game, just stuck out to me as a statistical oddity.

The entire 09 season but instead of 4 receivers it was 2.

I knew it SHOULD be called that way WITHOUT SEEING REPLAY. (so I wasnt too concerned) But what the refs would actually call when reviewed was a bit of a tossup. So in that regard BB is gutsy.

I thought it was a good statement from BB that EVEN 6 YARDS IS IMPORTANT TO ME. I think that sent a message to both teams.

Yes. Just that!

Good win, but I'm still not sold on this team. This isn't a better defense then when we got embarrassed by the Steelers/Giants. Game shoulda been a lot closer if it wasn't for Youngs inability to hit wide open receivers or Jackson dropping passes.

I'm encouraged by our offense's ability to go for the kill with that last TD drive even when we were already up a few touchdowns. Everyone seems to be focused at the task at hand.

Our defense doesn't look pretty, but is getting the job done. I'm still wary about how it will look against a competent offense, but we're not going to see that until the playoffs.

I'm encouraged by our offense's ability to go for the kill with that last TD drive even when we were already up a few touchdowns. Everyone seems to be focused at the task at hand.

Our defense doesn't look pretty, but is getting the job done. I'm still wary about how it will look against a competent offense, but we're not going to see that until the playoffs.

I was most encouraged by the offense's ability to help the defense early on. It seems like forever since I've seen the offense come up with a time consuming drive to give the defense some time to gather themselves after getting knocked around. Once the defense started to roll the offense picked up the pace and went for the throat. Great complimentary football!

3. Dierdorf - the worst announcer of all the ones we've had broadcasting our games this year by a quantum level. Please retire. Or just have someone take him to that cornfield in Goodfellas and give him the respect he deserves. What an azzclown. "The defense is #10 in scoring because the offense is so efficient". Say what? In what world does that make any sense whatsoever?

I did think that was the stupidest comment of the day. I prefer the red zone efficiency statistic (which, of course, they didn't show and I've haven't seen on TV this year when discussing the Patriots defense) as a possible reason.

This is as good a place as any to thank the ******s who gave up on them for their posts in the game thread, that was comic gold reading material, especially the post about their "anemic offense, as always," and the one that declared it over at 7-0.

Another Sunday and another day to rant on the refs.

after 30 years of watching football I learn now that

- hitting a punt receiver after he calls fair catch is ok

- dbs are not even entitled to the space they are standing in if a wr wants to go there.

- pushing off by a wr is defensive holding

and several other first quarter wtfs? that I flat out can t remember anymore.

On an Eagle sack in the 1st qtr there was a helmet to helmet on Brady that wasn't called so things evened out.

That being said, the Pats were the benefactors of a missed Facemask call that should have been called on Ninkovich..

We all know that there's stuff that gets missed on both sides every game. Such as this holding by Wendell (you can clearly see he has a handful of Jenkins' jersey):

5az_bor_rou_sha.jpg

Last edited:
We all know that there's stuff that gets missed on both sides every game. Such as this holding by Wendell (you can clearly see he has a handful of Jenkins' jersey):
That kind of holding in which the OL keeps the DL in front of him while grabbing jersey *never* gets called. If the DL spun away or starts to get around him and Wendell still holds the jersey, out comes the flag.

Regards,
Chris

A couple observations:

We got plenty of Vereen and Ridley, and they far underperformed compared to BJGE and Woody. There has been call to see more of the rookies, and we got to see them in the same game as the front line players, and the vets looked much better in comparison.

Tiquan over Price? Do we need to see much more to understand where Price is? Hopes were high for Price, Cunningham, and a couple others during the offseason. I think the message on those guys is getting received. Tiquan looked pretty much like what we remembered from preseason. Good speed, good routes, bad hands.

Donald Thomas lined up at FB on the last TD score, and cleared a huge path. I had not noticed him before, but on that one play he looked great. The RB turned around and shook his hand.

Mark Anderson looked pretty good against the run. He had a pretty powerful tackle of the running back while setting the edge. Anything he gives up vs. the run in comparison to Ellis or Deaderick is more than made up for in what he offers vs. the pass. I think we'll continue to see more of him earlier in games.

On a late drive, Young hit the tight end, who ran down the left sideline toward the endzone. Just in camera was an ambling Sergio Brown jogging into the area. If Brown had run, he would have put a hit on the tight end around the five. He basically watched the corner try to pull the ball-carrier down. I was shocked at his lack of energy.

I don't know what the magic behind this bend-but-don't-break approach is, but it's working again. The Patriots are giving up 400 yards passing to back-ups, just like the beginning of the season, and are winning big, just like the beginning of the season. Add Vick and Maclin, however, and it might have been different.

Good win, but I'm still not sold on this team. This isn't a better defense then when we got embarrassed by the Steelers/Giants. Game shoulda been a lot closer if it wasn't for Youngs inability to hit wide open receivers or Jackson dropping passes.

I think it's definitely an improving defense when compared to those games.

In all fairness, the defense also played pretty well vs the Giants for most of the game. It wasn't until halfway through the 4th quarter that they started to falter..

In the past 8 games the defense is giving up approx. 18 points a game. How do you not see that as improving? They still have great lengths to go, but it certainly doesn't seem anything close to the first 2-3 games of the season to me.

I agree that they need to continue to improve against some of the elite passing teams, but they've played better for sure.

lol..I laugh at people who says they are waiting for the Pats to play a competent offense. What were the Chargers (when healthy), the Bills, Giants, Dallas, Pitts, and Raiders? The defense is what it is...average..nothing more or less.I think we need to stop waiting for the sky to fall when they were close to rock bottom already when playing the Steelers and Giants and losing both games.

Even in the loses, the played decent enough to win. The only game I truly blame the defense was the Steelers game. The other games they have kept the team in it while the offense was imploding.

I tend the Pats are playing good enough. The Eagles came out pumped up thinking they were going to control the game, and the Pats fought back and basically buried them.They can't control that Philly is a mess.

Last edited:
Anyone have a video link to Brady fired up on the sideline before the missed FG?

Even in the loses, the played decent enough to win. The only game I truly blame the defense was the Steelers game. The other games they have kept the team in it while the offense was imploding.

Buffalo and the NYG games are ones where the D did not do the job. vs the Bills, the offense scored 31 points and the D folded in the 4th qtr and vs the G'ints, the D caved on the final drive.

In both games, the O did it's job which was to score and get a lead and the D let them down.

With that said, I think in both games the D would now perform better.

one nitpicky thing about yesterday, even though brady was sacked once, he sure seemed to be on the turf a lot, as philly got a lot of qb hits. i think the protection got better as the game progressed, but it can't perform like that against pitt or balt in the playoffs.

lol..I laugh at people who says they are waiting for the Pats to play a competent offense. What were the Chargers (when healthy), the Bills, Giants, Dallas, Pitts, and Raiders? The defense is what it is...average..nothing more or less.I think we need to stop waiting for the sky to fall when they were close to rock bottom already when playing the Steelers and Giants and losing both games.

I tend the Pats are playing good enough. The Eagles came out pumped up thinking they were going to control the game, and the Pats fought back and basically buried them.They can't control that Philly is a mess.

The Bills shredded the defense, the Giants shredded the defense when it mattered, the Steelers shredded the defense, the Raiders weren't the same offense that they are now and Dallas was busy continually shooting itself in the foot at that time.

The notion that the defense played well enough to win simply doesn't match the reality of what happened.

one nitpicky thing about yesterday, even though brady was sacked once, he sure seemed to be on the turf a lot, as philly got a lot of qb hits. i think the protection got better as the game progressed, but it can't perform like that against pitt or balt in the playoffs.

I totally agree with you, but in my opinion they need to perform better immediately.

We still have games left vs some teams that can hit you...Washington, Denver, and Miami all come to mind. While those games should not keep us up at night, those defenses (DEN and MIA specifically) can bring pressure, attack, and pose problems to any kind of postseason hopes. Both Miami and Denver's defenses have been playing at a very high level, and I am sure they would get quite a kick out of ruining things for us.

I know I'm being quite a downer, but they do need to do a better job at protecting Brady, and they need to do it before the playoffs.

The Bills shredded the defense, the Giants shredded the defense when it mattered, the Steelers shredded the defense, the Raiders weren't the same offense that they are now and Dallas was busy continually shooting itself in the foot at that time.

The notion that the defense played well enough to win simply doesn't match the reality of what happened.

Yeah, I said they played decent enough to win. Even when they struggled vs. the Steelers, the team still had a chance in the end despite Pitt dominating the clock.How soon we forgot Brady's 4 picks helped the Bills alot and was technically the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back