PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Vikings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So its a little worrisome that they bring in Fleming to be an extra OT (and scratching KT/an extra wr threat), which indicates that they don't trust their OL. Still it was a much better performance all around.

Amendola and Dobson really didn't impress though. On the plus side Ridley looked pretty good.

I'm really pleased about our D. I still don't like the 3-4 but there is so much talent that it doesn't seem to matter much.

Hightower – 8 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 TFL, 1 pass defense, 2 QB hits
Jones – 8 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 TFL, 3 QB hits, 1 kick block, 1 touchdown

It was a huge day for our 2012 first round picks.

That was the game this team needed. It was a team performance!

Brady protected the ball. Ridley got the ball moving on the ground. Edelman was Edelman. Defence gave the O short fields. Special Teams got a TD and also gave the Vikings long fields.

Must have been the super bowl hangover for Miami today.

They've been doing this for over a decade. Probably the easiest game on the board this week.

Best pass rush from a Pats team since... um.. not really sure..

Whatever happened to lafell?

Gonzalez and Bart Scott look totally out of place on this post game highlights set

Amendola and Dobson really didn't impress though. On the plus side Ridley looked pretty good.
Dobson was fine for his first game; he had 1 big catch early and drew a pass interference call. Amendola has 9 catches in his last 6 games dating back to last year, he and LaFell do not look like money well spent, it is still early on for LaFell though just his second game with the Patriots so I will give him some more time.

Nice game. Excellent showing by the D and Special teams.

Offense: Well, Would like to have seen a bit more success but I think of this is a "foundation" type of game. BB takes a long view of the season and I think he was determined to let his O line get some rhythm, and build on that. Other two phases certainly gave them that luxury.

How was the game thread? I completely avoided the thread today, can only take so much negativity...

Felt really sorry for Cassell. Well, that may be a bit of a lie but he certainly got no help from his receiving core.

So much better from us. Maybe we won't be going 4-12 after all o_O

Gonzalez and Bart Scott look totally out of place on this post game highlights set
WHY would anyone think hiring Bart "loud mouth" Scott was a good idea is beyond me

So its a little worrisome that they bring in Fleming to be an extra OT (and scratching KT/an extra wr threat), which indicates that they don't trust their OL. Still it was a much better performance all around.

I'm really pleased about our D. I still don't like the 3-4 but there is so much talent that it doesn't seem to matter much.

Hael - You're assumption about bringing in Fleming is incorrect. They bring in Fleming to be an extra blocker. That says more about Hoomanawanui and his inability to block effectively than it does the O-line.

I thought that Dobson played well today.

How was the game thread? I completely avoided the thread today, can only take so much negativity...
it was wise to stay away. plenty of hate here today

Whatever happened to lafell?
Spent most of the time on the sidelines. The Pats didn't use a lot of multi-receiver sets. Tim Dwight also didn't see a lot of snaps.

Hightower – 8 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 TFL, 1 pass defense, 2 QB hits
Jones – 8 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 TFL, 3 QB hits, 1 kick block, 1 touchdown

It was a huge day for our 2012 first round picks.

And we picked Chandler Jones when Kevin Zeitler was still on the board... and let him slip to the Bengals... I was screaming for Kevin Zeitler.... but nooooooo...

How come nobody ever tells this story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey