PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Steelers game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is ridiculous

you cannot expect the D to do good at this point, theyve already been on the field for 40 mins

Because they cannot stop the steelers on 3rd down.

He threw for 350 yards. Cruz, Nicks and Manningham will light this secondary up like a Christmas tree if the Giants can keep Eli upright, which should be no great challenge against this D.

Keep upright???? What evidence do you have that the Pats will even cast a shadow on Eli? Ben's holding the ball forever is the only reason he's been touched today.

The D sucks - we knew that.
BB getting out coached? Didn't expect that.
Brady playing without passion? Not something I expected either.

Sometimes I think Brady is a front runner. He shows fire when things are clicking…gave a fiery pep talk to the offense during last year's Pitt game. But just like in the Jets playoff game, he is looking flat and distracted today. Not something I expected after a week off in the Islands and against a prime rival.

Can we try Ridley please. Please.. when we get the ball back?

Re: The worst thing about today blowout

since when is 20-10 a blowout?

I'd say this was worse than a blow out. Blow outs are trainwrecks, and they're over fast.

This was like slow, methodical torture.

24-23. Ball game. I have called it. Bring the gods out
hindu-gods-screensaver.jpg

One can hope.

After two good progressions in play by the defense before the bye. This defense has taken a huge step back today. Probably their worst game of the season. I think they desperately need a healthy Mayo back, but they need more than that. I don't think Bodden would have made a huge difference today. Too many poor plays all over the place.

Last edited:
go for it!!!!! darn it

Last edited:
Who would you rather have coach this team?

Love BB, despite his recent struggles, but some would argue Mike McCarthy is a pretty solid coach. BB's grip on the "best coach in the league" mantle is not as tight as it once was. That's a fact.

What happened to the Brady that would fire up his teammates on the sidelines? He's just sat on the bench with a blank stare the past few years. They need some veteran leadership on the team, doesnt look like anyone was even fired up for this game.

Has anyone seen the Patriots today? I know it's halloween but who ever is wearing TFB's uniform looks a lot like him.

If you want to call standing there looking for change with no one else around and Big Ben hits him in the numbers. Then yes, good play Gary.

In all fairness, he did have to jump.:rolleyes:

for everyone blaming the offense: it's hard to score very much when your D can't get off the field

It's just one game fortunately. I've seen the defense look pretty bbad in the past and we turned it around. Got to wonder with this personell though if a turnaround is possible

We will see next week against the Giants. Manning didn't look like a worldbeater against the Fish.

Why am I still watching this train wreck?

Game over. :(

2 mins to go, Ball will be in Brady's hands down 6.

i think i figured it out...someone should tell the pats there are 11 men on defense, not 10. only way to explain all these wide open receivers

To their credit Pittsburgh's defense has been phenomenal today.Especially their coverage.
Rothleisberger has made all the throws with pin point accuracy and is definately impressed today against this sieve of a defense. They are the best team in the AFC right now.

To think just a few weeks ago people bought into the hype that the Steelers are old and slow is laughable. When they lost to Baltimore in a discraceful manner, the media based this on one game. Our turn is probably coming after this game. Again though, one game does not make a season. If it did the Patriots wouldn't be the 04 champs 7 years ago this weekend.

The game isn't over because turnovers could swing this game in our favor, however it doesn't look good right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back