PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Steelers game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Some one with rose collered.glasses that this is just a bad game

they gave up two tds, three fgs, and were on the field all day- the defense was not the problem. this offense has stalled, but don't scream how bad the defense was. i don't think it helped that vollmer looked rusty and was beaten all day.

Defense played well in the red-zone. They let the Steelers drive the length of the field on every single drive. The defense does not get a pass. They couldn't get off the field until the Steelers were at the Patriots 10 yard line.

The Patriots can't defend the whole field. They need the end zone to help them.

Re: The worst thing about today blowout

The Steelers doubled the Patriots in time-of-possession. The score line doesn't read blow-out, but the Patriots were outplayed in every facet of the game.

Patriots did well to keep it close, but it wasn't enough in the end.

I still am baffled with that onside kick seeing as we've never been successful at that.
I also am really scratching my head why they didn't challenge that Gronk would-be touchdown.

-Jamman

Re: Perspective

Yes, today absolutely sucked. The D was terrible, the O was terrible, the specials were terrible, the coaching was terrible.

The Saints lost to the St Louis Rams. The offense scored 14 points against the worst D in the league. Does anyone seriously think they are now out of Superbowl contention? Of course not.

Its one game. Lots of things to correct, and if the team doesn't improve i don't hold out much hope for February, but it is just one game.

I agree. We lost a good team at home, who played an almost flawless game. Nobody would have beaten the Steelers today.

I didn't expect us to go 15-1, so loses along the way though they hurt are expected.

I am just going to chalk this one up to a bad game, and move on. I am not going to worry like the rest of the fans here.

Once Brady starts to duck, starts to see ghost, usually the game is over. We pulled out of the Dallas game with a win.
We were bad and the worry is that nothing looked correctable out there. How do you coach this?

Re: Perspective

Honestly I don't mind the lost. It was the damn Offense that really pissed me off. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I think they thought they'd confuse them by featuring Faulk.

Re: Some one with rose collered.glasses that this is just a bad game

time of possession statistics says your wrong

Why couldn't the Pats offense stay on the field?

Time of Possession statistics are not just a function of the defense.

The best thing about this game is it is over...

Bodden missed 16 games last year, and was playing minimally this year.. so do you continue to wish and hope he will get better or move on?

You also do not what was going on beyond closed doors..

As bad as our D was, Bodden would not have made it better today with his injuries..

Maybe there is something to this bye week off thing..

My grief isn't with Bodden, but with the investment made to the secondary.

Wilhite, Wheatley, Butler, Meriweather, Sanders, Dowling,... None of these guys are contributing. McCourty is also playing poorly

You know what goes unnoticed here, for keeping all these "Special teams aces" are special teams is a joke.

Our Kick Returning skills are horrible, we can never kick an onside kick, the opponents get the ball at the 30+ alot.

Re: The worst thing about today blowout

I still am baffled with that onside kick seeing as we've never been successful at that.
I also am really scratching my head why they didn't challenge that Gronk would-be touchdown.

-Jamman

Totally agree... bad coaching along w/ bad execution leads to a bad day

Eli Manning's going to have 400 and 5 tds next week...:mad:

They should have automatically reviewed that play.

Not the rule. Only automatically reviewed if ruled a TD on the field. And since CBS never showed a reply till after the coaches in the booth never got a look at the replay to inform Bill.

You know what goes unnoticed here, for keeping all these "Special teams aces" are special teams is a joke.

Our Kick Returning skills are horrible, we can never kick an onside kick, the opponents get the ball at the 30+ alot.

Frankly, if you're depending on Onside Kicks, you're doing it wrong in the first place. Yeah, I know the Saints won their SB for it, but 90% of the time, if you need it, you're f*cked to begin with.

I love the3 4th and 2 play to faulk down at the goal line - didn't work against IND, didn't work today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes