PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Steelers game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice 2 weeks and BB looks like he came up with another genius gameplan

Given most of the comments so far, why are most of you even bothering to watch the game?

I predicted that we would leave the flat exposed in favor preventing the deep play. Unfortunately Ben is on target and pretty effective so far. I think the Steelers knew this as well and went right to the shallow middle (putting Miller on the inside/under slants).

gary guyton just looks lost out there. cant wait for him to be benched when mayo comes back

I love Belichick as much as anyone, but why isn't he being questioned for this? We have arguably the wort defense in the league, and while our offense is great, I'm pretty sure it would be great if I were coaching the team. Isn't it about time we bring an outsider to be the DC? We aren't winning anything with this defense, no matter what our regular season record turns out to be. And yes, I know it's very early to say the defense stinks in this game, but it's so frustrating....

Even though it was a horrible stand on that first drive. There is no reason to get too worried. Belichick usually uses the first drive to get a feel of the offensive game plan and makes adjustments. The Pats expected the Steelers to attack the Pats outside and they went inside. We will have to see the adjustments now.

Making Ben look like an actual good qb. sad.

I understand Bodden wouldn't help there,

but Molden is awful

Doesn't get much worse than that from the D. This was with Ben missing 2 open guys

lets go offense and defense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do the Pats ever blitz? I can not remember the last time a Pats blitz came remotely close to a QB. It seems their blitz scheme is to run everyone at a common blocker, so that one person can block them all. Absolutely horrible blitz schemes.

Stick with the 4 man rush and maybe the "blitzers" can contribute in pass coverage. They sure as ell don't know how to blitz.

Great gamble by Woodhead to let the ball roll out of bounds.

so, we start blitzing, and we are getting owned

guess that convential D weve been playing all season was OK after all

the steelers game plan is obivously 3 and 1 step dropbacks, which means quick passes out, and a spread type of offense almost

we need to adjust now, a drive like that shouldnt happen again

That was brutal to watch. Miller may as well have been the 12th player on offense with how open he was.

Somebody should probably go ahead and let the defense know the game has started.

At least we'll start with a short field. We need to answer with 7.

Good field position. Let's just not turn the ball over here and put ourselves in a really big hole

This game is going to be all about the adjustments. Lets see how the D adjusts to the next series Now lets see how the offense responds

Last edited:
Please bill... get rid of guyton..

Guyton isn't the problem. The problem is the scheme they play, lay back and cover no one.

I'm starting to believe it's time for a new DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes