PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Eagles Pre-Season Game Thread

At this point Bolden/Blount look like a better keep than a QB3

kick goes out of bounds?

Josh working Tebow over on the sidelines. He's gone if he can't learn to pull the trigger.

I dunno, I got a feeling Tebow's McDaniel's baby. He's got visions of Steve Young in his head.

Jets might want Tebow back, Geno Smith injured his ankle tonight.

lol, I feel so uncomfortable watchin Tebow play. I was shocked by the loud cheers when he came out, too.

Eagles fans figured they have a chance once he came in..... :D

Should Ridley watch his back? Wow

Ridley had 8/92/1 against the 1st string defense of the Eagles; so right now I'd say no he doesn't have to. I will say Blount is a lot faster than I thought and could be a nice addition to our team.

Josh working Tebow over on the sidelines. He's gone if he can't learn to pull the trigger.

Yes. Too bad he didn't FAIL to score like Mallett.

Tebs just showed why Denver won the division and a playoff game. Question is...can coaching trim the brutal rough edges or is the talent just a tease? I really do not know. I'd prefer just 2 QBs and #53 a developmental playa.

It's interesting that the Patriots have five very different Runnings Backs in Ridley, Vereen, Blount, Bolden and Washington. Perhaps some of us have been to quick to dismiss some in favor of the others.

I still think Bolden has to pray someone takes the kick return job from Washington. Because I think that is the only way he makes the final 53.

I dunno, I got a feeling Tebow's McDaniel's baby. He's got visions of Steve Young in his head.

More like hallucinations.

When the Pats trade Demps and 7th for Blount, I thought the Pats gave away Demps and a 7th for nothing. I figured Blount wouldn't even make it through camp. Looks like I may have been a little off on that analysis.
Wouldn't be the first time :rolleyes:

Just kidding :)

I've seen Mallett have some great sequences. Unlike some* backups, he can light it up when he gets his rhythm.

I agree he struggles putting touch on the ball, but so did Grogan and Brady. Of course Brady excelled, but lots of QBs have to work it, wjile some naturally throw a soft ball. Matt Cavanagh and Tony eason come to mind.

Mallett had time to get his rhythm tonight before he got injured. Does it take more guys to tackle a 6'7 QB in the pocket or a 6'3 QB on the run?

Jets might want Tebow back, Geno Smith injured his ankle tonight.

did it look bad?

I rather see him play and get ruined than sit and have a chance to be ok under a new coach next year......

At this point Bolden/Blount look like a better keep than a QB3

Very true plus Bolden is a core special teams player (running into the punter tonight aside).

Well Tebow's throwing motion has definitely improved and his footwork too but he isn't accurate enough and he can't put a real zip on the ball. Still there has definitely been a lot of improvement since he got here.

I still think Bolden has to pray someone takes the kick return job from Washington. Because I think that is the only way he makes the final 53.

I don't agree I think you keep 5 back; Washington is only going to return kicks very seldom play offense.

Bolden is a good back and he is still young.

Well Tebow's throwing motion has definitely improved and his footwork too but he isn't accurate enough and he can't put a real zip on the ball. Still there has definitely been a lot of improvement since he got here.

wholeheartedly agree.

Great post here......great observations....

Yes. Too bad he didn't FAIL to score like Mallett.

Tebs just showed why Denver won the division and a playoff game. Question is...can coaching trim the brutal rough edges or is the talent just a tease? I really do not know. I'd prefer just 2 QBs and #53 a developmental playa.

Brady, Fletcher, Blount, Thompkins, best of the night.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back