PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Bucs pre-season game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe Ghost is still in this. WTF? We're up enough points. Please get Ghost out of the game.

BB goes for the FG to give the D some more time on the field. :)

No, Italia, but it's a bit early to be putting rookies into backup QB spots, the #1 RB spot, etc... and it's a bit early to be declaring this team to be better than 2007.

Time enough to focus on the economy the next time you go grocery shopping and realize the price of food is going through the roof. ;)

Dues, it is the preseason and it is against a couple of JAG teams however, the Pats are also playing situational football and being somewhat vanilla.

If they look this good playing this type of football just wait until they get into actual game planning and setting these guys up to succeed. It is going to be epic.

Are you new?

I agree that people (myself included) are getting excited about what we are seeing and IT'S ONLY PRESEASON however, do you have to sh#t on everyone's christmas all the time?

Yeah Farnam,, 2 HANDS ON THE BALL!!!

Slater actually hasn't looked to bad at receiver. Maybe he could actually make a few grabs this year?

Dues, it is the preseason and it is against a couple of JAG teams however, the Pats are also playing situational football and being somewhat vanilla.

If they look this good playing this type of football just wait until they get into actual game planning and setting these guys up to succeed. It is going to be epic.

Are you new?

I agree that people (myself included) are getting excited about what we are seeing and IT'S ONLY PRESEASON however, do you have to sh#t on everyone's christmas all the time?

It's preseason. The 0-16 Lions were 4-0 in the preseason. And I don't agree with the notion that a call for some small measure of restraint during game 2 of the preseason is somehow ****ting on everyone's Christmas.

Apparently Vollmer is in his second, second year. Zolak is in mid-season form.

It's preseason. The 0-16 Lions were 4-0 in the preseason. And I don't agree with the notion that a call for some small measure of restraint during game 2 of the preseason is somehow ****ting on everyone's Christmas.
I think some people are entitled to enjoy the performances of the Patriots in the PS Deus. You don't have to comment on the homerism or chicken little approaches to PS success or lack there of. Given it occurs year in year out, I would have thought it was beyond you by now.

And tonight, Mallett has looked every bit a rookie.

Last edited:

Yeah I've seen you use that excuse a couple of times however, you ARE talking about the Lions and I AM talking about the Patriots.

A HUGE difference and can't believe you actually even use the anology.

No, Italia, but it's a bit early to be putting rookies into backup QB spots, the #1 RB spot, etc... and it's a bit early to be declaring this team to be better than 2007.

Time enough to focus on the economy the next time you go grocery shopping and realize the price of food is going through the roof. ;)

Yawn....don't need food....just the patriots.

Last edited:

Ya, optimism for your team in preseason makes you a complete homer. Considering Jacksonville starters to be starters does as well. :rolleyes:

Meri is still in the game.

You know, absolutely everybody is just as aware as you are that it's a meaningless preseason game. But this is a game thread. It's about moment-by-moment reactions and emotions. "Call for restraint"? Seriously?

Any clue when the Bohemoth will be unleashed?

I think some people are entitled to enjoy the performances of the Patriots in the PS Deus. You don't have to comment on the homerism or chicken little approaches to PS success or lack there of. Given it occurs year in year out, I would have thought it was beyond you by now.

And tonight, Mallett has looked every bit a rookie.

Go back and read the discussion. I made a simple comment about holding off with the hyping of Ridley until he saw first team defenses, and that's led to people acting as if I shot the Pope.

there have been SO many holdings on our D line this game not called....i hope its not a trend that will continue to the games that matter

Go back and read the discussion. I made a simple comment about holding off with the hyping of Ridley until he saw first team defenses, and that's led to people acting as if I shot the Pope.

Yep, people are totally freaking out. :rolleyes:

Didn't we loose most of our preseason games in 2002? I'm to lazy to look it up. Regardless we look pretty damn damn good.
I'm not holding against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick