PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Broncos AFC Championship game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brady gets screwed over

Look. I think.its pretty clear what the answer is here.

Brady is or has been the best qb in the league for a decade and if you told the pats they HAD to go into next season with a qb not named Brady thete isn't a chance in hell they could find someone better.

With that kind of leverage its tom Brady's fault for not.kindly telling Kraftto **** off wwhenhe says he ddon't take orders from brady.

My point is he has no one to blame but him self. Hed have zero problems finding a job and one with a raise if he so chose. He didnt. Manning walked into Denver who was a qb away from an elite qb. Imagine if brady had a chance to do.that instead of starting over. Manning in Indy is sitting at home.

So if you can't guess i blame Brady. He wasnt making good.throws either and it didnt help he was playing with the 1950s boston Celtics.

If I understand your post correctly, you're blaming Brady for not leaving the Patriots?

The next few weeks we will begin to hear sports writers talk about Brady potentially hanging it up. It's been a heartbreaking 10 years. The man has done enough. Let him enjoy his family.

It's not revisionist at all. Our OC chose Thomas for heaven's sake!! And it's happened ver and over and over again that Belichick has saddled Brady with the likes of Reche Caldwell and Donte Stallworth, while letting players like Deion Branch go. Dobson is the first pick in ages that has any promise, but after losing two of your top WRs, you have to load up, and Keenan Allen is a guy who produced in college.

It is revisionist to suggest that they should have drafted Thomas, when that is antithetical to the Patriots' scouting tendencies.

It is revisionist to say that they didn't load up on WR's because they didn't pick the guy that happened not to be injured this year.

Letting Branch go probably didn't work out. But, that is old, old news.

i'm really not that worried about our offense next year....everything that could go wrong for the pats this year did. and we still made it to the final 4

Dobson is going to be a stud IMO and should be much improved next year. you get Gronk returning and hopefully some off-season acquisitions

You're not worth my time.

I do appreciate the irony of you belittling me when you can't even figure out that Welker was Manning's #2 target prior to injury, not #4. That doesn't somehow make your history less revisionist, of course, but it is amusing.

I'm so sick of the injury excuses. Every team deals with it. There are issues everywhere, but the biggest issue that never seems to get addressed is the sad ass secondary. And quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of saying it and watching every F'n year go by as we get one washed up injury prone player after another expected to save the day. Just horrible coverage today. No excuses, none.

Rookies? Amendola? Those are our answers to the likes of Thomas(s), Decker and Welker? With three years of Brady left I expect our front office to do more than sign an oft-injured slot receiver and draft untested WR's as the main receiving core to surround him. Losing Gronk and Hernandez sucks but they shouldn't be the only decent options he has/had.

All teams have injuries. You just needed a camera on the sideline and you would have won. What is wrong with you people..lol

The next few weeks we will begin to hear sports writers talk about Brady potentially hanging it up. It's been a heartbreaking 10 years. The man has done enough. Let him enjoy his family.

:wha:

Have you listened to Brady at all in the last few years?

Going into the year, they had Gronk/Hernandez/Vereen/Amendola/Edelman and the 3 rookies, one of whom is a "go up and get the ball WR". That is not enough for Tommy Boy? He also needs Larry Fitzgerald?

Wake up!!

Aaron got booked in the off-season, we knew Gronk would be out until at least week 6 and we could have easily resigned welker and gotten a veteran WR. Also no one expected Edelman to be elite like he did this year.

We went into week 1 with Amendola/Dobson/KT/Boyce, edelman barely played. That's ridiculous

If I understand your post correctly, you're blaming Brady for not leaving the Patriots?

Im saying if he was unhappy with the constant crap he has to work with than hes had his chance to use his leverage.

Seems perfectly content in letting belechick put togethwr a team that without brady would be in the top half of the draft.

He has only him self to blame that he had to spend one of his final years with eldemon as hisbest wr

In the last few years Brady has had Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Moss, Amendola had two WRs drafted this year etc and we haven't won anything. It's not as simple as "he hasn't been given the weapons".

I do appreciate the irony of you belittling me when you can't even figure out that Welker was Manning's #2 target prior to injury, not #4. That doesn't somehow make your history less revisionist, of course, but it is amusing.

No need to respond when you come up with material like that.

Here's a friendly wager: I bet Welker gets cut or pays at a significantly reduced salary next year.

In the last few years Brady has had Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Moss, Amendola had two WRs drafted this year etc and we haven't won anything. It's not as simple as "he hasn't been given the weapons".

We made 2 SBs and we're within a hair of both. What else do you want. Another bandwagon fan, get outta here

Every team has injuries... stop making excuses. Brady was a 6th round pick.. won Super Bowl due to Spy Gate and a stupid tuck rule that was so dumb that they eliminated that rule. Pats are the steroid era of MLB.. cheating=asterisk!

Manx, now while I agree, when were they healthy in a big playoff game. Welker drops a game winning pass. Gronk gets hurt on freak plays. In the moss days the D $h!t the bed in 07. We need to play as a team like the championship years and make plays. We have lost playmakers in huge games.

There is absolutely no way I rely on this current WR cast to stay healthy next year, and that includes Edelman who had a great year. I would add another big threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back