PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THE official Patriots trade deadline thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would have been a significant overpay

How?

Obviously the risk of not being able to resign him I understand, but you have the whole season plus the usage of a franchise tag to use, to sort it if needed as well.

We know he’s been coached hard and well - He came from Bama as well as playing under Coughlin, and we know how highly BB regards them.

Collins could come in and play that LB/S role. This would enable us to let D-Mac go back to more of the high safety role that he normally plays. Would also be able to rotate Chung more if we wanted too.

Rams better hope they win this year or next year. Lots of draft capital spent the past two years on trades and their salary cap situation is pretty dire, especially with Goff needing a new contract in a couple years.

Everyone keeps saying “a couple years” forgetting he’s half way through his 3rd season.
In all reality he’s gonna want that extension by the end of next season. Their window is this year and next, and then they’re in cap hill, full of a team with a lot of veterans, and no draft picks to replace them. This could end up very bad if they don’t win it this year or the next.

How great would it be to see the patriots crush their dreams and once again send them back to the cesspool another 15 years

How?

Obviously the risk of not being able to resign him I understand, but you have the whole season plus the usage of a franchise tag to use, to sort it if needed as well.

We know he’s been coached hard and well - He came from Bama as well as playing under Coughlin, and we know how highly BB regards them.

Collins could come in and play that LB/S role. This would enable us to let D-Mac go back to more of the high safety role that he normally plays. Would also be able to rotate Chung more if we wanted too.

I really hope you're kidding with this.

PATRIOTS DIDNT MAKE A TRADE...IT'S TIME TO PANIC! WE SUCK! WHAT IS BB DOING!...

Everyone keeps saying “a couple years” forgetting he’s half way through his 3rd season.
In all reality he’s gonna want that extension by the end of next season. Their window is this year and next, and then they’re in cap hill, full of a team with a lot of veterans, and no draft picks to replace them. This could end up very bad if they don’t win it this year or the next.

How great would it be to see the patriots crush their dreams and once again send them back to the cesspool another 15 years
When is he allowed to restructure? Because I wouldn't play a game after that until I get my $100 mil.

ckWU9Oh.jpg

I would have said goodbye to Dwayne Allen and given a second for Tate. He would have been great in this offense

Yes, it would have been a significant overpay.

You don't give up a 2nd for the 8 week rental of a player who would be a depth safety (You're not benching Chung), and who struggles with coverage.

And I don't know what you're using for rankings, but if it's PFF, you really need to try finding a site that doesn't suck ass.[/QUOTE

Pff is one thing, but I’m talking about what I’ve seen with my own two eyes. I watched all of Patrick Peterson all 22, and all of Collins (and Eli apple), and all Conleys all 22 from this season. I see it with my very own eyes.

I’ve watched every giants game this season, and every pats game, and Collins is having a much better season, especially in coverage, With a supporting cast thats much worse. Granted he does play a different coverage role a lot of times, he’s better in coverage then Chung (always has been somewhat comparable except his rookie year) and on top of Chung is really starting to lose his coverage ability. Not to mention he’s 24, and Chung is gonna be like 32 next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore