PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots Day 2 draft thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe he handed in the wrong card

Draft rating just went from "A" yesterday, to "WTF ?". Once again BB tricks everyone by trying to prove he's smarter than everyone by picking an unknown 7th round to undrafted free agent safety who will probably last a year. Good job BB, you showed everybody how it's done, **** everybody else, let's waste a mid second round pick instead of using it on someone who's talented and worthy of a 2nd round pick. Obviously the draft board is really just a dart board.

Good thing Mel Kiper's ratings are the same as the rest of the NFL's.

I want to thank BB for taking Tavon Wilson. Over the years one of my favorite parts of the draft has become laughing at people who think they know what they are talking about. It's not nearly as fun for me when the Pats pick guys who are 'supposed' to go where the Pats pick them. It's way more enjoyable when the Pats pick someone who wasn't on some internet hack's draft board and people get all up in arms about it.

Thanks BB! :p

Last edited:
Any relation between Tavon and Eugene? Both were DBs out of Illinois, converted from CB to S. :shrug:

Regards,
Chris

Team captain. Recognizes plays well. Comparable on measurables to CBs who were rated ahead of him. Perhaps a little more physical than them.

It's not hard to guess what BB sees in the kid. Now let's hope he's right.

Last edited:
Sure its an unfamiliar player but its annoying when we act like its a bad pick when the reality is we don't know a damn. Unless you are watching scouting tape, and no that doesn't mean you watch college games, then frankly you are in no position to pass judgement on any pick.

Oh now stop talking logically-Don't you know the people who post on an internet message board know better then you know a winning coach.:D

And before you all get defensive just havin a little fun:singing:

Team captain. Recognizes plays well. Comparable on measurables to CBs who were rated ahead of him. Perhaps a little more physical than them.

It's not hard to guess what BB sees in the kid. Now let's hope he's right.
Disclaimer, I hate the pick so I'm not trying sweet talk it.

But Trumaine Johnson had a 4.15/7.20 Shuttle/3 Cone, Wilson had 4.16/7.04.

So there is that.

Oh now stop talking logically-Don't you know the people who post on an internet message board know better then you know a winning coach.:D

And before you all get defensive just havin a little fun:singing:

Nobody's getting defensive, BB does this almost every year. Its just that it seems like a waste of a second round pick. I'm not saying that Wilson won't work out, just that its not hard to imagine that BB could have traded down and still got his man.

My problem with this pick is that they could have got him later. We could have picked a good o lineman (Konz & Adams), a good DE (Curry), DT (Still, Worthy, Reyes), CB or WR. This guy would have been available for the late 2nd pick and probably all the way to the 4th or 5th if they wanted to trade back and pick up more picks. Makes no sense to me. SI had him rated as a Free Agent. Only guy on their tracker they don't even have a picture of.

You need to have a willing 2nd team to trade back. There is no telling where NFL circles had this guy rated.

Guy you think Wilson tonight was watching draft in tv?:D

2md pick traded to Green Bay.. Details to follow..

To The Pats:
Pick #90
Pick # 163

To the Packers:
Pick #62

Last edited:
Disclaimer, I hate the pick so I'm not trying sweet talk it.

But Trumaine Johnson had a 4.15/7.20 Shuttle/3 Cone, Wilson had 4.16/7.04.

So there is that.

The difference is that Johnson is 6'2 and Wilson is not even 6'..

To The Pats:
Pick #90
Pick # 163

To the Packers:
Pick #62

Oh good! So now we can stay up late tonight and tune in tomorrow to see who they pick that no one has a clue who it is.:rocker:

To The Pats:
Pick #90
Pick # 163

To the Packers:
Pick #62

Pats think the meat of this draft is in the 160s.

My problem with this pick is that they could have got him later. We could have picked a good o lineman (Konz & Adams), a good DE (Curry), DT (Still, Worthy, Reyes), CB or WR. This guy would have been available for the late 2nd pick and probably all the way to the 4th or 5th if they wanted to trade back and pick up more picks. Makes no sense to me. SI had him rated as a Free Agent. Only guy on their tracker they don't even have a picture of.

A few things:

First, Curry would be an OLB for the Pats. Not a DE. He's not heavy enough to play DE in the 3-4.

Second, while Still and Worthy fit the mold that the Pats usually look for in a 3-4 DE, clearly there was something we don't know about.

Third, Wilson is a CB/S, not just a safety.

Fourth, you clearly haven't been keeping up to speed on the Pats depth at WR. They currently have Welker, Lloyd and Johnson as locks. They have Edelman and Slater as STs. That really only leaves ONE WR position available for Branch, Stallworth, Gonzalez, Underwood and Davis to fight for. Now you want to add a ROOKIE WR to that mix?

That all being said, I agree that Wilson probably would have been around later in the draft. Personally, I would have rather had Johnson because of his height, but there are clearly issues that BB and Co felt that Johnson had that Wilson doesn't.

Guy you think Wilson tonight was watching draft in tv?:D

Nope. Maybe he was watching his youtube highl...., nope he wasn't doing that either. :)

The difference is that Johnson is 6'2 and Wilson is not even 6'..
And they both weigh 205. You're acting like Wilson is 175. Again, I don't like the pick but the numbers are competitive.

Oh good! So now we can stay up late tonight and tune in tomorrow to see who they pick that no one has a clue who it is.:rocker:

Well, it will be 11 for you, but only 10 for me.. *GRIN* At least based on how the 2nd round went. Hell, the only reason the 2nd round took so long was because of the damn commercials and the insistence that the Pundits get to have their 2 cents before moving on to the next pick being announced.

And they both weigh 205. You're acting like Wilson is 175. Again, I don't like the pick but the numbers are competitive.

No, I'm not acting like that at all. Just goes to show how you look when you assume something. I'm acting like Johnson is 2 inches taller and has a 3 inch higher vertical so he can go up against the taller WRs more easily than Wilson can..Something the Pats have had issue with since the good days with Rodney..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back