PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots/Broncos Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said undressed in the last 7 years. You support my point. His team's have come out flat in some of the biggest games of the year in the recent past. He was $ in the beginning but pretty bad lately.

No. You didn't say "undressed in the last 7 years. Now you're a liar to boot.

Here is what you said:
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...oncos-post-game-thread-page5.html#post3729082
heavyde050 said:
BB and his coordinators - I really do appreciate all of the wonderful things he has done for the organization and I do know that no team is competitive forever, but he has routinely got undressed in the biggest games by opposing coaches.

You have complete changed your story because you got called on your BS.

I can only go by the W and L record. BB has routinely had the pats in the playoffs and with a great record. The Pats teams have played pretty bad in their last couple of playoff losses. When you are the GM and the coach, you need to take responsibility because you are buying the groceries and cooking.

I am not saying he should be fired, but to call him a genius or the best coach in the league is kind of tough with his team's recent performances in the biggest games. It is not fair to judge him this way, but he has set impossible expectations to live up to.

You've made yourself inconsequential with your BS. Nice job.

Re: Will Bob Kraft ever pay a big name receiver free agent

Go get Decker :p

Yes. I want Decker. Dump Amendola, spend this $$ to sign Decker.

Really, though. It is not Krafts' decision. Rather it's always been BillB's decision. It was BillB's decision to sign Amendola.

Re: Will Bob Kraft ever pay a big name free agent receiver

Just what we need a WR who can go deep to go with a QB that sucks at throwing the deep ball. We need a beefier O-Line and a more agile younger D-Line that can get to the QB ... same as we need every year since Seymour left.

They really just need guys healthy, Collins will be good, he just needs more time. Mayo, wilfork and Kelly in that game and I think it is very different.

This kind of thinking overlooks the fact that injuries are part of the game. Denver had a similar list of injured talent as the Patriots and what was left stomped what remained of the Patriots. If you put back all of the Patriots who are injured, please put back all of the injured Broncos as well. The Patriots got beat by a better team today but not because of injuries: their GM assembled more talent top to bottom (and BB helped).

Niners. Those drug cheat Seahawk CBs are going to get flagged every play against manning.

Got it, thanks and see you all next year

If one block from Wes Welker can render you unable to play, then maybe you're not physically cut out to play in the NFL. Part of the job is playing through loads of pain. There are other guys who I'm confident would have been shot up and played through it. Talib, unfortunately, isn't that guy, and we have two seasons of him being knocked out of games to back that up. This isn't gronk, where it takes broken bones and torn ligaments to get him off the field.

It wasn't a "block". Welker ran, flat out, into Talib. Talib had already had a gimpy knee and the ribs finished him off. Welker is 200lbs of muscle of which about 140lbs hit Talib square in the chest when Talib wasn't prepped for it. And if Talib's ribs were cracked from the hit, then the Medical staff isn't letting Talib back on the field for fear of a rib breaking and puncturing a lung.

Moss was past his prime.

Yeah, you could tell that by the fact that he set the receiving TD record the season before the Pats paid him that he was clearly passed his prime.:rolleyes:

In the second season after he signed his big deal here (Brady tore his ACL in the first season), he had 1264 yards (5th in the NFL) and 13 TDs (1st in the NFL). Another clear sign he was past his prime.

Moss was 31 in his first year of his deal which is not past the prime of a WR. It is the tail end of his prime, but he had several years left.

All about the deal. Millions of cap space left over....but BB and BK saved a mill letting WW walk to the new AFC Champs.
Add together Ocho Stinko and DA's wasted salaries the past two years and a pattern starts to develop. You get what you pay for.

Well, that's another conversation. It's not really Chandler Jones' fault that he's got to be sublime for the Pats to be a good defense. But that's where we are.

Not really. Not when you're highlighting Aldon Smith as an example of an impact pass rusher.

13 players in the NFL got more total pressures on the QB than Chandler Jones this season. One of those was Rob Ninkovich and five were drafted higher than him.

No. You didn't say "undressed in the last 7 years. Now you're a liar to boot.

Here is what you said:
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...oncos-post-game-thread-page5.html#post3729082

You have complete changed your story because you got called on your BS.

You've made yourself inconsequential with your BS. Nice job.

You are correct. I really did think that my initial post said the last 7 years. I had it in parenthesis. I must have deleted it. My apologies, you were responding to what was written your response was correct.

I really thought I did type 7 years. My mistake. Sorry about that.

So depressed right now. I hardly care to watch anymore, but which of these teams has the better chance of crushing Manning?

Seattle matches up better. As much as I don't like them, they have one of the best pass defenses in NFL history

Just Belichick and Brady coming up small in another big game against an idiot Manning brother. What was the gameplan? They didn't stop the run, they didn't stop the pass, they got no pressure, no turnovers, couldn't stop them even when the Broncos quit trying, couldn't move the ball, nothing.

Chandler Jones didn't even have his usual 1 sack and then disappear. He just didn't show up. The whole defensive line stunk. Upgrades needed next season.

Dennard was schooled. Enjoy the can. Arrington was torched as usual.

The left side of the o-line was pitiful. Solder, Mankins, and Wendell. C/G should be a high priority in the draft.

Amendola was worthless, and the TE's are what they are. Since Rob "Bob Sanders" Gronkowski will get hurt again at some point next year, TE might be the highest priority.

Where was Blount Force Trauma? Sitting on the bench while Ridley got the 3 carries the Patriots had in the second half.

Or will they continue to go about it the "patriot way" and find old receivers that no one wants anymore.

People may think this is a overreaction, but take a second to think about how easily the moss trade could have went south. And 2007 would have been like this one. Tom brady didn't take a pay cut for this.

Time is ticking on brady's career.

He paid Danny Amendola $8,500,000 million in cash during the 2013 year and that resulted in ZERO receptions in the biggest game of the year. Overall Amendola is the #26 highest paid WR in the NFL on average and Gronkowski is in the top 5 for highest paid TEs in the NFL.

Kraft also pays the highest paid inmate in the nation’s correctional system.

They stole him from the raiders.

And then he was a free agent the next season and the Pats paid him pretty well.

The Patriots paid big money to a top 5 receiving weapon in the NFL. He's 6'6", 270 pounds, and currently has one functioning knee.

Kraft has nothing to do with this. It's his money, but he rightfully stays out of how it is spent.

Hell, we don't even need to necessarily sign one; we could just draft one. I know all you homers will say I'm wrong, but how much more valuable would a guy like Dez Bryant be over McCourty? Infinitely more valuable. How much more valuable would Coderelle Patterson be over a guy like Jamie Collins? We have two maybe three years of being competitive left and we're throwing it all away.
Infinitely more valuable than McCourty? I know most people aren't smart enough to understand how a top free safety affects the game, but that's just ridiculous.

Patterson had 469 receiving yards this season. The Pats got more production in fewer games with a lower pick out of Dobson and about the same production in fewer games with no pick out of Thompkins.

Yes. I want Decker. Dump Amendola, spend this $$ to sign Decker.
There's no such thing as "this $$" from dumping Amendola. The Pats would lose cap room by cutting Amendola.

All about the deal. Millions of cap space left over....but BB and BK saved a mill letting WW walk to the new AFC Champs.
There were millions in cap space left because cutting Hernandez saved a bunch. They'll make up for it with his $7.5M cap hit next season. Prior to Hernandez getting cut, they didn't have a ton of cap room left. After Hernandez was cut, there was nobody to spend it on.

I know the Pats are just getting over a loss and everybody is frustrated, but let's try not to be too ridiculous, alright?

Just what we need a WR who can go deep to go with a QB that sucks at throwing the deep ball. We need a beefier O-Line and a more agile younger D-Line that can get to the QB ... same as we need every year since Seymour left.

Definitely OL needs to improve, via draft or trade.

Wendell is no better than a 3rd stringer. Knighton almost killed Brady on a few occassions.

If not for head injuries, Welker would've been paid and brought back. Big name WR's on the market this year could be Nicks, Golden Tate and/or Maclin. No way Denver lets Decker walk and why would Decker go elsewhere? I think Nicks is the hottest WR on the market. Hakeem would be perfect for Brady to work with...

At this point I accepting the scenario that Brady may retire with only his 3 SB's.

I don't wanna see him at 42 playing with a cane begging to win another SB.

There's really a fair shot over the next 2 years, but they are far away to be a team like the 49ers with a lot of pieces in place, SB ready.

I'm proud of this team though, the only team that could overcome all those injuries + Hernandez and go to the AFCCG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes