PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official off-season Patriots Fans Confessional Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Official off season Patriots Fans Confessional Thread

1 - i was not so sure BB was the right decision expecially when also we gave up a first round pick

2 - i was depressed about Drew injury's (Tom Who ? Season Over...)
still at play-off game @ PIT i was hoping to see on the field from the beginning n.11 and not n.12...

3 - i never expected Randy Moss was going to be a Pat

4 - i was thinking Adrian Klemm was going to be a 10 year starter at Foxboro

but, after AV kick in the snow against Oak, i was SURE: THAT WAS OUR YEAR !!! I was sure we would have won the Super Bowl 36

Last edited:

:eek: I did think that Hugh Millen was a very good QB.

I never thought that Michael Bishop was an NFL QB as many others did at the time.

-We got Chris Freakin' Canty!!! Lock-Down!!!

-We got Chris Freakin' Canty!!! Lock-Down!!!

Excellent sig banner , Dave!:rocker:

I got weird playoff hunches this time too...

I expected the Colts' run defense to absolutely shut down LJ - no joke. I knew it was going to happen.

I also thought thr Colts would rape Baltimore in every facet of the game. I was surprised it was that close.

I posted on IndyStar before the Ravens game saying that the Colts were going to win. :p

Yeah sure, Baltimore had a good defense, but Indy's offense could outscore their D since the Ravens' O was a nonfactor. All I remember is Ray Lewis breaking up INTs. :rolleyes: Thanks Ray.

I thought Bobby Grier was a good talent evaluator when Kraft sided with him over Parcells.
I thought Pete Carroll was a good choice for head coach.
I hated the Dillon trade when it happened.
I felt the Pats should have traded both their first round picks in 2003 to get Johnathan Sullivan.
I defended Tyrone Poole both in 2003 and the early part of 2004.
I bought a Remington razor after Victor Kiam bought the team (much like the Kiam regime it never worked correctly).
I used to think Borges was one of the best football writers around (same with Felger)

One I hope I am posting next year......
I don't think Moss will be all that in a Pats uniform

Last edited:

My Confession is from a different angle.

I really liked and respected owner Sullivan, and son Pat. Always have fond thoughts about them, despite the media slant on them.

In a poll after Bill Parcells left, I actually voted Pete Carroll as a better (NFL) coach.

My Confession is from a different angle.

I really liked and respected owner Sullivan, and son Pat. Always have fond thoughts about them, despite the media slant on them.

I always stood up for them but they were terrible businessmen. If you think back during their ownership the team was always in some kind of turmoil.

It took Bob Kraft to buy the team for me to realize what a great owner is really like.

When I was 6 I was cheering for the Packers in superbowl 31 against the Pats. Im sorry.

Now looking back I would rather have had the Pats lose to the Chargers, just so they could crush the Colts.

When I was 6 I was cheering for the Packers in superbowl 31 against the Pats. Im sorry.

:nono:. Actually, if I was still being punished for my sins as a six year old, I would be charged with "reckless endangerment of a teddy bear" and "refusal, with intent, to share candy".

OK mine is kind of long but here it goes. BB first year as head coach i went to a ton of the practices. I brought a Pat's helmet with me to get autographs like many others. After a few days of getting autographs it was filling up fast (Law, Milloy, Brown, and even BB and Kraft!!) and along comes 4th string QB Tom Brady and 3rd string "superstar" Michal Bishop signing eveything put into their paths. I got Bishop's autograph and then.....thinking I needed to save my last few spots for players that will make the team I pulled my helemt away right before T Brady could sign it!!! What an ass i was!

I wouldn't feel bad if several 49ers were injured and their play this year suffered for it.

I'm not saying im wishing anyone hurt... (except Vinatieri but that's a whole 'nother sack of marbles).

what i am saying is i wouldn't mind one bit.

I guess that might make me a jerk, i can't help it.

I started making Super Bowl travel reservations during halftime of this year's AFCCG.

I started making Super Bowl travel reservations during halftime of this year's AFCCG.

Lol. As a Pats fan you should know better. :D

Last edited:

Didn't you learn from Steelers fans in January of 2002 (and January of 2005 for that matter) that you never do that?!? You jinxed it for the rest of us.

Last edited:
I wouldn't feel bad if several 49ers were injured and their play this year suffered for it.

I'm not saying im wishing anyone hurt... (except Vinatieri but that's a whole 'nother sack of marbles).

what i am saying is i wouldn't mind one bit.

I guess that might make me a jerk, i can't help it.

I disagree. It is not that which makes you a jerk.:D

When Samuel ran the INT back for a 21-3 halfway through the 2nd qtr, unlike when they bolted out to big leads at Pittsburgh in 2001 and 2004, I had a bad feeling in my gut. I kept thinking, its too soon for this type of lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back