PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice if all the grown men and women who visit this board would stop crying and whining about day 2 and the Illinois CB/S the Pats picked.

And wouldn't be even BETTER if the grown men who visit this board stopped crying and whining, just because someone committed the UNFORGIVABLE SIN of criticizing Bill?? :D

@Wilfork75

You me and Merrill could be facing a battle of the binkies - Mar Jones, Juron Criner, Greg Childs.

Wouldn't it be fun if they were all on the board and the Pats were looking receiver?

Tavon Wilson .... Cough! .... Cough!

I was alright with the pick but now that I see all the talent flying off the bored I'm not happy. We could have traded the pick to help reload for the later rounds. :mad:

My reset targets based on areas not addressed so far:

DE J.R. Sweezy NCSU 6'5", 300 - Good athlete for his size, block eater
CB Coty Sensabaugh Clemson 5'11", 190 - Limited reps but looked solid at combine
OG Matt Reynolds BYU 6'4", 305 - Once a highly rated OT becomes a sliding OG
RB Robert Turbin Utah St 5'10", 225 - A bowling ball, complements existing stable

I would argue that Turbin is the SECOND Best Back in that BackField.

Michael Smith, baby. :cool:

I was alright with the pick but now that I see all the talent flying off the bored I'm not happy. We could have traded the pick to help reload for the later rounds. :mad:

Who cares about talent. We just got a dude who is willing to be a gunner on special teams with a 2nd round draft pick. Do you know how hard it is to find football players that are willing to play special teams?

A name to throw out there for the 5th round WR hunt is Junior Hemmingway from Michigan.

@Wilfork75

You me and Merrill could be facing a battle of the binkies - Mar Jones, Juron Criner, Greg Childs.

Wouldn't it be fun if they were all on the board and the Pats were looking receiver?

I bet they would take someone like Streeter or Owusu instead and piss us all off

I bet they would take someone like Streeter or Owusu instead and piss us all off

They'd be alright. Just realised Antonio Allen is still on the board. He's a BB type I reckon. Wouldn't surprise if they double dip at safety with him. I reckon he fits what the Pats are trying to do defensivly too.

I don't see us taking a receiver. We have had the chance to grab some good receivers earlier in the draft why take one in round 5 who has no chance of making the team.I predict another special teams player :mad:

One change the NFL needs to make: for compensatory picks, you have two minutes to make a pick. . . .

Markelle Martin S
Josh Chapman Nt
Alfonzo Dennard Cb
Billy Winn De
Isaiah Pead Wr
George Iloka S
David Molk C
Tommy Streeter Wr
Chris Owus Wr
Mike Brewster C
Juron Criner Wr
Dale Moss Wr
Chase Minnifield Cb
Marvin Jones Wr
Jeremy Ebert Wr
Louis Nzegwu De
Greg Childs Wr
Emil Igwenagu Te
Emmanuel Acho Lb
Josh Chapman Dt

At least you see the BIG picture! :D

One of those compensatory picks should of been ours.

They'd be alright. Just realised Antonio Allen is still on the board. He's a BB type I reckon. Wouldn't surprise if they double dip at safety with him. I reckon he fits what the Pats are trying to do defensivly too.

There are still a bunch of guys that I really like so I wouldn't be too disappointed if we didn't go WR.

Alfonzo Dennard
Chase Minnifield
Josh Chapman
Billy Winn
Cam Johnson
Chris Rainey
Markelle Martin
George Iloka
Jonathon Massaquoi
Justin Bethel

I just wish we had more picks

Greg Childs just went off the board. :mad:

Somewhere Off the Grid just sighed in disgust! :eek:

Arkansas put out quite a roster to the NFL. Amazing.

I'm not going to get my hopes up over any particular player because I simply have no idea who might fall to us.

However I'd be happy if either Alameda Ta'amu, George Iloka or Josh Chapman falls to us and we draft one of them

2 out of 3 still there....

Damn it! :mad:

Josh Chapman just went off the board!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore