PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet...BB ...picks ...a RB with one of the remaining picks...

Every time ... I read your posts ... with the ... dotdotdot ... between words ... I picture an old guy ... lying on his ... death bed ... gasping for breaths ... between ... phrases.

:)

Not that there's anything wrong with it!

Last edited:
:)......those dots interrupt me yelling ....JETS .....SUX SUX SUX

Why hasn't billy Winn been taken?

197 will likely be swapped with 200 (Eagles) to keep the Reid-Belichick draft day trading streak alive

Dean Barker ‏ @DPBNE

Just spoke to guy on Tavon Wilson. Says watch Indiana game,Ohio St,Michigan and Wisconsin. Tell him then who best DB was on the field.

Trade chart out the window for BB apparently:

On the clock for what would have been their final pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, the Patriots traded down yet again. New England sent the 163rd pick back to the Packers in exchange for the 197th pick, the 224th and the 235th selections. Put simply, New England traded a fifth rounder for a sixth and two sevenths.

According to the trade value chart the deal sent Green Bay back its original pick worth 27.2 points, with the Patriots getting a total of 15.5 points back. That’s a 40-plus percent trade deficit.

Looking back on last night’s trade with Green Bay, New England essentially traded the 62nd pick (284 points) for picks 90, 197, 224 and 235 (total of 158.5 points). That’s a 125.5-point trade deficit in the overall value of the two trades, or the value of a late third-round pick.

Clearly the Patriots simply wanted to trade down to acquire more late-round picks on the final two days of the draft. And clearly the Packers were the only team willing to trade with New England, but would only do so in deals that didn’t come in anywhere near equal value.

Official Patriots Football Weekly Blog | From the Hart: Another lopsided trade

I underatand the micro stress fracture n all but if on the nfl website it says that they expected him to be taken in the 2 and be ready to be stuck right into the action this year

A 5th for a 6th and 2 7ths??? :eek:

Off The Grid Approves of this Message!! :D

I dare not mention some of the few remaining binkies left.

Edit: ....and there goes BJ Cunningham!

Last edited:
Dean Barker ‏ @DPBNE

Just spoke to guy on Tavon Wilson. Says watch Indiana game,Ohio St,Michigan and Wisconsin. Tell him then who best DB was on the field.

I've got the michigan game. Will have 2 give it a watch.

I dare not mention some of the few remaining binkies left.

Edit: ....and there goes BJ Cunningham!

BJs are always in demand

Dean Barker ‏ @DPBNE

Well one would hope he would be better than Wisconsin's DBs.

And the only player from those schools also drafted so far is S Trent Robinson from MSU at 180.

And the Jets go for Bush

Last edited:
BB goal is to get 32 7th round picks :)

Did they reach for Bush?

I hope BB finds a contributor in one of these picks.

At this point, there's just not much lower they can trade. They might actually have to pick some players, alas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes