PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The Official Day 1 Patriots Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ravens hosing the Pats for the TE thing last year?

And the NFL network goes to commercial during this

You'd think the Pats will trade out here.

Speak of the devil..

Trading with Saints.

Relax... pass rush help can be obtained beyond the first round.

So can OL. We won our SBs in the past by picking OLs past the first round.

Pass rush has been a GLARING weakness the past 3 years. Last year, we only invested a second round pick on a pass rusher and that didn't improve our pass rush. We lost to the Jets in the playoffs because our defense couldn't get off on third downs. We have a hard time getting off on third downs against good teams. Do we suddenly expect Cunningham, Ninko, and company to be better at rushing the passer? Maybe some slight progression, but none of those guys showed that they can consistently rush the passer.

Hell, we had Kyle Arrington play rush OLB on some key downs last year to try to get pressure. And this was when Cunningham was healthy. If that's not an indictment on where our pass rush is, then I don't know.

Schefter says that the Ravens thought they had a trade with Da Bears, but time ran out, and now the Pats have, of course, traded the pick......

It'd be funny if they made it so if you took too long and time runs out, they give you a random player.

Autodraft! Best idea ever!

Herp? Sorry dude, I speak employed. I'd love to indulge you but frankly I don't get the cool kid diologue. Should I listen to Wokka Flokka Flame? Am I that lame?
and there's the derp
i-dont-always-herp.jpg

Okay, at #28 I think Ryan Williams at RB before Ingram, both good, Williams more explosive and reportedly a better receiver.

Wilkerson might be the DL, but they can get Jarvis Jenkins mid second so if there's a CB they might like - like Dowling - maybe they go that way and wait for Jenkins. This one goes either way.

If NE wants another top OL to compete at OG - Ben Ijalana. With Watkins and Carpenter gone, Ijalana is the next best OT to OG conversion in the wings.

I still like Bowers, but he can also wait and if they miss there's always Bailey.

Williams' running style is already taking a toll on his body.....and he's a fumbler.......I'll pass.....at this point, if they take an RB, I'd rather have Ingram

Traded away the pick!

Trade, no surprise

And they traded the pick.

Patriots have, shockingly, traded their pick, according to ESPN

Trade ... what a surprise ... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Patriots trade the pick. Not shocking but dissapointing.

Trade down *sigh*.

Pats don't want Ingram... aw well

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes