• He's doesn't suck. He's not great.

Votes: 33 73.3%
  • Sucks? Hell no. He's the man!

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really think that matters that much? Welker caught 100+ balls with Matt Cassell as his QB.

In addition Sam Bradford is not a horrible QB.

No what matters is that you cant accept that DA is a better player than Edelman. That you actually hating a football player for something like this is juvenile, that certain variables and stats that dont back your view are ignored, that nobody can figure out why you would be so angered by Amendola when it was the Pats that gave him the money, that is was not your money and you take this much to personally , that when Healthy, DA will easily earn the money that he was paid (which is all that matters), that he may just never be healthy, which is another issue.

Are you pissed at WW too since he overvalued himself and so did his agent? The Pats at least tried to make a play for someone they thought would be good replacement for WW. When healthy judging by what we saw of him the first half of the Bills game, I am sure he can be that replacement and be productive for many years while WW will be gone sooner than later. Can he stay healthy? Probably not, but if he does, we have a great player.

Now back to your jihad.

Last edited:
danny-amendola-03012014.jpg

"That's enough, Douche Irae. I am going to get up and kick your ***!"

Hmmm..... so you would say that Amendola is not as good as either Edelman or Welker, then, right? Well, is he better than, say, Andrew Hawkins, in your estimation?
At this current time Amendola is a better player than Hawkins, but Hawkins is a converted CB so as he learns to play WR he could become better. In my opinion that is what happened with Edelman last season, he was a college QB who converted to WR in the NFL but saw minimal reps in his first 4 seasons in the NFL, so at the start of the season Amendola was a better WR. Edelman then played 86% of the snaps, saw 151 targets, and of course got first team reps all season long in practice, those reps allowed him to develop as a WR and by the end of the year Edelman was a significantly better player in my opinion. I expect Edelman to improve even more in 2014; at this point, he has been playing WR as long as a 4-year college player with 1 NFL season. Amendola on the other hand was a WR for 4 years in college and 6 years in the NFL, he has a decade of experience understanding routes, coverages, etc.

No what matters is that you cant accept that DA is a better player than Edelman. That you actually hating a football player for something like this is juvenile, that certain variables and stats that dont back your view are ignored, that nobody can figure out why you would be so angered by Amendola when it was the Pats that gave him the money, that is was not your money and you take this much to personally , that when Healthy DA will easily earn the money that he was paid (which is all that matters), that he may just never be healthy, which is another issue.

Are you pissed at WW too since he overvalued himself and so did hi agent? The Pats at least tried to make a play for someone they thought would be good replacement for WW. When healthy judging by what we saw of him the first half of the Bills game, I am sure he can be that replacement and be productive for many years while WW will be gone sooner than later. Can he stay healthy? Probably not, but if he does, we have a great player.

Now back to your jihad.
Danny Amendola is not better than Edelman that was proven last season when Edelman broke 100+ catches, 1000+ yards, and 5+ touchdowns, which is something Amendola has never come close to achieving in his career.

Armond Armstead could be better than JJ Watt, Ras-I Dowling could be better than Darrelle Revis, but until they go on the field and prove that they can do what the others one has already achieved they are not better, and being a delusional player loving fan does not change that. If Amendola goes out this season and catches a 106 balls for 1057 yards, and 7 touchdowns he will be better than Edelman, until then he is not, point, blank, period.

Danny Amendola is not better than Edelman that was proven last season when Edelman broke 100+ catches, 1000+ yards, and 5+ touchdowns, which is something Amendola has never come close to achieving in his career.

Armond Armstead could be better than JJ Watt, Ras-I Dowling could be better than Darrelle Revis, but until they go on the field and prove that they can do what the others one has already achieved they are not better, and being a delusional player loving fan does not change that. If Amendola goes out this season and catches a 106 balls for 1057 yards, and 7 touchdowns he will be better than Edelman, until then he is not, point, blank, period.

Amendola already proved he was a better player before last year. BB confirmed it pay paying him big dollars.

DA got hurt (again) and JE became the primary target in a system that he knows extremely well with the GOAT throwing him the ball. One year of JE dosent change history.

Like Kontra has stated, discussing anything Amedola with you is an exercise in futility and I am done with it.

Last edited:
Amendola already proved he was a better player before last year. BB confirmed it pay paying him big dollars.
Maybe Amendola was a better player when he signed last year, but he is not a better player today and if he was he would be the first team receiver in minicamp and OTAs like he was last season, but he is not he is behind Edelman.
DA got hurt (again) and JE became the primary target in a system that he knows extremely well with the GOAT throwing him the ball. One year of JE docent change history.
I do not care what Amendola did in the past, he could have been better in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012, but right now today he is a not as good as Edelman. You see it is called a breakout season, which is not unusual when a player goes from having never played more than 24% of the team’s offensive snaps in the first 4 season to 86%. Amendola has been playing the majority of the offensive snaps for 5 seasons. You see if Edelman was playing in St Louis and Amendola was here backing up Welker and two of the best tight ends in football I really doubt he would have had much production at all.
Like Kontra has stated discussing anything Amedola with you is an exercise in futility and I am done with it.
Yeah he said that about the same time he realized that my argument is valid and although he likes to believe Amendola is, a better player because after all he is the next Welker, there is nothing even remotely close to suggesting that he is anything more than an average run of the mill slot receiver. You are at that point now too so you will also attempt to say something witty to disguise that you have nothing and then go on your way believing you made a point here.

@Bruins29 you act as if you are any different. You engage in the same discussions with the same level of involvement, you actually become angrier and more emotional about it than I do. You have the opposite view, you do not change it at all no matter what I or anyone else says to you, so talking about Amendola with you is an exercise in futility as well. Do not act like you are something different than I am, you posted in this thread before I did, you are the one that turned my last thread that was about the entire roster into an Amendola debate.

@Bruins29 you act as if you are any different. You engage in the same discussions with the same level of involvement, you actually become angrier and more emotional about it than I do. You have the opposite view, you do not change it at all no matter what I or anyone else says to you, so talking about Amendola with you is an exercise in futility as well. Do not act like you are something different than I am, you posted in this thread before I did, you are the one that turned my last thread that was about the entire roster into an Amendola debate.

And in typical fashion you blame others for you bad behavior. Its always everyone else with you. The only thing we know is that I have no bias and can look at things objectively, you cant.

And if you can't see why this thread was started (because of your "issue") then I am afraid you will never get it

danny.amendola.jpg

And in typical fashion you blame others for you bad behavior. Its always everyone else with you. The only thing we know is that I have no bias and can look at things objectively, you cant.

And you you can see why this thread was started because of your "issue" then I am afraid you will never get it

danny.amendola.jpg
Bad behavior, what exactly have I done that was bad? I posted football facts in a football forum about a football player. If someone does not agree with my opinion that is fine but it does not make it bad behavior. I did not know that my having a legitimate argument for why Amendola is not that good of a player equates to bad behavior.

The thread was started because of more than just me, do not try and pass the buck, 99.9% of my posts are in response to someone who quoted me. You need to look in the mirror because what you have said here is the definition of hypercritical.

I am going to try to follow the logic...

You dismiss the one healthy game Amendola played last year (actually HALF a game) when I say injuries are the only reason one could argue Amendola sucks.

Now you offer up "proof" that Edelman is better than Amendola with a season of numbers. ONE season of numbers. Proof. One season. That is the logic?

SCOTT MITCHELL
YEAR TEAM G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Rate
1995 Lions 16 16 583 346 59.3 4338 7.4 91t 32 12 92.3

How many QB's of that era didn't have a season like that? By your logic Mitchell's season is proof that he is better. I won't bother naming some of the QB's you believe you have proof that Mitchell is better than.

There are many, many one-season wonders who have proven (according to you) that they are better than some of the greats.

I believe that Edelman will end up having a better career than Amendola because I have seen nothing to make me believe Amendola can stay healthy. Not that Edelman has a great history of staying healthy....in fact, really only one healthy year...hmmmm.

If there was a magic spell to make all of these players healthy, Amendola would be better. My OPINION, of course.

Someone asked me why Amendola was not starting I explained why he was not, you came along and took expectation with it so I disputed what you said. Deus opened this thread I came in and outlined why I was did not think Amendola was that good, you quoted my posts and we went back and forth in about Amendola. I am having a difficult time identifying the bad behavior and how it was just me who led to this thread being opened. Was I part of the reason absolutely I was but so were you and anyone else who has been engaged in the Amendola discussion over the past few days.

Someone asked me why Amendola was not starting I explained why he was not, you came along and took expectation with it so I disputed what you said. Deus opened this thread I came in and outlined why I was did not think Amendola was that good, you quoted my posts and we went back and forth in about Amendola. I am having a difficult time identifying the bad behavior and how it was just me who led to this thread being opened. Was I part of the reason absolutely I was but so were you and anyone else who has been engaged in the Amendola discussion over the past few days.

Total lie. You stated JE was a better player than DA in another thread today and the rest was history. You knew exactly what would happen as this is exactly what you want anyway so you can pad your post counts. That is all this is about with you. Quantity and not quality.

And when one of the most respected posters tells you that you are the reason this place sucks you better believe you are an issue here.

I am going to try to follow the logic...

You dismiss the one healthy game Amendola played last year (actually HALF a game) when I say injuries are the only reason one could argue Amendola sucks.

Now you offer up "proof" that Edelman is better than Amendola with a season of numbers. ONE season of numbers. Proof. One season. That is the logic?

SCOTT MITCHELL
YEAR TEAM G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Rate
1995 Lions 16 16 583 346 59.3 4338 7.4 91t 32 12 92.3

How many QB's of that era didn't have a season like that? By your logic Mitchell's season is proof that he is better. I won't bother naming some of the QB's you believe you have proof that Mitchell is better than.

There are many, many one-season wonders who have proven (according to you) that they are better than some of the greats.

I believe that Edelman will end up having a better career than Amendola because I have seen nothing to make me believe Amendola can stay healthy. Not that Edelman has a great history of staying healthy....in fact, really only one healthy year...hmmmm.

If there was a magic spell to make all of these players healthy, Amendola would be better. My OPINION, of course.
The season was not that impressive; he had a completion percentage of under 60% and threw 12 interceptions. It was overhyped much like Amendola’s game in week 1 of the season.

Now I look at a player who has 6 seasons in the NFL and has a career high of 689 yards in a season, is still in single digits for career touchdowns, and averages less than 10 yards a catch. What I see is an average run of the mill slot receiver who has 4-5 very good games in his 6 year career so people think that he can do that 16 games a season and lean on some injury for a reason that it has not happen. Here is the thing though, part of being a good player is training your body to sustain through an entire season, will there be season when a freak injury occurs or you take a bad hit sure, but overall training your body so groin muscles do not tear in week 1 of the season is important. Another thing that great slot receiver do is they minimize the number of brutal hits they take; they work on technique to avoid hits, or position their bodies for impact. Will they take the occasional big blow absolutely but in most case you saw Welker slide to the right and avoid a hit that you thought was going to be catastrophic. I can accept an injury as an excuse from Mayo or Wilfork last season but I am not going to sit here and accept that Amendola who has played just 24 of the last 48 regular season games holds no responsibility for that. He should be on the field and producing that is what he is paid to do, he never is on the field consistently, he has not been ever. What is going to change in 2014? This entire Amendola is great theory is what built on the hope that we get lucky in 2014 and he does not get injured? Hope is not a strategy.

Total lie. You stated JE was a better player than DA in another thread today and the rest was history. You knew exactly what would happen as this is exactly what you want anyway so you can pad your post counts. That is all this is about with you. Quantity and not quality.

And when one of the most respected posters tells you that you are the reason this place sucks you better believe you are an issue here.
He said the post I wrote was an example of it, and he is one of the most confrontational posters on this board so give that a break, he posted that because he wanted to say something and that is what came to mind. You have quoted my posts more than 75% of the time that your post on this board over the past year and you are going to sit here and suggest that you are the innocent. **** at least I own the fact that I am part of it you are sitting here trying to make it as if I am posting back and forth with myself and you are just the victim of my crusade against Amendola.

Now like I said on personal message yesterday if you are going to try and twist every discussion we have into you taking issue with me personally or as a member on this board then I am putting you on ignore, it is unnecessary and immature. Talk about football, talk about Amendola, or another player, but this need to stop.

I am done with it. Its useless. If you need to get the last word in, go ahead.

Total lie. You stated JE was a better player than DA in another thread today and the rest was history.
I did, I know I never said I did not, the poster asked me why I Amendola was not starting on my roster, I said because Edelman is a better player and Amendola does not fit as an X-WR. What is the issue with that? I cannot believe that Edelman is a better player, that is bad behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back