PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official "Damn, man. That's WAY too Early" Pats vs Colts Pre-Pre Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colts fans would give up their 1 or 2 remaining teeth to keep this game within a couple touchdowns. They have this intense dislike for all things Pats that surpasses the hate we get from any other fanbase. I think a lot of it has to do with them still caring about Peyton and his legacy (how cute) and knowing Brady ended that debate. They've somehow deluded themselves into thinking "We only have 1 ring from a decade ago, but we won it the right way" as if pumping in crowd noise, turning up the heat in their dome, and begging the league to change passing rules is somehow the right way.

I don't think the team takes it as personal as us fans. To them and Belichick it's just another conference game that they have to win. Brady might be the one extra pumped up, because you know the fans will be mocking him. Which by seeing the results offensively (averaging over 37 pts per game), might be a huge mistake by them.

That being said, they aren't just going to lay down just because we Patriot's fans wanna see the Pats smack them down by 60 points. It's kinda like when Pats fans were saying, Seattle was screwed because of Deflategate and the Pats were gonna crush them because they are angry. Pats won by only 4 (thank god). Just because we take it personally doesn't mean the team does. Do I think we win, yes I do, but do I think we cover ? Maybe. But nothing is a given in the NFL. I'm sure Belichick will motivate them to play a full 60 minutes and probably rip them for giving up 5 sacks and have them grounded and ready.

I could see something like a 30-14 win, but I could also see something like a 27-24 win. Colts might be really motivated too due to our Pats always crushing them. No team just lies down and takes a beating, hopefully the Pats impose their will and do their job and come out with a healthy win.

Colts fans would give up their 1 or 2 remaining teeth to keep this game within a couple touchdowns. They have this intense dislike for all things Pats that surpasses the hate we get from any other fanbase. I think a lot of it has to do with them still caring about Peyton and his legacy (how cute) and knowing Brady ended that debate. They've somehow deluded themselves into thinking "We only have 1 ring from a decade ago, but we won it the right way" as if pumping in crowd noise, turning up the heat in their dome, and begging the league to change passing rules is somehow the right way.

You left out purposely losing games in order to gain the 1st pick of a draft.

Integrity of the league and all..........

Brady will be amped up, BB has been thinking about this for a while.. meanwhile back at the bowels of Gillette Ernie Adams and Mike Lombardi are hunkered down and have been making some nefarious plans to embarrass this team..

Two weeks on the road will have some effect, but no where near the effect of external motivation for this team... do not expect 50 points, but expect a healthy win.. with or without Andrew Luck. He is getting close to Peyton for becoming the worse TV pitchman ever.. here kitty kitty.

It's kinda like when Pats fans were saying, Seattle was screwed because of Deflategate and the Pats were gonna crush them because they are angry. Pats won by only 4 (thank god). Just because we take it personally doesn't mean the team does.

No, it's nothing even close to that.

1) Seattle was not personally involved in Deflategate.

2) The Patriots have had months to prepare for this game. The lead up to the SB,the Patriots HC had to waste 4.5 days learning about physical science and giving two impromptu press conferences.

3) And Seattle was actually a good/great team. There is that to take into consideration also. The Patriots match up well against this team and keeping it close would have to be a conscious effort on the Patriots' part. Do you think they would CHOOSE to go easy on them?

So the analogy to the Seattle Super Bowl could not be further from this reality.

Last edited:
I don't think the team takes it as personal as us fans. To them and Belichick it's just another conference game that they have to win. Brady might be the one extra pumped up, because you know the fans will be mocking him. Which by seeing the results offensively (averaging over 37 pts per game), might be a huge mistake by them.

That being said, they aren't just going to lay down just because we Patriot's fans wanna see the Pats smack them down by 60 points. It's kinda like when Pats fans were saying, Seattle was screwed because of Deflategate and the Pats were gonna crush them because they are angry. Pats won by only 4 (thank god). Just because we take it personally doesn't mean the team does. Do I think we win, yes I do, but do I think we cover ? Maybe. But nothing is a given in the NFL. I'm sure Belichick will motivate them to play a full 60 minutes and probably rip them for giving up 5 sacks and have them grounded and ready.

I could see something like a 30-14 win, but I could also see something like a 27-24 win. Colts might be really motivated too due to our Pats always crushing them. No team just lies down and takes a beating, hopefully the Pats impose their will and do their job and come out with a healthy win.

All of the crap, deflategate, blimps, Colt fan base hatred, Brady slams is meaningless to the outcome of this or any game.

Once the ball is kicked off, the team that plays better and scores more, wins. Pretty obvious statement I know, but also 100% true.

That said, by far, NE is the better team and whether it is the 2nd away game or not, that isn't going to change. Of course the Colts will be super motivated to,prevent yet another blow out, but, they cannot do it, they do not have the horses to do it, not even close.

Barring injury, this will be another blow out of an Indy team no where near what they were last year, when we blew them out, twice.

Until the Indy D shows anything, hard to imagine them stopping NE. If Luck returns, he's gotta show he won't throw INTs, something he's done plenty of...

Someone is shaking in his boots and already waving the white flag:

Bob Kravitz ‏@bkravitz 7h7 hours ago

Watching the patriots crushing the Cowboys and can't come up with a scenario how the colts will beat NE much less compete with them. Truth
I'm disappointed in Bob as he seems incapable of using his imagination. Withthe colts direct line to the NFL*, they should be able to get a special waiver to deflate their footballs by .4 or even 1 psi. This should ensure that all footballs are thrown with perfect accuracy and the RBs will never fumble.:rolleyes:
I hate to throw cold water on this but it's the second game in a back to back road trip where the home team has two days extra rest. This is where upsets tend to happen even when the teams are grossly mismatched.

I'm cautiously optimistic we'll win but I wouldn't take this one for granted.
an upset, to me, would be the Colts being within 2 scores by the end of the game. The schedule makers have set it up favorably for the Colts and even that won't hep them come Sunday evening.

What's the betting the Colts attempt to over inflate the balls prior to the game (like the Jets did last season)?

I wouldn't put anything past them.

1/4 of the year done. Where are we on "The most important issue on the face of the Earth" !? And why don't I have my numbers yet ?

This week is going to be full of annoying media so let's have some fun before this forum turns into a link fest to blogs of people we hate.

Personally, I'm licking my lips at the thought of this game. I feel bad for Colts players. They're going to get an extra bit of whipping that is entirely the fault of their drunken, drugged up and spoiled rich kid owner.
Felger is already whining in her high pitched shrill voice..... "Why are Patriot fans blaming the Colts??"

This is going to be a fuuuuun week. :D

Does anyone know which crew will be reffing this game?

I hate to throw cold water on this but it's the second game in a back to back road trip where the home team has two days extra rest. This is where upsets tend to happen even when the teams are grossly mismatched.

I'm cautiously optimistic we'll win but I wouldn't take this one for granted.
I agree. Instead of 72-0 it will be 67-9. :)

I hold no ill will toward Luck--quite the opposite, really, because the Patriots have OWNED him and the Colts, so I don't mind him in the least. Same with the rest of the roster, they're just good enough to get into the playoffs, and just bad enough to get annihilated by the Pats, that's as good a combo as I can think of.

That said, I despise Irsay and Grigson, I loathe Doyle and Kravitz. And in general I hate the NFL league offices, especially Goodell, Kensil and Vincent. Those six individuals are pond scum, and I want to Pats to not only destroy the Colts this week, but lay waste to every team they play this year. I want it to be so embarrassing every week that non-Pats fans stop watching, that every person with any NFL interest knows this Championship year is a foregone conclusion and lose all interest because the Patriots are that damn good, with 'properly inflated' footballs--as if that was ever a question to begin with.

This week, to me, isn't about retribution, this is game 5 on the 2015 F U Tour that ends in Santa Clara on February 7th, 2016, against whichever NFC team has the unfortunate task of getting curb stomped by the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes