PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 2020 UDFA Signing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely the concern. Maybe going undrafted while watching his teammates go really high will light a fire? Or maybe he's just lazy and he does nothing here. Who knows. But I had him in round one at this time last year. I thought he would be a Cameron Jordan type it he took the next step in 2019. Obviously, he crashed hard. Tough to gauge attitude and motivation from just watching one season of games.

I remember him from 2017 when watching Russell & i thought now there's a stud for the future together with Brown and Davidson. They went #7 and #47 and Coe mishandled himself into udfa. He is lucky BB has a thing for fallen studs ;)

Here's an interesting tape from his freshman year where there's still some hunger and spark in a very raw player (#91). Also interesting to see him go 1v1 against Wynn (#77):

And here another interesting tape vs Alabama where he shines quite a few times in the second part of the game. (also good watch if people want to feel better about Stidham taking the wheel):

I remember him from 2017 when watching Russell & i thought now there's a stud for the future together with Brown and Davidson. They went #7 and #47 and Coe mishandled himself into udfa. He is lucky BB has a thing for fallen studs ;)

Here's an interesting tape from his freshman year where there's still some hunger and spark in a very raw player (#91). Also interesting to see him go 1v1 against Wynn (#77):

And here another interesting tape vs Alabama where he shines quite a few times in the second part of the game. (also good watch if people want to feel better about Stidham taking the wheel):

Reminds me of Cowart last year. Big time talent early on that **** himself during college. Pats definitely don't mind taking a shot with these guys. Every year we take shots on guys like that. Id throw Stidham in there as well. Big time confidence in their coaching staff.

Fell asleep during meetings? My kinda guy.

Sounds like it could be a legit mental health problem that gets missed with the focus on individualism and self motivation on sports teams. Wonder if a pill coupled with some cognitive therapy might just as useful as a new set of coaches.

First play JJ Taylor is in man coverage against the LB. Beats the LB with ease with leverage.

Slightly different to the play above. The defence is in a man scheme again. If the ball is placed better taylor is off to the races.

RT gets beaten and before taylor leeks out of the backfield, he picks up the DE, which helps the QB step up in the pocket.

Sorry the quality isn't great, first time messing around with cuts.

He looked INCREDIBLE at times in 2018, then fell off a cliff this season. He's a mess with his technique. Serious potential if he puts it all together. He's my early pick for the annual UDFA who makes the squad.

Are you referring to Coe?

Are you referring to Coe?

Yes, correct. A few times he took over games. Then he fell apart. The question is whether he'll be able to get his head on straight and listen to coaches.

Sean Riley info from an article I found on Syracuse.com:

Riley spent most of the pre-draft process working out at Grossetti Performance in Pittsburgh and sent tape from a mock pro day to NFL teams. He said he ran a 3.99-second short shuttle and 6.41-second L-drill during the workout, both of which would’ve led all receivers at the NFL Scouting Combine. Riley also said he clocked a personal-best 4.42-second 40-yard dash, which would’ve tied for seventh.

Former Syracuse WR Sean Riley signs with Patriots

Looks like Bill thinks they are good at receiver:

How can we be sure this is the "official" UDFA thread???

This could be from the president of Nigeria.

Looks like Bill thinks they are good at receiver:

Vote of confidence in N’Keal.

Hope he’s right. I’d love to see him break out.

Seems as though there is a whole lot of folks upset ever the lack of a speedy WR, surprised how no one mentioned "stretching the field" ..

My prediction is our O next season will look a lot like the one #12 led early on, a dink and dunk type of offense.. which may be more appropriate game plan than what folks are used to.

A few bad boys with potential. Coe, Thomas, Hill could all have been drafted fairly high if they had better character, work ethic, etc. Of course that means they likely won't make it here but there's definite upside there.

For what I have seen so far the crop of udfa's are looking interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft