PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***THE OFFICIAL 2015 NFL Rounds 4-7draft thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree in part we did try to sign Stevie Johnson so there clearly is room for another WR.

And a RB who can catch..

If the Pats see a guy they think they can get on the cheap with huge upside, they will go after even if it isn't a need. I think that is what they saw with Johnson. His stock is way down after two really crappy years, but may still be capable of being a 1,000 WR if motivated. He was pretty much the only WR they went after other than guys who are most likely camp fodder.

Plus they tried to get Johnson before Amendola took a pay cut. If they added Johnson, they probably would have let Amendola go.

The talking heads at espn, including Mel Kiper like the last section by the Patriots.

Sadly, my first thought was that I should be concerned about the Pats' choice of Tre' Flowers.

Chicago just shook from an earthquake.

Not what the Jets fans I know are saying. And you know they won't win without TB12 how? Pure opinion, conjecture, speculation on your part.....unless of course you are clairvoyant.

Not clairvoyant. I just remember the pre-Brady pats. Even with Bledsoe the team didn't win the SB.

BB is the best coach the pats have ever had; I am just saying that the 4 titles are more a result of lucking into TB than BB coaching.

Feel free to disagree and I hope I am wrong and the pats continue to win.

Good day so far. Love the pff stats Manx posted regarding Flowers. Makes me feel real good about the Flowers pick. Tre Jackson is a beast of a value.

Not sure about any of the corners left in the draft but I would like to complete the trifecta of Tre's with McBride.

Other notables Mike Davis, Shaq Mason would be ideal for me.

Not sure how to take the Flowers pick but I like Jackson. Definitely a mauler that we're going to need on the interior OL given who we'll be facing within the division.

Arizona went so far off the board that NFL.com cant find his name to update the draft tracker! lol
Arizona has some intelligent people in their front office.

They have obviously decided to emulate the success of the Patriots by building their own board based strictly on their own team and schemes, and ignoring the consensus of the national media.

:D

Last year's championship was won at QB and DB.
Brady dropped back 51 times and was only sacked once ... a coverage sack ... O-Line was superb in pass protection.

The funny thing is no one would be complaining if you swapped Richards and Jackson:

1. Malcom Brown
2. Tre Jackson
3. Geneo Grissom
4. Trey Flowers
5. Jordan Richards

Other than Grissom most people would have liked that draft order

Not sure how to take the Flowers pick but I like Jackson. Definitely a mauler that we're going to need on the interior OL given who we'll be facing within the division.

Getting heavier on OL and lighter on DL

The times, they are a changin'

Kontra do you think he's a day 1 one starter for us?

Considering the D-line talent in Buffalo, Miami, and the Jets, the Pats NEEDED to add a OG. Tre Jackson should be that OG.. He should be able to stand up to the likes of Williams, Suh, and Wilkerson..Hopefully, in time, he'll be able to handle them one on one.

And there goes Shaw.

Shaw got picked. Good for him.

Josh Shaw off the board. Bengals must have read about his off the field incident and fallen in love with him

There goes Shaw the CB..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back