PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Krafts are relentless in their assault on Belichick's coaching.

The press does their thing it's all BS I'm going off of my own anger on them firing Bill.
There was no charge being led. For a couple years Bill didn't want to give Brady a long term deal because he had him locked up until he was 42. Brady decided he was going to leave if he didn't get what he wanted and Kraft agreed not to give in to Brady and instead gave him a no franchise clause and in essence facilitated his exit.
So basically Bill is absolved of Brady leaving and all the good things during the dynasty were Bill but all the bad things that happened as soon as Bill started losing without Brady were due to mean old Mr Kraft meddling. Got it. At least you admit you're not being objective here.

Stuff like this is the reason that I lost respect for Kraft years ago and nothing he has done recently has led me to believe that I mis judged him. He is a vile, vicious little man and has zero integrity. This is not about being team Bill or anything like that. My disdain for him started during deflategate when he threw Tom to the wolves and he is doing it again to Bill. He is also responsible for the mess this franchise is in because I do believe he forced Mac on to Bill and the results speak for themselves. I really wish the Krafts would sell the team or they would be forced out. He has gone from being one of the best owners to one of the worst IMO. If they keep Mac and we end up with the same record next season then whom will he blame???
I agree with most of what you said but I don't want them to sell as much as they suck they still some how get a lot right and did keep the team in New England. They just need to stop medaling and stop stealing valor and just be the vile businessmen that they are.

Later... He says, "I dreamed of going to the Super Bowl way before we owned the team."

What's he dreaming of? He was there 5 years ago. It was no longer a dream
Putting words in his mouth again. The statement was made by present RKK (when the film was made), not in 2002. The next shot is a dirt explosion in 1971 of when Foxboro stadium was being built, so it was a nice segue to the past of how he planned to acquire the team.

2002 version (11:52 in the show) actually did say, "I feel very fortunate our family is back in the Super Bowl."

And if Kraft is such a great owner, why did he let Brady leave? I do not believe that it was entirely Bill’s decision, Kraft is back peddling in his slimy way and wants us to believe that he had nothing to do with it. That is BS and every one that believes Bill single-handedly made that decision is Naive. Kraft wants everyone including Tom to view him favourably, what a crock !!! He is a petty and arrogant person and I can’t stand him anymore!!! If my love for the Patriots wasn’t this deep, I would have stopped watching them because of the mess he has made.
Bill has handled all this with class, the Krafts have done the opposite!!!!

So basically Bill is absolved of Brady leaving and all the good things during the dynasty were Bill but all the bad things that happened as soon as Bill started losing without Brady were due to mean old Mr Kraft meddling. Got it. At least you admit you're not being objective here.
No there are plenty of things Bill has done that piss me off. The only thing that absolves Bill of that are the rings.

Stuff like this is the reason that I lost respect for Kraft years ago and nothing he has done recently has led me to believe that I mis judged him. He is a vile, vicious little man and has zero integrity. This is not about being team Bill or anything like that. My disdain for him started during deflategate when he threw Tom to the wolves and he is doing it again to Bill. He is also responsible for the mess this franchise is in because I do believe he forced Mac on to Bill and the results speak for themselves. I really wish the Krafts would sell the team or they would be forced out. He has gone from being one of the best owners to one of the worst IMO. If they keep Mac and we end up with the same record next season then whom will he blame???
The Bill spin control team is wild. The one thing I agree with in this ridiculous post is not liking when RKK caved to the other 31 and threw Brady under the bus with deflategate. Other than that this narrative that all the bad players picked and bad things that happened post-Brady are all on Kraft is just laughable Bill homer delusion. If we want to believe that Bill didn't get final say on how to build his team then **** Rehbein and Brady should be getting a statue built outside of Gillette instead of Bill and Brady.

Your hero failed you in the end. It is okay to admit it. This ludicrous revisionist history about all bad decisions being Kraft and all good decisions being Bill just embarrasses you Team Bill people even further. Sometimes you just need to admit defeat.

No there are plenty of things Bill has done that piss me off. The only thing that absolves Bill of that are the rings.
I'm sorry but rings don't absolve Bill of what happened since the last Super Bowl. Not doing everything in his power to retain Brady. Not doing a full tear down in 2020. Doubling down on not rebuilding in 2021 when he spent a bunch of money on mostly subpar to average free agents in 2021. One of the flat out dumbest decisions in NFL coaching history putting a DC at OC in year two of your first round quarterback's career. Allegedly trying to double down on that already asinine decision the next year and still maintaining a pissing contest with your young QB. Sprinkle in some of the absolutely terrible drafts and mismanagement of the offensive personnel as whole and the good will is gone.

No other coach would have survived the Patricia experiment and Bill shouldn't have been the exception but mean old Mr Kraft gave him another shot and how was Kraft rewarded by believing in Bill after such an awful decision? With a 4 win football team and another year of complete dysfunction.

The Bill spin control team is wild. The one thing I agree with in this ridiculous post is not liking when RKK caved to the other 31 and threw Brady under the bus with deflategate. Other than that this narrative that all the bad players picked and bad things that happened post-Brady are all on Kraft is just laughable Bill homer delusion. If we want to believe that Bill didn't get final say on how to build his team then **** Rehbein and Brady should be getting a statue built outside of Gillette instead of Bill and Brady.

Your hero failed you in the end. It is okay to admit it. This ludicrous revisionist history about all bad decisions being Kraft and all good decisions being Bill just embarrasses you Team Bill people even further. Sometimes you just need to admit defeat.
Every time someone defends Bill in the slightest you have to make snide remarks . Bill is not my 'hero' as you put it. But then neither is Tom my hero like he is yours. I don't intend to speak ill of a coach that helped us win 6 Sb;s even though you probably think it was entirely Brady that did that and I think it was them together that did that. I stand by what I think and feel and right now I have zero respect for the ownership of this franchise and the way they have spoken about Bill since his departure . They have no class whatsoever and it only makes them look bad !!!!

Kraft is an egomaniac.

Listening to Kraft any decision that Bill made that went well was "we" and the ones that blew up was "him", he wants the credit for the good but none of the blame for the bad.

When he's hoisting the Lombardis it's look at what I DID, when they team sucks it's look at this schmuck Bill the so called genius.

Every time someone defends Bill in the slightest you have to make snide remarks . Bill is not my 'hero' as you put it. But then neither is Tom my hero like he is yours. I don't intend to speak ill of a coach that helped us win 6 Sb;s even though you probably think it was entirely Brady that did that and I think it was them together that did that. I stand by what I think and feel and right now I have zero respect for the ownership of this franchise and the way they have spoken about Bill since his departure . They have no class whatsoever and it only makes them look bad !!!!
I completely respect your right to feel differently than I do about any of what happened and I am sorry as my post was a bit harsh but it was meant more in the general sense than towards you specifically when it comes to defending Bill. The thing that drives me nuts is the notion the Kraft forced Bill to take Mac. If Mac was a success we would have never heard that nonsense and it would have been Bill the genius keeps the train rolling along. Bill deserves a ton of credit for everything that he accomplished in a quarter century here but he also deserves a ton of blame for how things have gone the last 5 years. Moral of the story for me is he shouldn't get credit for all the good and then be able to deflect blame onto everyone else for the bad.

I was very upset with Bill when he let Brady walk too.
Unfortunately the team wasn't drafting well to give Brady much to work with. Gronk called it quits. They shouldve let Brady pick the wr in the draft but people would've balked at that

I completely respect your right to feel differently than I do about any of what happened and I am sorry as my post was a bit harsh but it was meant more in the general sense than towards you specifically when it comes to defending Bill. The thing that drives me nuts is the notion the Kraft forced Bill to take Mac. If Mac was a success we would have never heard that nonsense and it would have been Bill the genius keeps the train rolling along. Bill deserves a ton of credit for everything that he accomplished in a quarter century here but he also deserves a ton of blame for how things have gone the last 5 years. Moral of the story for me is he shouldn't get credit for all the good and then be able to deflect blame onto everyone else for the bad.
Obviously we all can't keep track of everyone's opinions but I've given Bill plenty of crap for Mac.

Putting words in his mouth again. The statement was made by present RKK (when the film was made), not in 2002. The next shot is a dirt explosion in 1971 of when Foxboro stadium was being built, so it was a nice segue to the past of how he planned to acquire the team.

2002 version (11:52 in the show) actually did say, "I feel very fortunate our family is back in the Super Bowl."
How do you know what it's in relation to? The filmmaker put it right in relation to the '01 Super Bowl.

You're contradicting yourself here. The 2nd comment was from 20 years ago. Not the 1st. Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.

Unfortunately the team wasn't drafting well to give Brady much to work with. Gronk called it quits. They shouldve let Brady pick the wr in the draft but people would've balked at that
They desperately tried to give Brady guys to work with. In hindsight, they shouldn't have because they wasted so much draft ammo. They traded draft picks for Demaryious, AB, Dorsett, and heck, even Sanu. A 2nd. This is in addition to Harry. We wasted so many picks that year and none of them worked out. And even worse, the Patriots did this when 4 starters on the OL were hurt, and even a backup.

Team Bill in shambles. Even ESPN draft articles have them triggered.
Agreed, watching episode 4 of the documentary.. Kraft took a lot of heat for Bill with spy gate for example.

How do you know what it's in relation to? The filmmaker put it right in relation to the '01 Super Bowl.

You're contradicting yourself here. The 2nd comment was from 20 years ago. Not the 1st. Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.
Very confused by what you're saying.

You said:

Watching the Dynasty last night, episode 3, Kraft talked about the great accomplishment of making the Super Bowl FINALLY in '01. I was like, um, you made it in '96.
Later... He says, "I dreamed of going to the Super Bowl way before we owned the team."

Your statement above definitely sounds like you're thinking 2002 version of Kraft said that "dream" line, but it was ~2023 version who said the dream line, so he wasn't "there 5 years ago [in 2018]."

As a reminder of what I said:

The line was a segway [sic] immediately to 1971 close to the beginning of when Kraft planned to buy the team - clear as day what the filmmakers were doing there. Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.

Last edited:
Very confused by what you're saying.

You said:

Watching the Dynasty last night, episode 3, Kraft talked about the great accomplishment of making the Super Bowl FINALLY in '01. I was like, um, you made it in '96.

Your statement above definitely sounds like you're thinking 2002 version of Kraft said that "dream" line, but it was ~2023 version who said the dream line, so he wasn't "there 5 years ago [in 2018]."

As a reminder of what I said:

The line was a segway [sic] immediately to 1971 close to the beginning of when Kraft planned to buy the team - clear as day what the filmmakers were doing there. Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.
OP rearranges things in his head to fit his timelines and agendas.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back