PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Josh Gordon Thread: Pats Officially Acquire Gordon for Fifth-Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Dez and then convince Pit to agree to a trade for LVB.

Watch football fans across the country curl up and rock back and forth with their thumbs in their mouths. :D

and then chain them all to a radiator between games, I guess, because there's absolutely no way this timeline doesn't end with two of them suspended for life, and with the locker room imploding 2009-style as collateral damage.

I do believe you can 'get away' with having one high-management, headcase type on your team, if the culture around him is established and strict enough and you're winning enough to hold the negativity at bay. Once you get a few, though, the balance can turn alarmingly quickly.

Last edited:
Holy crap.

If BB cuts this deal that means he sees the WR position a lot more dire situation than I thought.

Well, I mean, I see Edelman (hopefully back up to speed) and three #2/3's when I look at the Pats WR corps. What do you see? What do you think BB or Josh see?

Gordon is a Hail Mary. Sometimes it's worth throwing them. To me, the Pats are down at the half and in a place too far for Gost to kick 3, bot not too far for Brady to reach the end zone. Throw it!

Well this might be gordon’s last hurrah. If he messes up here then his career is likely over.

Please get this done. Pleeeeeassseeee

What number is Brady gonna switch to now?

12 is taken...

Photo3.png

Last edited:
More detail on my Gordon thoughts. I'm not against making a deal to get him automatically. I am against giving up too much to do it.

Let's say Gordon plays the full year and then gets popped next year. The Pats are on the hook for whatever conditional pick they gave up for him and such an outcome is what I fear the most.

For instance if they give up a conditional 3rd if he plays for the year and then he gets popped in the off season they are on the hook for a 3rd. And that could be for a player that isn't all that good this year.

I do wonder if the browns are trying to use the pats being interested to get a sweeter deal from someone else.

I think everyone should take a pause, the reason they want to get rid of him, is after finally being available to play, he hurt himself in a non-team sanctioned photo-shoot. So he is hurt, and one more mistake from another one year ban.

I support this acquisition and have coveted this gent for years. Sign this beast.

Dude do you have to be negative about everything?

My dad is like this, but in his case I just chalk it up to being a Sox fan from 1960-2003. Set expectations low enough and you're impossible to disappoint. My grandfather was the same way, lived 78 years and the Sox never won one. He died in 2003, so we were ever-so-slightly pissed off in 2004 since even finally winning the WS after 86 years felt like kind of a **** you to him.

As for why we have fans who are still like this despite presumably being much younger and having spent most of their sports-fan life watching our teams rack up titles? I have no idea, it really defies comprehension.

More detail on my Gordon thoughts. I'm not against making a deal to get him automatically. I am against giving up too much to do it.

Let's say Gordon plays the full year and then gets popped next year. The Pats are on the hook for whatever conditional pick they gave up for him and such an outcome is what I fear the most.

For instance if they give up a conditional 3rd if he plays for the year and then he gets popped in the off season they are on the hook for a 3rd. And that could be for a player that isn't all that good this year.

He’s a RFA next season i believe.

Dude do you have to be negative about everything?
Im sorry your right but Ive wanted him since the supplemental draft.
This would blow my mind.
Everyone on this board knows ive been pounding the table for Gordon.
I would sacrifice any player not named Brady Gronk Brown Gilmore Flowers to get a motivated sober Gordon.
Its Moss 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back