PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The future of Matt Patricia

It would be best to cut ties with him completely. He's bad news.

It all started with Malcolm Butler.
Then Hightower saying the defense is easier to understand since his departure.
Then Detroit players wanted him gone the minute he entered the locker room.
Now Bourne magically disappears with him as the play caller and multiple players are questioning him.
He's already got a rep w/ the players. There's value in that. I'd keep him around just to keep the players in line. Anyone that steps out of line gets to spend 30 minutes in the john w/ Matt while he's taking a dump.

We'll have the most disciplined team in the league.

“Wow, why the hell are they hiring Patricia! He sucks!”

”So you think you’re smarter than Bill? Six rings. I think he knows a little more about the coaches than you. Stop complaining and be a real fan.”

———

“What a horrible season! The offense was dismal.”

”How’s Bill supposed to win with Matt Patricia calling plays? No head coach can win with an idiot like that. Patricia sucks! Luckily we’re in good hands and I trust Bill will find the right guy while a lot of you amateur, spoiled fans complain about whatever decision he makes, as if you know better. Six rings. Be a real fan”

”So you think you’re smarter than Bill? Six rings. I think he knows a little more about the coaches than you. Stop complaining and be a real fan.”

———

”How’s Bill supposed to win with Matt Patricia calling plays? No head coach can win with an idiot like that. Patricia sucks! Luckily we’re in good hands and I trust Bill will find the right guy while a lot of you amateur, spoiled fans complain about whatever decision he makes, as if you know better. Six rings. Be a real fan”
My favorite cop out excuse is "it just didn't work out".

He was an excellent defensive coach so I don't see why he wouldn't return there to a positional coach with additional duties assisting Bill.
The team had success while he was DC, but I don't hear a lot of people touting him as some kind of defensive genius. No one was sad when he left.

Bend don't break felt like the defensive equivalent of a Cam Newton led offence. Only when Patricia was DC he had a stacked roster. I'd rather see Stephen Belichick in the role than Patricia.

———

Lmao what an accurate assessment

My favorite cop out excuse is "it just didn't work out".
don't forget this one...

BB said blame him if it didnt work out. it didnt work out. this is on Bill. fix it. which they are doing. hence this thread.

Wonder if he will get a OC or DC job elsewhere.

I'm an outsider. Please don't judge too harshly. However, I always thought his NE defenses were bend but not break style. Which can work. But it's playing with fire. I thought they were more aggressive with Flores and didn't play prevent much.

Regardless, Patricia can coach defense on some level. He isn't a complete bum.

Lol like it is fine to just toss out a year of your quarterback's development on a whim.
Yet, there's still blind homers that dismiss this as no big deal: he tried and it didn't work out. Oh well.

I have noticed a few IBWTers voicing their discontent or disappointment w/ Bill. That decision weakened him w/ the fans and the Krafts. This announced open process to find an OC is a sign of Bill taking a hit. I can't wait to see how the Mayo-SB relationship and titles work out.

Yet, there's still blind homers that dismiss this as no big deal: he tried and it didn't work out. Oh well.

I have noticed a few IBWTers voicing their discontent or disappointment w/ Bill. That decision weakened him w/ the fans and the Krafts. This announced open process to find an OC is a sign of Bill taking a hit. I can't wait to see how the Mayo-SB relationship and titles work out.
Agree. The optics for the Mayo/Steve Belichick thing are rough for Bill. Make your kid the official DC and it will look like Bill passed over Mayo for his kid. Give Mayo the "assistant head coach" and people will ask what his duties are and why he came back for that. All these years of trying to get cute with titles seems to have finally backfired. I also think that they might have got their hand slapped by the league for circumventing the Rooney Rule last year by basically giving Patrica and Judge jobs without interviewing any candidates first. To me that is probably why they have been far more transparent than usual about the interview process.

I like MP. Things didn’t go well on offense this season and he was a part of the problem. Other problems include horrendous redzone execution, untimely/bad OL play, injuries, ridiculously bad fumbles, uneven/ bad QB play, covered receivers…

Fans who think MP is over 50% of the problem are glossing over the other factors imo. He is to blame. But hardly as much as posters here want to think.

I am sorry but there is no place on this board for that kind of locial, well thoughtout response. Just kidding, I agree 100% with your take.

Please let it be so.

Very similar to what Mike Reiss reported Sunday. Basically, the Patriots want him back but at their price. Which won’t be HC or coordinator money. Since Patricia is no longer being paid by the Lions, he may leave to find a job where he can be paid coordinator money.

I don't dismiss it. I don't look at it as the end of the world and we need to put Bill's head on a spike at the entrance to the stadium by the lighthouse, either. Which is why we have RKK taking back some of Bill's autonomy with the transparency. Somewhere in the middle between Fire Bill and IBWT.
crowd riot GIF

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back