PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The future of Matt Patricia

I don't dismiss it. I don't look at it as the end of the world and we need to put Bill's head on a spike at the entrance to the stadium by the lighthouse, either. Which is why we have RKK taking back some of Bill's autonomy with the transparency. Somewhere in the middle between Fire Bill and IBWT.
crowd riot GIF
He's not taking any of his autonomy. Bob and Bill were in agreement that things needed to change on offense. Bill's selecting the new OC. If Bob picked the new OC, then you make the case that Bill has lost autonomy.

He's not taking any of his autonomy. Bob and Bill were in agreement that things needed to change on offense. Bill's selecting the new OC. If Bob picked the new OC, then you make the case that Bill has lost autonomy.
I think the press release is 100% RKK. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but that screamed they were doing this one RKK's way not Bill's.

RKK? More like Jonathan
I guess when I say something is RKK, I don't differentiate in my mind between Jonathan and Robert, but the owners office at 1 Patriot Place. You are probably 100% correct.

Matt Patricia was run out of Detroit on a rail after pissing off not just the city but every single player in that lockerroom and the way he handled himself was absolutely embarassing and I would be THRILLED if he's permanently gone from the Patriots.

Agree. Hes not taking any away any autonomy from Bill.

What he is doing is assuring the fan base ownership is not standing by and letting this ineptness on offense go unnoticed.

In terms of the Mayo situation, it seems as if Bill doesn't try to do more to keep coaches and FO people to stay and it's RKK or Jonathan are the ones who make the effort to keep them.

Matt Patricia was run out of Detroit on a rail after pissing off not just the city but every single player in that lockerroom and the way he handled himself was absolutely embarassing and I would be THRILLED if he's permanently gone from the Patriots.
He didn't do himself any favors at the onset... There was a big kerfluffle about him making players run after screw ups that went sideways up some vets bunghole... They complained to their buddies in the media, who backed them and went after him in the press... Not saying Matt was a good coach there, but he lost the team & the locker room before the lions played game one... Every mistake was magnified and ripped in the press... He lost a war he didn't even know he was fighting... The lions roster back then was filled with a bunch of losers...

Its on BB, that much is for sure. He said so. Matt did the best he could, with what he was given vs his too many responsibilities... at a certain point he should have said Bill, I can't do both roles (OL & OC) ... thats on him, and an indicator that he needs to learn how to say "No" to BB ...

I think he stays on the coaching side... as an undefined assistant... that would be the cheapest route for the team to take, outside of letting him go, so it seems most likely...
He wasn’t OC, he was the position coach who called the plays on game day.
Every asst coach has game planning responsibilities in this organization, they always have. When there is no OC it is much more of a shared role. Patricia didn’t have too many responsibilities, the group just didn’t do a good job.

I saw from @venecol that Tom Curran is reporting that Bill could move on from Patricia completely. That would be a great start to the off season.
How much do you wanna bet dumping Patricia was a condition for BOB to come here?

How much do you wanna bet dumping Patricia was a condition for BOB to come here?
I'm guessing because BOB doesn't want Patricia to meddle with him? Is that what you're referring to?

He wasn’t OC, he was the position coach who called the plays on game day.
Every asst coach has game planning responsibilities in this organization, they always have. When there is no OC it is much more of a shared role. Patricia didn’t have too many responsibilities, the group just didn’t do a good job.
semantics.

So are we saying Patricia won’t even work on contracts?

No, its semantics. He was the play caller. He takes the heat. End of story.
Okay calling is only one piece of offensive coordinator. Being the OC and the play caller are far from the same thing. Semantics means 2 different ways of saying the same thing.
Who takes the heat isn’t the question, I resounded to you saying by being OC and OL coach he had too many responsibilities. Your facts are wrong.

Okay calling is only one piece of offensive coordinator. Being the OC and the play caller are far from the same thing. Semantics means 2 different ways of saying the same thing.
Who takes the heat isn’t the question, I resounded to you saying by being OC and OL coach he had too many responsibilities. Your facts are wrong.
Whatever ring. I'm gonna go take a huge dump now, which is eminently more enjoyable than arguing with you over facts every one but you seems to know. Have a nice night, will ya?

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back