PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"THE DYNASTY"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWSB47

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I just recieved a hard copy of "THE DYNASTY" BY Jeff Benedict compliments of The New England Patriots(for season ticket holders). Going to start it later today......Sorry @PatsFanInVa, its over 500 pages with no pictures. I know you'll be disappointed :)

I just recieved a hard copy of "THE DYNASTY" BY Jeff Benedict compliments of The New England Patriots(for season ticket holders). Going to start it later today......Sorry @PatsFanInVa, its over 500 pages with no pictures. I know you'll be disappointed :)
I ordered a month ago and haven't had an opportunity yet to dive in but I'm also looking forward to it. :D

About halfway through it. Much of the early part is about Kraft. A bunch of stuff I didn’t know since I had not lived in NE since the 70’s. Seems like the stuff about the later years of the dynasty is a rehash of stuff well-known (anecdotes, quotes etc). And then the stuff about the B/B breakup - the book actually starts with that. Seems like Benedict likes Kraft, at least what I’ve read to date.

It seems Brady and Kraft were interviewed for the book and BB apparently declined (was not in the acknowledgments).

Reactions: Ian
It seems Brady and Kraft were interviewed for the book and BB apparently declined (was not in the acknowledgments).
BB answered quite a few email requests, according to Benedict via Tom Curran's podcast. Belichick also did admit he provided some responses on WEEI, so he was involved. Just not quite at the level that Brady and Kraft were.

If you're enjoying the book, this was really good:

Definitely a good listen if you're going to be in the car for a bit. He goes into some pretty good detail about it, really great stuff :)

I finished it a few days ago. Really enjoyed it. What impressed me the most was the endnotes, giving a good explanation of sources for all the material. Also learned a lot about Kraft’s early career. Was very impressed by his tenacity and prolonged courtship of Myra... Lots of good stuff, I’d say it’s as good as any book about the Patriots that I’ve read (which is most of them, at least I think it’s all that I know of). Gave me a more sympathetic perspective on Bledsoe as well. Overall, a good read.

I got this book sent to me yesterday, unsure when I will read it. Let me know if its good.

Reactions: Ian
The letter they sent with it the first paragraph had me thinking they were getting ready to let us back in the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes